1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    http://nation.foxnews.com/chick-fil/...we-create-jobs

Chicago Owner of Targeted Chick-fil-A to Mayor Rahm: We Create Jobs

The owner of a Chicago Chick-fil-A franchise that created 97 jobs has a message for Mayor Rahm Emanuel – eat more chicken.

“I would like to invite Mayor Emanuel into my restaurant to meet me, my husband Steve, and my management staff,” said Lauren Silich in a letter posted on the restaurant’s Facebook page.

The invitation came after Emanuel declared that he would supports efforts by an alderman to block a second restaurant from being constructed because the Atlanta-based restaurant chain supports the biblical definition of marriage.
    Lets look at the Biblican definition of marriage.

There's 1400 comments on this article, have fun gentlemen. I refuse to read them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 57Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    97 jobs
    HOLY SHIT THIS AMOUNT OF JOBS WILL DEFINITELY SOLVE THE ECONOMIC CRISIS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 42Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,643 Posts
    Comments of gold.
    I love Chic Fil A and will support them. I'm against gay marriage too and I'm proud of it.
    207 upvotes.

The problem with gays today is that they are demanding ACCEPTANCE, when the most they will ever get is TOLERANCE. I have never been bothered by gays until they started demanding that I approve of them. And just like Obama has increased racism, so have the gays.
    Rights? Gay marriage? I do believe the proper word would be "morals". Stop twisting and bending the rules to fit this disgusting lifestyle.
    <Someone compared the fight for gay rights to the interracial marraige thing>
    Person B: Interracial marriages are not equal in comparison to gay marriage. Stop trying to stretch the definition of marriage to encompass your perversion.

Person A:
    If no one is getting hurt, the where is the "perversion"?

Person B: Society is the one getting hurt. Social standards and norms should be upheld and protected. If you want to engage in that sort of behavior then do so but, don't call it marriage, and don't expect the laws which pertain to society's norms be forced to encompass the abnormal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,563 Posts
    The comments

They burn

Facepunch should switch to the same rating system as Fox so we can call news posts Offensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 32Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    ah yes, fast food jobs are the most important jobs in america
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,563 Posts
    but but but
    they spread the word of god

-Fox news

7. Post #7
    December 2010
    6,406 Posts
    I fucking love chic-fil-a, wait whats going on here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts

If only people would pay attention to this graphic.

It bothers me how people use the bible to justify their hate and don't even fucking pay attention to what it says.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,718 Posts
    That doesn't matter, what matters is that people will get money to feed themselves and their families with these jobs. Jobs aren't getting easier to find for low-wealth, low-education people in cities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,238 Posts
    Oh God, the comments, they hurt so much.

11. Post #11
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,557 Posts
    I heard it's harder to get a job at McDonalds than getting into college.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,111 Posts
    They sure as shit won't hire me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,510 Posts
    Comments of gold.

207 upvotes.

A guy at my place of work started talking about the chic-fil-a incident today during break. He was a human incarnation of a fox news comment board.

He compared gays to the guy who shot up people in Aurora.

14. Post #14
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,410 Posts
    Man does the OP ever make these Fox News articles hilarious. Keep it up!

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    mcdonalds had a national hiring day pretty recently and the stats were pretty mindboggling as far as the number of applicants compared to how many got hired

16. Post #16
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,581 Posts
    mcdonalds had a national hiring day pretty recently and the stats were pretty mindboggling as far as the number of applicants compared to how many got hired
    It was harder to get hired at McDonalds (during that time) then it was to be accepted into Harvard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,111 Posts
    I want to see those numbers.

18. Post #18
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,581 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2009
    3,959 Posts
    It was harder to get hired at McDonalds (during that time) then it was to be accepted into Harvard.
    Important Update: Oops! Major factual error! Harvard reduced their acceptance rate to 6.2% this year. I somehow used the record low acceptance rate from 2010, instead of the record low acceptance rate for 2011. I apologize for wildly misrepresenting the difficulty of getting a job at McDonalds. It is only as hard to get a job at McDonalds as getting into Harvard, not more difficult as I stated. I retract any claims about "more difficult". Matt Yglesias - are you going to apply? You might not make the cut.
    So a little sensationalist, but the point stands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Kiss me, I'm Irish
    September 2006
    8,541 Posts
    I am losing braincells by just reading the comments. I've never seen so many idiots in one place before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21

June 2012
    396 Posts
    yeah i can see the company collapsing as we speak, just look at all those customers deserting because it doesn't support gay marriage

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,246 Posts
    yeah i can see the company collapsing as we speak, just look at all those customers deserting because it doesn't support gay marriage
    not necessarily but its a hell of a pr nightmare

23. Post #23
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,638 Posts
    I can attest to this. (sorta')

Burger King made me take a math test, including long division, which I aced. Never got a call back.

The local college accepted me with almost no questions asked.

24. Post #24
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,557 Posts
    then it was to be accepted into Harvard.
    Yeah, that's it.

25. Post #25
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    every fox news comment ever

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,573 Posts
    I honestly believe that if you follow and practise a religion, you must adhere to it. A gay Catholic doesn't make sense. Really, religious people should all be fundamentalists.

I also don't follow a religion at all so I can (more or less) do what I like, and this sort of crap doesn't happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,111 Posts
    I honestly believe that if you follow and practise a religion, you must adhere to it. A gay Catholic doesn't make sense. Really, religious people should all be fundamentalists.

I also don't follow a religion at all so I can (more or less) do what I like, and this sort of crap doesn't happen.
    official roman catholic teaching states that it's not a sin to be gay

only boning same sex is a sin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2012
    1,800 Posts
    official roman catholic teaching states that it's not a sin to be gay

only boning same sex is a sin
    So basically it's okay to be gay as long as you don't do anything gay. Seems reasonable...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    I can attest to this. (sorta')

Burger King made me take a math test, including long division, which I aced. Never got a call back.

The local college accepted me with almost no questions asked.
    Thats ridiculous! when I went to get a job at mcdonalds the interviewer was just like, you can work and shit right? and I was like yea and we chatted about sport and then I came in for a trial the next day.

I declined the job because the trial made me realize how fucking shit working at mcdonalds is.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Fun fact. One of the reasons I don't post comments, and I'm grateful for this, is because my browser literally won't load the comment section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2012
    1,800 Posts
    Fun fact. One of the reasons I don't post comments, and I'm grateful for this, is because my browser literally won't load the comment section
    It's trying to protect you from the nightmare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,175 Posts
    http://nation.foxnews.com/chick-fil/...we-create-jobs

There's 1400 comments on this article, have fun gentlemen. I refuse to read them.
    holy shit solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines

what a fucking pimp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #33
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    holy shit solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines

what a fucking pimp
    That's literally impossible to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. You would be hard pressed to have sex with every single one of them in a year.

They were probably wives in the true biblical sense, as property.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    That's literally impossible to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. You would be hard pressed to have sex with every single one of them in a year.

They were probably wives in the true biblical sense, as property.
    He used them for chairs and to chase away kids that skateboarded near his lawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

35. Post #35
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    When they died he stuffed them and mounted them on the wall

Edited:

"up there next to that lion is wife #143, her ass was out of this world."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    He killed and mummified the first 400 wives, then proceeded to set them up foot to head style, making the worlds greatest minigolf course for thousands of years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    -
    May 2006
    10,102 Posts

Nope. Because it's not really up to any institution to define what makes someone a christian and what doesn't.

38. Post #38
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,940 Posts
    Nope. Because it's not really up to any institution to define what makes someone a christian and what doesn't.
    Only the Bible can do that. (Which says you must follow it in its entirety or you are a blasphemer, which is an unforgivable sin.)

39. Post #39
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Only the Bible can do that. (Which says you must follow it in its entirety or you are a blasphemer, which is an unforgivable sin.)
    Not really. According to most christian sects, if you accept Jesus you are automatically saved since Jesus absolved each and every person of sin by making himself an atonement sacrifice(that's where lamb of god comes from, since lambs are the primary choice to burn for an atonement sacrifice).

It depends. Which is why there are gay christians and people who are adulterers are allowed into churches.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,926 Posts

1 gold star to anyone who guesses whom that is.