1. Post #1
    January 2012
    31 Posts
    Can I setup a FastDL on my server?

I need it to be the following:
    Free
    Hosted Not on My Home Connection

Can This be done?

I just need to put some maps in there and some other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Why all bold
    Also, dropbox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    31 Posts
    I fixed the all bold, but I am not sure how to use Dropbox to have a FastDL on my server, can you explain in more detail please?

4. Post #4
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    http://havocservers.com/index.php

You can afford xenforo and you cant afford a $4/month VPS for FastDL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,179 Posts
    http://havocservers.com/index.php

You can afford xenforo and you cant afford a $4/month VPS for FastDL?
    He saved his allowance for months for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    koz
    OasisRP

July 2012
    371 Posts
    You could try using dropbox as a main source of fast dl. It's very fast and reliable. It can be somewhat slow sometimes but it works perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Facepunch's Local Lycanthrope
    December 2008
    1,759 Posts
    You could try using dropbox as a main source of fast dl. It's very fast and reliable. It can be somewhat slow sometimes but it works perfect.
    This is a stupid idea; Dropbox isn't meant for this and you'll easily run over your traffic cap.

OP, as previously mentioned, just buy a VPS and host the stuff on there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

January 2012
    43 Posts
    This is a stupid idea; Dropbox isn't meant for this and you'll easily run over your traffic cap.

OP, as previously mentioned, just buy a VPS and host the stuff on there.
    I ran a popular TTT server for while only on Dropbox. I never hit any caps. Nothing wrong with Dropbox, for most people at least.

9. Post #9
    kp3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,986 Posts
    You'll run out of bandwidth if you have lots of files to be downloaded / lots of users.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    240 Posts
    I just use the 'small' vps from Kimsufi http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/vks/ - Really fast download speeds and cheap as shit

11. Post #11

May 2008
    50 Posts
    I could offer you some space... but i dont know how to setup fastdl.
    1Gbs guaranteed.
    PM me if you are interested, OP.