1. Post #2081
    November 2010
    250 Posts
    never again do i play spirit breaker
    EDIT: also fuck wisp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2082
    October 2009
    12,686 Posts
    After killing the wisp you should have just bought a TP at their fountain and tp'd out. Could have escaped just fine if you did. I think. I didn't see anyone else in their base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #2083
    November 2010
    250 Posts
    After killing the wisp you should have just bought a TP at their fountain and tp'd out. Could have escaped just fine if you did. I think. I didn't see anyone else in their base.
    i really should of, i stupidly thought i might have had a clean escape through top :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #2084
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,314 Posts
    ugh every game i see lycan picked i just cringe, he is unbelievably hard to deal with superb push and escape.

i never really have fun when he's in the game (on my team and on the opponents team)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2085
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,942 Posts
    I find entertaining how some people deal (or not) with meld
    I saw the entery enemy team sitting next to TA, then one second later they all say "fuck it" and start doing something else, instead of using their AoE skills (kunkka's ult, razor's plasma field)
    they also left as soon I casted a tornado, to let TA escape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

6. Post #2086
    September 2009
    628 Posts
    ugh every game i see lycan picked i just cringe, he is unbelievably hard to deal with superb push and escape.

i never really have fun when he's in the game (on my team and on the opponents team)
    That's really only what happens when you leave his jungle alone
    Just try to be super annoying with wards in his jungle and he really has nothing to do with his crappy early game skillset
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,314 Posts
    we did, it's just you have to devote so many resources to shut him down while the other team if they're good start pushing, giving him space to farm

if you leave him alone for like 5 mins he has his vlads and solos roshan, it's just too much coordination for the average pub.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #2088
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,222 Posts
    Void and Medusa are the strongest hard carries.

Void because of Bash, backtrack and its amazing Chronosphere.

Medusa because of his Mana shield which makes her a brutally tanky carry and her split shot been completely awesome when having full items.

Tied on the next place for me, would be many of the mass illusion heroes, in this order, Terrorblade(Zeal and Metamorphis make him such a fucking beast), Spectre(Dispersion and Haunt so good), Phantom Lancer and Naga.(Chaos knight would get an special mention here, but his ulti cooldown doesn't make him a reliable carry)

Anti-Mage probably goes next, Blink and mana burn been amazing, also great attack animation.

Morphiling later thx to morph and replicate, also because of BURST DAMAGE.

Obsidian Destroyer then later as a counter-carry, against illusion heroes but countered HARD by BKB, and requires initiation towards the carry they want to focus on(Still his ulti, rapes illusions).

Silencer as well, but never played because no escape and squishy(same reason why OD is barely played too) and cuz BKB shits on him too.

THEN we enter the realm of LUCK, where you have Phantom Assassin.

This is comparing heroes with the same amount of farm(so completely farmed).

AND then you have Lone Druid that if you also say that has farmed EVERYTHING, that means he has full items on his bear and himself, which would make him a brutal carry but that's just not possible in the universe, even a Medusa with full items its more real than a 12 item Druid.

OPINIONS   

Spectre is the hardest carry, why? Useless without items, worst lane control in the game and refraction allows her to scale forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #2089
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I find entertaining how some people deal (or not) with meld
    I saw the entery enemy team sitting next to TA, then one second later they all say "fuck it" and start doing something else, instead of using their AoE skills (kunkka's ult, razor's plasma field)
    they also left as soon I casted a tornado, to let TA escape
    Urgh, fucking this. As soon as she goes invisible, her existence exits the minds of my team and they all bloody wander off. Many "She can't move while invis you blithering retards!" rages and angry ping spams on her location came from me that week. Luckily I played a lot of Batrider (her worst enemy) that week, so could handle her somewhat and mitigate the morons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #2090
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,973 Posts
    I love doing that as Wisp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #2091
    November 2010
    250 Posts
    I love doing that as Wisp.
    IT WAS YOU WASN'T IT
    i'll get you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,747 Posts
    Spectre is the hardest carry, why? Useless without items, worst lane control in the game and refraction allows her to scale forever
    Definition of a carry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Oh god played with this hilarious guy. He was playing sven, I said I was solo bot as SK and we already had enchant jungling, and he says "naw man im gerna purl dat kemp ova dere" He sounded like fucking hank hill. I was pinging like crazy because he just sat in jungle farming complaining about how enchantress (who ended with 26 last hits) was taking all the farm from the carries. Then our team would complain about sven not stunning, and he would say calmly but also angrily "ah erm stunnin yur all jest too slew"
    Probably the most hilarious thing was when i was pinging like fucking mad, they were pushing mid and both towers were about to be destroyed, so he said "I AINT CERMIN NO MURR YER PINGIN TOO MUCH! STERP IT! STERP IT! ITS NERT FUNNEH ENEMORE"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #2094
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    I don't think relying on spirit breaker to carry is a good idea if theres a silencer on the team
    that wasn't my point

they CAN carry, but if the team composition doesn't fit for it, you shoudn't try to carry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

15. Post #2095
    February 2009
    693 Posts
    just played a match with a wisp who thought hes a carry and needs to steal all my farm as skeleton king

..we also had a void, huskar and shadow fiend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts

Invoker's copying Pudge's new style~
    And Furion loves to go skinny dipping in the jungle lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #2097
    August 2008
    1,552 Posts
    I played some drunk dota last night. I remember picking alchemist and repicking to pick alchemist again and proceeded to go mid.
    It didn't go well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #2098
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,022 Posts
    FTFY

Magical bash is retarded. Build a bkb. Never give a shit about spirit breaker ever again. Every other melee bash in the game bypasses magical immunity, even skull basher. Greater bash, while having one of the coolest sound effects in the game, is an awful skill.
    fun fact about greater bash: it knocks people over earthshaker's fissure

that's right, you can fissure block yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2099
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,176 Posts
    Dragon Knight too strong.

Heart + Halberd all day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,812 Posts
    we did, it's just you have to devote so many resources to shut him down while the other team if they're good start pushing, giving him space to farm

if you leave him alone for like 5 mins he has his vlads and solos roshan, it's just too much coordination for the average pub.
    a rotation of wards for roshan/the jungle is the least you can do..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #2101
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I always make sure to have someone to babysit me when I pick a late game carry, but I'm always scared of the enemy harassing me to death
    I usually have a comeback.

I only lost 2 games in 7 with void. I get one or two deaths at start on the laning phase maybe, get a bunch of last hits, get into fights that usually work well, game goes 40 minutes and by then I should be 16.

It's weird. I usually suck at last hitting, but with void I manage alright and always get a few nice items. Even with a few harassments, I seem end up pulling through at least enough to make a presence.
    I'm far from being truly effective and good at void, but I could do much worse, like with Drow.

Edited:

just played a match with a wisp who thought hes a carry and needs to steal all my farm as skeleton king

..we also had a void, huskar and shadow fiend.
    Wisp doesn't lands anything (or even tries to, trying to be a carry)
    Void ulti's teammates only
    Huskar loses health
    Fiend gets nothing from dying

Best team ever

Is it normal that I can't play ursa at all?

I played him AWFULLY yesterday, but then again I was target No.1 for Doom's burgers who was quite literaly Usain Bolt from hell who would disable me asap.
    But then again, I've never played it right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

22. Post #2102
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    Since people are crying about Lycan for a change, I saw this vid, tried it myself and discovered that it's legit. It's quite hard to do and you're not getting any farm, but Lycan isn't getting any either, and you are there to delay his Vlad's as long as possible. I higly recommend watching this.

Also, you climb back in gold using track so you're only getting no farm during the 1st 10~ mins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #2103
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,065 Posts
    I get so fucking demotivated by people in pubs who thinks everyone should be super pro and flame in allcaps the whole game. I mean I've played a lot of LoL as well as DOTA 2 but the amount of horrible flamers in DOTA is just overwhelming. And that's compared to LoL!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,660 Posts
    Or he could have waited for the teleport to go back to the original location - as in don't kill wisp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #2105
    May 2011
    1,914 Posts
    Since people are crying about Lycan for a change, I saw this vid, tried it myself and discovered that it's legit. It's quite hard to do and you're not getting any farm, but Lycan isn't getting any either, and you are there to delay his Vlad's as long as possible. I higly recommend watching this.

Also, you climb back in gold using track so you're only getting no farm during the 1st 10~ mins.
    Couldn't Lycan just go into lane or into the enemy jungle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2106
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    If he went into lane after being harassed in the jungle, he shouldn't have any regen left and thus making it way harder for him to stay in the lane. If he goes into your jungle, you can easily band up with your teammates and gank him and shut him down even harder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #2107
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,007 Posts
    Guys, I have this free-kill Bounty Hunter around me. 1 Dust and we all split first blood, you in ?

At least that's what I would do as Lycan, or suggest that to Lycan if I were in lane.

I mean, it happend in video around 9:25, just without dust. This works, but only on very very very basic pub level.
    I mean Rhasta not getting wards/meka, rushing Refresher/Agha level in duolane with Ursa level.

Edited:

Also, a tip of the day :

No matter how god damn farmed you are, a black hole is still a black hole and god forbid you just waltz into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

28. Post #2108
    August 2011
    230 Posts
    Black hole is easily the most game changing ultimate in Dota.

I was playing a game where we were all behind and the other team was pressuring us so much. Even though we were on the verge of losing my friend landed good black holes and I'd follow up with call down and before we knew it we had devastating AoE and pushed straight through rax to win.

Also there's not enough love for Gyrocopter :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Dust doesn't hit you if you happen to have a tree between you and the Dust-caster, right? Like juking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2110
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Black hole is easily the most game changing ultimate in Dota.

I was playing a game where we were all behind and the other team was pressuring us so much. Even though we were on the verge of losing my friend landed good black holes and I'd follow up with call down and before we knew it we had devastating AoE and pushed straight through rax to win.

Also there's not enough love for Gyrocopter :(
    Also, Necrolyte.

Necrolyte's healing can be insane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #2111
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,621 Posts
    Also, Necrolyte.

Necrolyte's healing can be insane.
    god i love that video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #2112
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,370 Posts

hint to incoming martian manhunter items (I know im late)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #2113
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    I love self-entitled DOTA 1 players who plays a crappy game and then buys divine, ruining it after you took out two barracks.

Happens to me more often than you think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #2114
    August 2010
    2,074 Posts
    You know what I think would be cool? If FP had two teams, and they constantly played against each other to find out who is the best. Constant rivalry and shit.

It sounded better in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #2115
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    You know what I think would be cool? If FP had two teams, and they constantly played against each other to find out who is the best. Constant rivalry and shit.

It sounded better in my head.
    Whenever people from FP play all they do is whine in this thread and it's annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2116
    August 2010
    2,074 Posts
    Whenever people from FP play all they do is whine in this thread and it's annoying.
    Not "hey you random guy from FP come here lets play a game" but actual teams. Like, drafting people and playing a lot of games with them and against other teams. You know? Not just come and go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

37. Post #2117
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    I think it's the skillgaps that creates tension between us and it becomes hard to properly enjoy a game if one have to teach others. I can imagine it'll be a whole lot more fun to play with you guys when death mode and OMG-mode is released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #2118
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Not "hey you random guy from FP come here lets play a game" but actual teams. Like, drafting people and playing a lot of games with them and against other teams. You know? Not just come and go.
    I think someone should try to organize it, but the one problem would be the haughty people who immediately assume that they are the best and should lead/play or whatever.

39. Post #2119
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,015 Posts
    Could always just do a Facepunch-based tournament. Anyone can sign up with a team, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2120
    Could always just do a Facepunch-based tournament. Anyone can sign up with a team, etc.
    Winner gets eternal glory in the form of titles.

Edited:

I love self-entitled DOTA 1 players who plays a crappy game and then buys divine, ruining it after you took out two barracks.

Happens to me more often than you think.
    Divine rapiers make games intense (assuming it's even and not a faceroll).