1. Post #41
    September 2009
    1,153 Posts
    Fast question: if i increase my profile level playing against bots in co-op. Will i then rank up and fight more skilled players when i get around to the actual pvp?
    Or will i still fight others with low skill level?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,678 Posts
    The Battle point level has nothing to do with your skill. Only items.
    You'll still get matched with baddies!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    Fast question: if i increase my profile level playing against bots in co-op. Will i then rank up and fight more skilled players when i get around to the actual pvp?
    Matchmaking MMR is different than bots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,605 Posts
    Profile level has nothing to do with skill. All it's for is, when you level up, you get a new cosmetic item. That's it, nothing else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    February 2010
    2,844 Posts
    Profile level has nothing to do with skill. All it's for is, when you level up, you get a new cosmetic item. That's it, nothing else.
    but it indirectly helps because hats = skill

6. Post #46
    April 2011
    6,164 Posts
    Is this build any good for Silencer?

(Only pick if the enemy has the right heroes)
    I alternate between curse and last word, getting curse whenever I can, ulti of course.

After maxing curse, I should have 3 in last word, I then start maxing Glaives.

Finally I max the last word.

I get null talisman, then boots, then stick, after that I get power threads, then rush force staff. Mekansm unless someone else got it, then Scythe. Finally I get Shivas. If I have all that and we still haven't won, I just get Orchid.

I go mid if the opponent has a hero like Pudge, Tiny, Invoker, Morphling, Witch Doctor, etcetera etcetera, otherwise I go side lane hoping for some heroes I can shut down.

Of course, I am going a full carry build, trying to gank whenever possible, and stealing all runes (no bottle though)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,678 Posts
    Pro Silencers get 1 level in last word then max Glaives then stats until end of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #48
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    Pro Silencers get 1 level in last word then max Glaives then stats until end of time.
    Cots and last word is fine when they dont have spammable spells. If they do, then I just go for a glaive stats build.

9. Post #49
    March 2010
    59 Posts
    A early level in Glaives is also usefull for harassing, if you use the spell not automatic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

10. Post #50
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    Hnng, just lost a game because my team was like "Void is trash, he doesn't even have battlefury by 30 minutes so we don't need to gank him." 30 minutes later, we're getting killed by void.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2007
    646 Posts
    Hnng, just lost a game because my team was like "Void is trash, he doesn't even have battlefury by 30 minutes so we don't need to gank him." 30 minutes later, we're getting killed by void.
    He only starts killing you 60 minutes in?
    But I hate it when people let furion jungle and farm so easily, then complain about how he is overpowered.

12. Post #52
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,479 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,296 Posts
    Woo just lost another game cause Nyx Assasin fed too much and team went offense when they should of went defense and everyone died giving the enemy team the game-ending push at mid :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #54
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,832 Posts
    Supports deserve some love after being yelled all day by carries who overextend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #55
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,444 Posts
    Is visage any good? Just wondering, he seems really odd.

16. Post #56
    July 2008
    713 Posts
    Is visage any good? Just wondering, he seems really odd.
    He is if you can micro his familiars and him well.
    A decent slow, good damage on his soul assumption especially in longer fights, a good shield against burst heroes, and two 1 to 1.5 second aoe stuns with decent damage and has pretty much a global presence.

If you cant micro him well though he is kinda worthless since his familiars give shit tons of gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

17. Post #57
    August 2009
    31,444 Posts
    He is if you can micro his familiars and him well.
    A decent slow, good damage on his soul assumption especially in longer fights, a good shield against burst heroes, and two 1 to 1.5 second aoe stuns with decent damage and has pretty much a global presence.

If you cant micro him well though he is kinda worthless since his familiars give shit tons of gold.

Sadly, I can't micro for shit. It does seem like a good visage would be useful tho. His slow is amazing, and gives you a boost. His familiars can be used to scout, finish someone off, or hold someone in place with the stuns while you/an ally catches up.

18. Post #58
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,832 Posts
    If you have the cooldown ready, you can spawn them again and extend the stun for 6 seconds

Edited:

I think I will murder someone the next time that our supports tell the carry to buy the courier himself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

19. Post #59
    August 2009
    31,444 Posts
    If you have the cooldown ready, you can spawn them again and extend the stun for 6 seconds

Edited:

I think I will murder someone the next time that our supports tell the carry to buy the courier himself
    Even worse is when the carry buys the courier without asking or anything, doesn't even ask me.

I'm playing dazzle for fucks sake, let me buy the courier.

20. Post #60
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,832 Posts
    Even worse is when the carry buys the courier without asking or anything, doesn't even ask me.

I'm playing dazzle for fucks sake, let me buy the courier.
    Yeah it's kind of annoying when carries go full asshole and make assumptions
    for example this one time a silencer told "I'm going for the carry build and I bought a courier because u seem too retarded to do it XD"
    Anyways, depending of the support I might get the courier as soon as I spawn or wait a bit, and if the other support doesn't get it i buy it

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,191 Posts
    Where the hell do I go to get the Animated Portraits out of the game?

22. Post #62
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,126 Posts
    I got Dota 2 yesterday and I can't stop playing, very fun game.
    Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. I like long walks on the beach, and my favourite guy to play as is Viper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    June 2012
    559 Posts
    Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. I like long walks on the beach, and my favourite guy to play as is Viper.
    Invoker is a really simple hero, much like Viper. You should try him.

By the way, we can play together if you'd like. I have like 144 wins but i'm a fucking scrub so it will be an adventure for both of us!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #64
    January 2011
    4,149 Posts
    Welcome to Dota, I hope you enjoy the game.
    If you are new you should check this guide http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
    Belive me, It'll help you a lot.
    Also, you'll probably find people who'll act like dicks, ignore their insults, but if they point mistakes you should try to learn from them, remember that no one is born knowing how to do anything.
    I'm not the best at this game, but I could help you if you want.

Edited:

Invoker is a really simple hero, much like Viper. You should try him. :3
    Very funny.

25. Post #65
    April 2011
    6,164 Posts
    Invoker is a really simple hero, much like Viper. You should try him.
    At least say that with obvious sarcasm <.<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Just had a ridiculous game as KotL. Got first blood with illuminate, got next 2 kills, then when they were pushing mid i was lvl 7 so i got an ultra kill, then another time i got a rampage.

But, i have a terrible habit of buying dagon on every hero just to add some more punch to solo ganks. How can i stop this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

27. Post #67
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    At least say that with obvious sarcasm <.<
    This just in, influx of new players playing invoker. More at 11

28. Post #68
    June 2012
    559 Posts
    But, i have a terrible habit of buying dagon on every hero just to add some more punch to solo ganks. How can i stop this?
    You don't, because Dagon wins games.

29. Post #69
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    This just in, influx of new players playing invoker. More at 11
    Why would someone recommend Invoker to a new player. He is actually difficult to play. Imho new players should play easy heroes like Chen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    January 2011
    4,149 Posts
    Just had a ridiculous game as KotL. Got first blood with illuminate, got next 2 kills, then when they were pushing mid i was lvl 7 so i got an ultra kill, then another time i got a rampage.

Don't buy it. Just buy something else.

31. Post #71
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,179 Posts
    I have a horrible habit of getting Battlefury on EVERYONE with melee crits. If I'm a melee without crits I get something that gives me crits, and then think, "Oh, Battlefury would go well", but by that time the game is almost over. :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    May 2011
    3,195 Posts
    I have a horrible habit of getting Battlefury on EVERYONE with melee crits. If I'm a melee without crits I get something that gives me crits, and then think, "Oh, Battlefury would go well", but by that time the game is almost over. :v
    Battlefury should be bought on the guys who rely on their crits to deal damage.
    For example: Mortred and Juggernaut don't have a solid way to stick on targets over long periods of time, they either lack the defensive capabilities or can't chase dudes for a long time. (Mortred can sort of with her dagger, but it's not entirely reliable).
    These guys go on a guy, try to crit as much as they can before running away, like assassinating support heroes or that sort of shit, they rely on their crits to do their jobs, thus battlefury make their crits hit harder statically, since it hits other people too.

Meanwhile Brewmaster, another guy who has crits. He doesn't need battlefury to be effective, he has other reliable sources of damage, the crits are just extra punch when you are beating a guy who you have hazed and clapped to a crawl. His ult doesn't either benefit form the crit, since the pandas dont get the item effects Brewmaster has on himself, so battlefury isn't that great on him but it isn't bad either. It gives nice regen and damage with more farming/pushing utility on the side.

To put it short, heroes who are good with Battlefury.
    AM (Speeds up his farm by shitloads due to his mobility, he just lacks the farming mechanism)
    Mortred (Critting their support for 1k = dudes around him take around 300 damage out of a sudden)
    Juggernaut (Reinforces his pushing, gives nice regen on top of that. Scales well with crits too)
    Skeleton king (Same thing as Mortred, he has huge crit ratio [275%] don't consider this as core item tough)
    Void (During his ult he has free time to beat people up, Cleave helps him beat other people up during it too.)
    Gondar (Making his stealth>Jinada into AoE nuke)

Heroes who are not as good with Battlefury:
    Brewmaster (Has other sources of damage from spells, ult doesn't benefit from it which he will be spent most of the teamfighting anyways.)
    Chaosknight (only 10% chance to crit, too unreliable reason to build it)
    Dragon knight (he has built-in battlefury during his ult)
    Sven (he has better built-in battlefury, it works tough: making it 90% cleave)

Kunkka is an iffy one, it works but he doesn't need it that much either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

33. Post #73
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Chaosknight (only 10% chance to crit, too unreliable reason to build it)

Sven (he has better built-in battlefury, it works tough: making it 90% cleave)

Kunkka is an iffy one, it works but he doesn't need it that much either.
    It's bad on Choas Knight becuase illusions dont get +Damage.
    You should always build +STR/+Attackspeed on him.

It's pretty nice on Sven, actually. Give much needed mana regen, and lets him cleave near-full (Or more then full, even, since cleave is base don your attack damage and isn't reduced by armor.) damage.

It's downright CORE on Kunkka. Even if it didn't have an active, It's a super cheap, cost efficient way to get good damage (+60!) and great HP/Mana Regen. It also speeds up your farming like crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,833 Posts
    I really like nyx assasin, partly because he's the first Agi hero we've had in AGES that isn't some form of carry.

Ganking I find is much more fun than RMB2Win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Gondar (Making his stealth>Jinada into AoE nuke)
    This is kinda silly. People pick up Bfury on BH mostly for farming/pushing. Even with it's rather high damage, (attack damage + 120 x 2.25).35 = not that much. Generally, a Desolator is a better choice on him unless your team has no AoE damage at all for pushing. Or none of your teammates bothered to buy Arcanes.

Edited:

aaaaatoemurdge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #76
    Can someone explain to me how you counter Keeper of the light? he just does insane damage and fucks the shit out of any lane I've been in with his Q
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #77
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I really like nyx assasin, partly because he's the first Agi hero we've had in AGES that isn't some form of carry.

Ganking I find is much more fun than RMB2Win.
    Gankers/Roamers are the most fun heroes in the game for me. I hate sitting in my jungle, farming for 30 minutes, but I don't trust my random teammates to out carry the opposing team.

Not to mention heroes like Choas Knight, Pudge, Sven, Wisp, Gondar, etc are addictively fun to play.

Edited:

Can someone explain to me how you counter Keeper of the light? he just does insane damage and fucks the shit out of any lane I've been in with his Q
    Gank him using any of the heroes I just mentioned. He's pathetically squishy with no escape mechanism, other then to bring a teammate to his rescue.

Also you could just kill him with any sort of burst damage, or run out of the way of his horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,597 Posts
    (Mortred can sort of with her dagger, but it's not entirely reliable).
    Sorry but:
    Daggers - 4 second 50% slow with a cd of 8 seconds. Thats 3 seconds time where someone can run away from you.

Blink - 5 second cd, 1000 range

theres no freaking way you can just walk away from Mortred

Edited:

and yes, i am completely missing the point of that post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events

39. Post #79
    April 2011
    6,164 Posts
    Sorry but:
    Daggers - 4 second 50% slow with a cd of 8 seconds. Thats 3 seconds time where someone can run away from you.

Blink - 5 second cd, 1000 range

theres no freaking way you can just walk away from Mortred

Edited:

and yes, i am completely missing the point of that post
    I have to say something about that too.

If PA can't catch up with a runner hes REALLY bad.

I ran for like 2 minutes straight, and there was no way to escape, he had what seemed like infinite mana, and fighting was a bad idea.

So I ran, ran, ran.

50 daggers and 51 blink strikes later I die because nobody helps me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

40. Post #80
    May 2010
    659 Posts
    It's nearly impossible to escape from Mortred. Unless you forget to upgrade boots.

And I always forget.

By the way, it's Daedalus a good idea on Mortred or the crit percentage does not stack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)