1. Post #4121
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    I can't express these feelings inside of me.

Have a substitute.

that's just some guy speculating, that's not a confirmation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4122
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    that's just some guy speculating, that's not a confirmation
    hogofwar found filenames in the soundcache that referenced medic lines that don't currently exist in the real game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4123
    January 2012
    490 Posts
    why does caravan palace fit robots so WELL WHAT AFKAFBFBG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4124
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    I hope the workshop gets proper map support like CS:GO will
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4125
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,172 Posts
    I hope the workshop gets proper map support like CS:GO will
    dm_mcdonalds and cp_orange_2012_hxc everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #4126
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    hogofwar found filenames in the soundcache that referenced medic lines that don't currently exist in the real game
    well, now that is something else entirely.

The post he quoted though was speculation, but this, this is news to me. Neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

7. Post #4127
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    There needs to be moderation in the workshop before anything else is added.
    I am tired of russians spamming random shit items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #4128
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    and fucking stealing shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #4129
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/Stea...68846541784343

community reporting has led to the take-down of over 1,400 items from the Workshop to date.
    I would prefer that there be more strict rules regarding items that are taken down. Some sort of punishment that discourages doing things that'll get your entries removed in the first place. But the guy who submit the item that was accepted that also violated IP law got banned at least, so it's a step in the right direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #4130
    August 2008
    1,849 Posts
    <@Commandhat> There's a strip of pixels at the top of the page bothering me
    <@Commandhat> Like an eraser was taken to words there
    <@Dovahkiin> Page, or image?
    <@Commandhat> Image, excuse m
    <@Commandhat> Me
    <@Dovahkiin> Around the black bit?
    <@Dovahkiin> Or at the top of the aged paper?
    <@Commandhat> Yeah
    <@Commandhat> Er
    <@Commandhat> See if you zoom in along the top
    <@Dovahkiin> Oh, I see
    <@Commandhat> You'll notice there's occasional block marks
    <@Commandhat> Black*
    <@Dovahkiin> @morse ...---..
    <@Commandhat> Can we ask a CSI to enhance it and zoom in on the reflection
    <@Dovahkiin> ... that was a nice try
    <@Dovahkiin> @m2a ...---..
    <+ARGBot> => ?
    <@Dovahkiin> nope.jpg
    <@Dovahkiin> Looks like a jpeg artifact, maybe?
    <@Commandhat> I'm not saying it's morse
    <@Commandhat> It might be words that were erased or whited out
    <@Dovahkiin> It's on the bottom too
    <@Dovahkiin> And the sides
    <@Dovahkiin> If you rotate the image
    <@Commandhat> I can see a faint "n" when I zoom in at the top
    <@Commandhat> I'd take a screenshot, but I'm not rooted and not using ICS :(
    <@Dovahkiin> top right?
    <@Commandhat> Top left/middle
    <@Commandhat> Above the comma
    <@Commandhat> You'd have to zoom way in
    <@Dovahkiin> I see it.
    <@Dovahkiin> JPEG artifact, maybe?
    <@Dovahkiin> Or
    <@Dovahkiin> Part of the paper?
    <@Dovahkiin> Wait
    <@Dovahkiin> No
    <@Dovahkiin> That's obviously erased
    <@Dovahkiin> I have it pulled up on my MBP
    <@Dovahkiin> http://d.pr/i/mMC8
    <@Commandhat> It's too... lettery to be a jpeg artifact methinks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #4131
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    In theory the cream should rise to the crop but in practice, we see so many crappy items on the front page. The bright side is that there is no way in hell that stolen or crappy items will ever make it in game.

12. Post #4132
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    I saw a russian submitted idea for a new soldier banner on the workshop.
    It could only be used when you were on red, and would give all crits and uber to the entire team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #4133
    September 2011
    4,366 Posts
    Time to check the Major Update thread for upda-

OH FUCK
    OH FUCK

IT HAS BEGUN
    FOR THE 6TH TI-

wait
    where is Kong King
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

14. Post #4134
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4135
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    I saw a russian submitted idea for a new soldier banner on the workshop.
    It could only be used when you were on red, and would give all crits and uber to the entire team.
    I know we have only gotten a few weapons from the Workshop but do creators actually get to chose the stats of the weapons? I thought Valve added them

16. Post #4136
    August 2008
    1,849 Posts
    Do we have a csi expert available to enhance the image and figure out what that eerased word was?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #4137
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    I know we have only gotten a few weapons from the Workshop but do creators actually get to chose the stats of the weapons? I thought Valve added them
    Yeah, as far as I know the stats are completely chosen by Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4138
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    Creators can make suggestions, but there's no guarantee that it will be as suggested.

Edited:

Hello, welcome to 3 days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #4139
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Hello, welcome to 3 days ago.
    I knew time travel was possible. I left Tokyo Haneda airport on August 7th and arrived at LAX on August 6th. Checkmate atheists...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #4140
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    remember the days of yore when the pyro was an ambush class
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4141
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    remember the days of yore when the pyro was an ambush class
    You mean never?

The Pyro's always been a short range class with limited options to get into ambush positions that other classes could have just as easily gotten into. The Detonator, Scorch Shot, and reflection jumps are the only actual ambush tools that the Pyro has, everything else could be done on foot by any other class.

The short range forces players to ambush or they do no damage. The Pyro lacks tools that other classes have as a base part of their class such as rocket jumps, sticky jumps, double jumps, invisibility and disguises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4142
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    You mean never?

The Pyro's always been a short range class with limited options to get into ambush positions that other classes could have just as easily gotten into. The Detonator, Scorch Shot, and reflection jumps are the only actual ambush tools that the Pyro has, everything else could be done on foot by any other class.

The short range forces players to ambush or they do no damage. The Pyro lacks tools that other classes have as a base part of their class such as rocket jumps, sticky jumps, double jumps, invisibility and disguises.
    The pyro can hide around a corner.... and ummmmmmm??? Crouch to reduce his hitbox? He is totally an ambush class
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #4143
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,701 Posts
    It's only August, but I'm already hyped for the Halloween update because of all this Gray stuff.

When are the second Saxxys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #4144
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,627 Posts
    Eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4145
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,353 Posts
    It's only August, but I'm already hyped for the Halloween update because of all this Gray stuff.

Annual implies every 12 months.

So May 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #4146
    June 2012
    725 Posts
    Can we stop and think what was the purpose of updating the site in such a manner that does not reach the masses?

The tfteam has to know that only those who are completely dedicated (FPers, /r/tf2'ers, SPUFers, wiki team, etc.) would find this information leaving most of those who are interested in TF2 not even knowing about this recent update to the story (however obvious it may be). Usually when divulging this kind of information, the team updates their blog or adds links in the website spreading the information or keeping the 'hype' on newer developments. When their is a blog post change everyone who ever logs in to play TF2 gets that exposure, instead the new information was spread without any form of update (blog post or TF2 patch).

Maybe they did not mean to add this yet? Maybe they are testing out methods of spreading info?

shrugs

What do you guys think?

27. Post #4147
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Can we stop and think what was the purpose of updating the site in such a manner that does not reach the masses?

The tfteam has to know that only those who are completely dedicated (FPers, /r/tf2'ers, SPUFers, wiki team, etc.) would find this information leaving most of those who are interested in TF2 not even knowing about this recent update to the story (however obvious it may be). Usually when divulging this kind of information, the team updates their blog or adds links in the website spreading the information or keeping the 'hype' on newer developments. When their is a blog post change everyone who ever logs in to play TF2 gets that exposure, instead the new information was spread without any form of update (blog post or TF2 patch).

Maybe they did not mean to add this yet? Maybe they are testing out methods of spreading info?

shrugs

What do you guys think?
    Maybe it's a way of tipping their hat to the more dedicated part of the community.
    Here's some information about a future update(?) to anyone who looks hard enough type of thing is my guess.

28. Post #4148
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,042 Posts
    did you really think they would release something without giving us backstory and/or arg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #4149
    September 2011
    4,366 Posts
    did you really think they would release something without giving us backstory and/or arg.
    The question is, do you think they would release backstory without an update behind?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4150
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,153 Posts
    They gave us another piece of virtual paper, that's a valid foreshadowing of what's to come. The update can now be tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #4151
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    -snip- never mind, I read the law thingie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #4152
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,042 Posts
    The question is, do you think they would release backstory without an update behind?
    no they will add stuff for gray. i think he hates red and blu so he is gonna make robots and bam all dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #4153
    June 2012
    725 Posts
    Of course they usually give us a backstory/arg before an update, the issue here is they have not done so in such a hidden manner before.

Every time they release information relating to backstories etc. they do so in a way that gets a lot of people's attention. Either a blog post update, a new link added to the main site (that may further lead to hidden links), or information stated in what appears to be an ordinary patch fix. This time they released backstory information before an update in a way that only few (those few who have site updaters for tf2.com) would have the privilege of finding.

Their method today for releasing this bit of backstory is strange/unique and almost seems as a not very effective approach for spreading the information.

34. Post #4154
    October 2011
    799 Posts
    posted this in the things that annoy you thread as a way to fix the economy slightly.

If I were in charge of the schema....
    -all bud would be made untradable. and become linked to some sort of acheivement so everyone could have one.
    -Bills hat and Max head would drop with the ones before the update being bumped to genuine.
    - No salvaged crates. EVER.
    - All promo items have zero date restrictions so the items can be obtained at any time. Genuine quality version have a set obtainibility date.
    - Increase chance of uncrating unusual hat to 5
    - all the halloween acheivement hats become craftable.
    Keys aren't messed with honestly I feel those are the only nonchanging in price type items...at least I think.
    No clue about metal.
    how horrid is this idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4155
    Dennab
    July 2012
    2,130 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...37&searchtext=

I.... i....

brain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Edited:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...25&searchtext=
    This is the sexiest thing ever

brb orgasm

Edited:

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/skins/119700
    On another note, that looks badass and really helps all the people who want a classic Grenade Launcher reskin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #4156
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,512 Posts
    posted this in the things that annoy you thread as a way to fix the economy slightly.

how horrid is this idea?
    Only people who spend money on hats could ever find a problem with these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4157
    September 2011
    4,366 Posts
    Of course they usually give us a backstory/arg before an update, the issue here is they have not done so in such a hidden manner before.

Every time they release information relating to backstories etc. they do so in a way that gets a lot of people's attention. Either a blog post update, a new link added to the main site (that may further lead to hidden links), or information stated in what appears to be an ordinary patch fix. This time they released backstory information before an update in a way that only few (those few who have site updaters for tf2.com) would have the privilege of finding.

Their method today for releasing this bit of backstory is strange/unique and almost seems as a not very effective approach for spreading the information.
    Well, there was the Uber Update with the blog redesign. Although it was much more obivious, it was on the blog and you had to check it to know it.
    Either way, it's not about who finds it, it's about how fast the word will spread.
    What bothers me is that they're doing this so early. I mean, we just got a major update (Triad Pack) and one month ago, there was Pyromania.

We keep saying it at every little thing, but we may see something Monday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4158
    March 2010
    1,042 Posts

There is quite visible blood spot on the blog which leads to new message.
    So it is availible for everyone who checks blog regulary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #4159
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    1,274 Posts
    Im just glad MvM ARG has started
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

40. Post #4160
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,353 Posts
    May I just say that i love how Barnabus Hale signs his name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)