1. Post #41
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    It really isn't that big of a deal. It was free pretty simple surgery. If I had ears that were really far out like that and someone offered to fix them for free I don't see why you would refuse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,394 Posts
    Where does it end though? What happens when she goes back to school and they say "Tits or GTFO"? Will she then 'need' implants?

3. Post #43
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    She looks just fine in the before image, especially considering she's caked with makeup in the after image. Pretty sure ear surgery doesn't change your complexion, after all. Pretty fucking manipulative use those two pictures when the ears are far from the only difference.

This is totally the wrong idea. Bullies will always find some flaw. Changing yourself to stop them will never work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,560 Posts
    I do think she was excessive in her efforts, but I think that that philosophy wouldn't hold true for more serious malformations.

There was a boy on a National Geographic documentary series, an 8 year old with severe facial deformities from birth, and the parents were talking about how they had no interest in surgeries that weren't necessary for health reasons (e.g. breathing).

5. Post #45
    May 2011
    1,910 Posts
    If bullies made fun of her for that long, it's not just because they think she has big ears.

6. Post #46
    It was only a dollar!
    June 2009
    328 Posts
    I had the same surgery when I was 5. Luckily, TriCare paid for it because it was considered a deformity.

7. Post #47
    What sort of fuckin twisted society gone wrong shit is this I'm reading

"oh no you are being bullied that is sad rather than teaching kids kindness and not to judge others for superficial things let's teach kids that you should change yourself physically to conform to societal standards for something as insignificant as ear orientation"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,560 Posts
    This really doesn't seem all that bad to me.

Edited:

I must be a cunt

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,812 Posts
    Think this foundation also reduces head sizes? I'm nearing the end of my school years and people still make fun of my bigger head
    people have been poking at my head for 2 decades now. I tell em its called "Hudgins Head" (Hudgins is my mothers maiden name and that side of the family very commonly have large heads) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And come on! I like those ears! That is in no way a deformity, thats simply a difference!

and wow the after photo makes her look a lot older.

10. Post #50
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    i think she took the joke too far

11. Post #51
    October 2007
    344 Posts
    hey guys let's judge her personal decisions because we are all her and are in her situation obviously.

12. Post #52
    March 2008
    741 Posts
    This is stupid.

13. Post #53
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,315 Posts
    i look past your big ears and see the beautiful man beneath them, the man who argues his beliefs on an internet forum, doing what he enjoys. This is what makes you better than those meanie butts that made fun of you, you follow your dreams.
    I'll be honest with you here; that's pretty gay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    My ears are pretty big but that doesn't mean I needed $40,000 surgery + psychological counselling to get through my first year of high school, and yeah, my nickname was dumbo too during public school. I don't know how bad it was for her, but to someone who's been in that position, it seems like kind of a waste of money.

I think your ear looks sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    March 2012
    867 Posts
    Ow, right in the self confidence

16. Post #56
    January 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Ears are definitely a lot less noticeable in the second picture. If she's happy with the result, who am I to judge? Glad she doesn't feel bad anymore.