1. Post #2161
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,343 Posts
    Whoever the random FPer's I just played against who said "oh hey it's chickens!" at the start of the game are:

Die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    I decided I would play a single game of dota 2 with my friend today cause I was bored and whatnot. Imagine my surprise when the team we are matched against was a group of 5 facepunchers. I was Shadow Shaman by the way, with my friend being Chaos Knight.
    Yeah, that was my best game as CK to date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2163
    June 2010
    1,812 Posts
    Whoever the random FPer's I just played against who said "oh hey it's chickens!" at the start of the game are:

Die
    <3

4. Post #2164
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,343 Posts
    I was Shadow Shaman
    You

YOU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2165
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,397 Posts
    OH GOD DIE >:CCCC

6. Post #2166
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Breaking Bad is on in an hour?

Dota sounds like a great way to kill the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #2167
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    WOW, that thing I said about american people playing dota was just dead on right now.

The american guys in my team were pretty cool people, not getting really mad at you for any mistakes and just overall nice.

The enemy team had at least 2 americans (I think I only saw them talking through the whole match) who were probably the most awful racist people I've ever seen in a game.

One in our team picked riki, and they instantly called him noob and said riki was a shit hero that gets countered by a 200 gold worth item.
    I end up laning with them as axe and warlock while I am sand king and lifestealer as my lane partner. We couldn't set up for kills at all, and they had some pretty fucked up harassing, and immediately called our top lane shit and that they would win the game.
    At this time I ask if they are american because of how annoying they are, and they reply they aren't (obvious lie, as there were americans everywhere and they spoke perfect english) and instantly called us mexicans or something.

The game went on, warlock got gangbanged alone by our whole team, started raging and calling us noobs for going 5on1. I just told him he was the idiot for being alone and he just shut up.
    He got literaly "owned" by riki and lifestealer and called them hackers and gooks for killing him, and said he'd report us all for hacks and we would all be banned

I missed an epi + blink and he started to make fun of me for landing it on the golem instead, saying I couldn't play SK for shit and that I couldn't even queue actions (except for the fact that I DID queue it...???)
    He then said Sand King is one of the easiest heroes to play and that you can't even get killed as him as he is the toughest in strength.... What the fuck was this guy on? And no he wasn't mentioning sand storm....
    Later I landed an epi right on top of him and their puck and magina, he just ran away, and seconds after, we won.

Suddenly, the match that was said to be won by the radiant, was a charity offer to the dire, even though they didn't even get our base towers and we just razed their base.
    We apparently were all reported for hacks as said.

Now, in their defence, its true, I did play a bit bad, but those 24 assists surely helped my team...

But man, these guys were just bad and racist at the same time.
    To add insult to injury, one of them has a steam profile worthy of the "worst steam profiles" thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #2168
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2169
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,352 Posts

I am the last of my kind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #2170
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,835 Posts
    WOW, that thing I said about american people playing dota was just dead on right now.

The american guys in my team were pretty cool people, not getting really mad at you for any mistakes and just overall nice.

The enemy team had at least 2 americans (I think I only saw them talking through the whole match) who were probably the most awful racist people I've ever seen in a game.

One in our team picked riki, and they instantly called him noob and said riki was a shit hero that gets countered by a 200 gold worth item.
    I end up laning with them as axe and warlock while I am sand king and lifestealer as my lane partner. We couldn't set up for kills at all, and they had some pretty fucked up harassing, and immediately called our top lane shit and that they would win the game.
    At this time I ask if they are american because of how annoying they are, and they reply they aren't (obvious lie, as there were americans everywhere and they spoke perfect english) and instantly called us mexicans or something.

The game went on, warlock got gangbanged alone by our whole team, started raging and calling us noobs for going 5on1. I just told him he was the idiot for being alone and he just shut up.
    He got literaly "owned" by riki and lifestealer and called them hackers and gooks for killing him, and said he'd report us all for hacks and we would all be banned

I missed an epi + blink and he started to make fun of me for landing it on the golem instead, saying I couldn't play SK for shit and that I couldn't even queue actions (except for the fact that I DID queue it...???)
    He then said Sand King is one of the easiest heroes to play and that you can't even get killed as him as he is the toughest in strength.... What the fuck was this guy on? And no he wasn't mentioning sand storm....
    Later I landed an epi right on top of him and their puck and magina, he just ran away, and seconds after, we won.

Suddenly, the match that was said to be won by the radiant, was a charity offer to the dire, even though they didn't even get our base towers and we just razed their base.
    We apparently were all reported for hacks as said.

Now, in their defence, its true, I did play a bit bad, but those 24 assists surely helped my team...

But man, these guys were just bad and racist at the same time.
    To add insult to injury, one of them has a steam profile worthy of the "worst steam profiles" thread.
    Racists, assholes and bad players are everywhere
    I saw a brazilian who didn't shut up and keep calling me out for small mistakes
    Decent/good brazilian and mexican players
    American players who were plain assholes
    Finnish players who refused to speak english and got mad at everyone for small mistakes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

11. Post #2171
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Fear nature's lame ass Minecraft skin.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7 (list)

12. Post #2172
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    quota diamond sword
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #2173
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Racists, assholes and bad players are everywhere
    I saw a brazilian who didn't shut up and keep calling me out for small mistakes
    Decent/good brazilian and mexican players
    American players who were plain assholes
    Finnish players who refused to speak english and got mad at everyone for small mistakes
    To me, seems like american players tend to act the worst, kinda like that "america no.1 america fuck yeah!" attitude as if they were the kings of everything and gave them the right to shit on everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

14. Post #2174
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,946 Posts
    To me, seems like american players tend to act the worst, kinda like that "america no.1 america fuck yeah!" attitude as if they were the kings of everything and gave them the right to shit on everyone else.
    Let's just agree assholes are assholes.
    No need for leaderboards there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2175
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,960 Posts
    I hate you. And I now need a better skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #2176
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,503 Posts
    In over seven years of playing aRTS' I've seen a lot of weird fucking people but I have never run into Americans acting like that. Racist, sure, but no country pride stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2177
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,966 Posts
    What is a utility? Is that another name for courier bitch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #2178
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    What is a utility? Is that another name for courier bitch?
    Utility heroes are heroes who aren't supports but tend to build items like Drum, Pipe, Mek, Veil, Etc.

Initiators and Gankers tend to turn into utility heroes in the late game. Also, Necrolyte sorta fits that build too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

19. Post #2179
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,563 Posts

good god this is ugly as sin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2180
    February 2005
    16,503 Posts

good god this is ugly as sin
    Reminds me of the Texas chainsaw guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #2181
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Let's just agree assholes are assholes.
    No need for leaderboards there.
    True.
    They come in any shape and size.

Edited:

In over seven years of playing aRTS' I've seen a lot of weird fucking people but I have never run into Americans acting like that. Racist, sure, but no country pride stuff.
    It's not the country pride. I mentioned it as a metaphor of sorts. Probably wrongly.

It's that way of being. "Everyone sucks but me", "Stand the fuck back, we have arrived, we got this" kind of way to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #2182
    February 2005
    16,503 Posts
    It's not the country pride. I mentioned it as a metaphor of sorts. Probably wrongly.

It's that way of being. "Everyone sucks but me", "Stand the fuck back, we have arrived, we got this" kind of way to be.
    Half the people who play DotA are like this then. There is literally no exception. Russian, Brazilian, American, Austrian, doesn't matter. I'm willing to believe that the jackasses you described were from the US because they were using Mexican slurs, but that is no an exclusive American thing. At all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #2183
    I played with 3 russians earlier. They went Bloodseeker, huskar, and juggernaut after me and my friend picked Druid and pudge.
    We lost because Bloodseeker fed the hell out of lich and proceeded to blame huskar who was in the other lane for not getting an urn or something.
    He screamed in russian over the mic for the next 10 minutes and then disconnected. Jugg did the same thing a couple minutes later. But Huskar was pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2184
    January 2011
    115 Posts
    Are you really calling other people racists?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 12Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #2185
    January 2011
    4,150 Posts
    I remember playing against a guy who ruined the match because there was non american players on the enemy team (my team. they were two russians who were actually good players, and myself), and it was only worth playing against people of his "kind", he said that our existance ruined the fun of the match and started to send couriers to us. All the other american players in the game, from his team and mine disagreed and he called them traitors of their nation.

I seriously hope that he lost access to the game, or maybe even banned. Nothing would be lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #2186
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    I remember playing against a guy who ruined the match because there was non american players on the enemy team (my team. they were two russians who were actually good players, and myself), and it was only worth playing against people of his "kind", he said that our existance ruined the fun of the match and started to send couriers to us. All the other american players in the game, from his team and mine disagreed and he called them traitors of their nation.

I seriously hope that he lost access to the game, or maybe even banned. Nothing would be lost.
    One of my friends got mad because there was an invoker that was a better invoker than him so he just spent the rest of the game farming the jungle as bloodseeker and raging about invoker getting his kills by stealing.

27. Post #2187
    September 2010
    501 Posts
    I have seen the dark light, and it is good!

Dazzle is so fun, unique heal/hurt skill and destroying people by lowering their armor.

spirit breaker sees me alone and charges me to get a cheese kill. I ulti, medallion, shadow poison and wack away with a desolator. so satisfying. I have found new love for the medallion as well.

28. Post #2188
    May 2011
    3,196 Posts
    I have seen the dark light, and it is good!

Dazzle is so fun, unique heal/hurt skill and destroying people by lowering their armor.

spirit breaker sees me alone and charges me to get a cheese kill. I ulti, medallion, shadow poison and wack away with a desolator. so satisfying. I have found new love for the medallion as well.
    Medallion is fucking amazing item, especially on ganker heroes like SB or Rexxar.
    I usually get it for the manaregen, but the armor and active are there just to make it even better item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events

29. Post #2189
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,835 Posts
    I still don't know why some people starts with boots and a salve
    Also, just played with a crystal maiden who died a lot early game and didn't level up arcane aura, despite two people asking her to do it, AND "i can't buy dust/wards i'm saving money"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

30. Post #2190
    President of the Visage Fan Club
    May 2010
    7,703 Posts
    Also, just played with a crystal maiden who died a lot early game and didn't level up arcane aura, despite two people asking her to do it, AND "i can't buy dust/wards i'm saving money"
    also took forever to actually go lane with you, made no use of her necrobook at all, never bought bkb, used her ult on a creep wave, and some other really dumb things

31. Post #2191
    May 2011
    3,196 Posts
    Starting with boots and salve/tangoes is a gimmick. It works on some heroes, but usually it's bad.
    The exeption is if you randomed and go boots + 3 Branches and consumable, getting stats is a must.
    For example, starting with boots on Juggernaut works if you're going for lv1 1stblood gank with 2 guys who have CC like Veno + Venge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events

32. Post #2192
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,193 Posts
    Definition of a carry.
    There is more then one carry in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #2193
    February 2005
    16,503 Posts
    There is more then one carry in the game.
    Yeah, but what you just said applies to every carry in the game except maybe anyone with an "out" like Anti-Mage, Faceless Void and Weaver and when I say that I don't mean they have good lane control, I mean they can not get their asses kicked in a pinch.

Edited:

I HAVE MADE A CHART!

- Anyone marked with red isn't a carry, or I don't expect them to be picked for the ability to carry. Don't get me wrong, QoP can rape a game but I don't expect her to be the carry.
    - Anyone marked in black doesn't have an out until six.
    - Anyone marked in green has a really dumb out that can be countered in lane, be it dust or a ward.
    - Anyone marked in blue has an out that they can have from level 1 if they want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

34. Post #2194
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,466 Posts
    ...bounty hunter not a carry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

35. Post #2195
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,598 Posts
    Well I just found stumpy.

So far I've found the Blood Chaser, 2 Call of the Dendrochron and now Stumpy. I like free, expensive stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #2196
    May 2011
    3,196 Posts
    ...bounty hunter not a carry?
    Gondar is a ganker who can transition into a carry if he does his job right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #2197
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    787 Posts
    How is bh is not a carry?
    His damage output scales to the late game, his ulti provides him a decent gold bonus and he has an escape mechanism.
    You can counter it with dust/wards/gem yes, but hey it's still better than nothing and also forcing the enemy team to waste additional gold on you, making difference in gold even bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #2198
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    530 Posts
    gondar is as much of a carry is riki is

they're both good hit and run heroes but can't teamfight for shit and shouldn't be built for such
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2199
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,946 Posts
    gondar is as much of a carry is riki is

they're both good hit and run heroes but can't teamfight for shit and shouldn't be built for such
    Weeeelllll.

Riki has cloud that is amazing for teamfights, getting rid of casters without magic immunity.

Gondar's Track gives bonus bounty to anyone in range, increases their movement speed and he has a handy-dandy slow from Jinada.

They are still useful in teamfights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

40. Post #2200
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    530 Posts
    Weeeelllll.

Riki has cloud that is amazing for teamfights, getting rid of casters without magic immunity.

Gondar's Track gives bonus bounty to anyone in range, increases their movement speed and he has a handy-dandy slow from Jinada.

They are still useful in teamfights.
    tidehunter, enigma and faceless void have large aoe disables
    tinker, leshrac and sand king have large aoe damage
    brewmaster can literally control a teamfight with blink+clap+split

and riki has his cloud of silence (and miss chance) and gondar has bonus gold from a kill + single target slow

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they can't contribute, but they are single target heroes who work so much better by trying to get map control through picking off heroes rather than trying to force teamfights, and as such should be built to pick off lone heroes rather than build for teamfights.

It's like people who don't push as lycan and instead farm for 30 mins, it works but that doesn't mean it's good.

e: I'll concede on the "can't teamfight for shit" but they're still hit and run heroes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events