1. Post #921
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,861 Posts
    2 Carries in a lane isn't really a good idea
    As soon as they hit level six the enemies in the lane are pretty much dead. The combined ults of Naix and Riki is just plain ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,705 Posts
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/age-o...548520325?mt=8

Look at the last pic there

"I'M MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DROM RANGER, PLS DO NOT STELA"

Hmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

3. Post #923
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    blink in, meld-strike, refraction, keep attacking, traps if they try to get away, if necessary blink to them and meld-strike again
    They kill me first.

Edited:

That's why I hate him so much. He requires so little effort to get a kill, even if you have team support. He's not even fun to play as because it's so easy to just steamroll everything.
    But wont work if your team sucks and feeds the enemy or lets them farm peacefully.
    I've learned that the hard way...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

4. Post #924
    July 2010
    4,082 Posts
    As soon as they hit level six the enemies in the lane are pretty much dead. The combined ults of Naix and Riki is just plain ridiculous.
    Have fun with double melee lane where both people need heavy farm to ever actually do anything. A lone windrunner, or most other ranged heroes with some form of survival could easily out level you in that lane as well as out farm, and harass both of you off the lane.

Naix's ult is nothing game breaking. I fail to see any relevance to this 'combo'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,861 Posts
    Have fun with double melee lane where both people need heavy farm to ever actually do anything. A lone windrunner, or most other ranged heroes with some form of survival could easily out level you in that lane as well as out farm, and harass both of you off the lane.

Naix's ult is nothing game breaking. I fail to see any relevance to this 'combo'
    Most people never seem to respond to this, as we're not any top-league freaking players, obviously.

Plus, I never said that his ult was game breaking, ever. Where are you getting this from? I've already done a bunch of games handling that combo and it's worked wonderfully.

Edited:

Hiding a Naix inside of Riki while cloaked never seems to cease surprising any of the enemies for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,325 Posts
    anybody else find Pudge's hooking sound to be incredibly satisfying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Personally I like the sound of all the gold after ulting with NP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/age-o...548520325?mt=8

Look at the last pic there

"I'M MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DROM RANGER, PLS DO NOT STELA"
    "How emBARASSING."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #929
    August 2012
    22 Posts
    No. I'm usually on the receiving end of it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #930
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    Tales in the Life of a Wooden Courier: Episode 1, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Feeder

When not enjoying long walks on the beach and fucking bitches, Stumpy enjoys a soothing lava bath in the Dire fountain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,225 Posts
    Lanaya takes a shortcut:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #932
    November 2010
    250 Posts
    Has anyone else ever noticed that Dragon Knight's shoulder pads are missing backfaces? the default ones too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    November 2009
    1,475 Posts
    Lanaya takes a shortcut:

God dammit Shibbey, it was a short cut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    Allright, how does this work.

I run Dota at fullscreen = I have graphic errors (hasted cloaks ,etc) and 60 fps max
    I run Dota at Borderless Window = I have no graphic errors, around 100 fps and taste free cookies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

15. Post #935
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    borderless window makes everything run better for me, but some people say it's worse.

:I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

16. Post #936
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    April 2011
    6,228 Posts
    My guide to ganking is this: dont bother

let the fuckers handle it themselves, if they shout abuse at you go afk in fountain and disconnect

so heres a message to everybody that expects me to gank: suck my left nut, then my right one, then go tell your mama, P FLAX DON'T GANK
    Make sure to destroy all your items and steal all the last hits from whatever lane you are at first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,582 Posts
    I get that Flax's videos are supposed to be parodies, but aren't parodies supposed to be funny?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #939
    October 2009
    12,681 Posts
    Just won a game where we were one ranged rax away from being mega creeped and at this point we haven't even cracked into the enemy base yet. We go all in and this drow on our team is just DEMOLISHING everyone. 1k crit every single hit. 2 shotting half of the enemy team. We push for GG and win. Fun game even if I didn't do that well. I just ended up helping by counter pushing all game as rubick moistly and just being a nuisance by constantly nuking the enemy team.

Drow had the items to dish out a ton of damage but the problem was leaving the base due to the NP on the enemy team. We killed him in one fight though when we knew he didn't have buyback and that's when we made our final strike against the enemy base and won. I have a feeling the prophet who was being all cocky on the enemy team going level 5 dagon + Eth blade was not very happy about losing.

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    borderless window makes everything run better for me, but some people say it's worse. :I
    But brightness doesn't work in borderless. Game is too bright at night :< Any way to get best of both worlds ? Brightness adjust in Borderless Window ?

21. Post #941
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,571 Posts
    But brightness doesn't work in borderless. Game is too bright at night :< Any way to get best of both worlds ? Brightness adjust in Borderless Window ?
    use f.lux. it adjusts your monitor colour according to the time of day so that it matches the natural light or the light from your bulb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    use f.lux. it adjusts your monitor colour according to the time of day so that it matches the natural light or the light from your bulb.
    I meant "at night" as in in-game night. I just got Game Companion, "Intense" setting is about what I wanted. Feeling good, fixed annoying graphical error and avoided unnecessary complications with gamma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #943
    November 2010
    79 Posts
    My brightness doesn't seem to change no matter what XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,001 Posts
    The only carries im interested in are so difficult. Alchemist, Lone Druid, DOOM, Lanaya... Why am I cursed to be tempted by these heroes and not the simple ones?
    alchemist and doom aren't difficult they're just shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

25. Post #945
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,973 Posts
    alchemist and doom aren't difficult they're just shit
    Doom isn't shit at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

26. Post #946
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    I can agree on alchemist but doom haha ok nice joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I can agree on alchemist but doom haha ok nice joke
    Alchemist isn't shit. He's just too difficult for pubbies to play since they don't know how to chain their farm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #948
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,933 Posts
    Alchemist isn't shit. He's just too difficult for pubbies to play since they don't know how to chain their farm.
    I hardly ever see pubbers farming right on any hero. They just autoattack and miss all last hits and when I tell them to go farm, they go to jungle instead of a lane full of XP. As a Drow Ranger. And they tank all hits and almost die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

29. Post #949
    May 2011
    3,212 Posts
    Alchemist is great 1v2 laner actually.
    Rush soulring, use it and acid spray together = Farm while you patiently sit at tower for the gold to rack up.

Also, fuck the Vanguard > Radiance shit. Rush Armlet after boots + soulring. Then something like Heart or AC. Or then you can get radiance after Armlet, doesn't matter that much, but Vanguard slows the build by too much for the potential of the item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    so now you are telling me he's a top pick on comp or something?

As far as I know everyone said he was shit not long ago, now he's just difficult, okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #951
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I hardly ever see pubbers farming right on any hero. They just autoattack and miss all last hits and when I tell them to go farm, they go to jungle instead of a lane full of XP. As a Drow Ranger. And they tank all hits and almost die.
    That's the other reason Anti-Mage is successful in pubs, his farming is just blinking around the jungle and auto-attacking with battlefury.

Edited:

so now you are telling me he's a top pick on comp or something?

As far as I know everyone said he was shit not long ago, now he's just difficult, okay.
    He isn't picked in comp because he's a hard carry.

Back in the ricing days he was a high-tier pick because he can farm better than anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    so now you are telling me he's a top pick on comp or something? As far as I know everyone said he was shit not long ago, now he's just difficult, okay.
    People say PL is shit, but he is competetive pick in China. Meta doesn't reflect game wholly. Players are people like us, they might just not notice potential of given hero and then just so stumble upon him, play him more, create strategies around and BOOM, new meta. For example I think Alchemist fits 3-lane meta insanely well, think about it. A great followup stun/nuke, AoE dominance (get me Disruptor with Alchemist!) and if he last hits, lane might be losing in Experience compared to duo/solo, but ensured last hits due to tri-lane increase gold income from that 1 lane by a lot. Imagine you can't deny Alchemist because there is Disruptor + Leshrac (not sure about 3rd on that trilane) always ready to harass/fuck you up if you try to do so.

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts

No hero is bad, some are situational or just not picked because they are not the best, not because they suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Guatemala Show Events

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,001 Posts
    good things about alchemist:

- he can farm well
    - pretty survivable

bad things about alchemist:

- melee strength carry with no slows
    - all that farm is really needed so if you miss anything you will lose the game for your team since either you are the only carry or you needed the easy lane so your other carries have no farm
    - his stun is godawful and more likely to hurt himself unless you are playing against retards who don't have any stuns or silences
    - absolutely terrible stats
    - when your ult is down you are almost no threat. acid spray's armour debuff is pretty much the only contribution you can make in a teamfight without it

i mean he has his good points like every hero but otherwise he is utterly mediocre in every way and there's really no reason to pick him over the other choices available to you.

doombringer isn't the worst but he's definitely on the lower end since his armour nerf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    August 2008
    1,538 Posts
    Alchemist gets crazy ass money when played right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    October 2008
    1,803 Posts
    what do i do when the only hero i'm even remotely good at is pudge?

i'm literally horseshit at everything else, and i've pretty much stuck with pudge forever

who's some easy to play heroes that are satisfying (i've tried skeleton king, tide, treant, axe, pudge, sven and windrunner)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    what do i do when the only hero i'm even remotely good at is pudge?

i'm literally horseshit at everything else, and i've pretty much stuck with pudge forever

who's some easy to play heroes that are satisfying (i've tried skeleton king, tide, treant, axe, pudge, sven and windrunner)
    Just keep randoming in all pick, or play single draft to force yourself to play different heroes without choosing ones you think "might fit your playstyle". It really helps you with picking up how different heroes play, because you're not shutting yourself off into one particular route.

Edited:

Also when you random you get a bit of extra gold, which can help you out if you're unsure on items etc :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    November 2010
    79 Posts
    Just keep randoming in all pick, or play single draft to force yourself to play different heroes without choosing ones you think "might fit your playstyle". It really helps you with picking up how different heroes play, because you're not shutting yourself off into one particular route.

Edited:

Also when you random you get a bit of extra gold, which can help you out if you're unsure on items etc :3
    no. I mean, you're telling him to go random, and risk getting a hero he's never played before, therefore causing him to get raped by the hostile as fuck community?

Rule of the thumb for me is to get people to play at least one bot game or just practice game with their new hero. That way, you can get a feel of how the hero is, eg. mana costs, auto attack animations, skill builds.

Then again, Falcqn does have a point. The best experience is when you're in a actual game with real people, so i guess there's nothing stopping you from trying a new hero with live people.

Just remember to stay vigilant whenever you get hate thrown at you if you start doing bad with a new hero; you can't win them all, and you'll eventually get better. :D

Hope you pick up a new hero soon ^W^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,973 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,808 Posts
    is the stun really THAT hard to land on alchemist? he's just so boring as a hero..

i've seen people get clever by timing omniknight's shield/blinking/exploiting line of sight, but if they see you coming without 1-2 seconds left on it then you've already fucked up!