1. Post #1
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    Hey, I recently got Windows 7 (about 2 months ago) and it has always been crashing (windows explorer). Only up until these past 3 weeks everything has been crashing, Steam, Chrome, Daemon Tools, Winrar, you name it. I've tried various virus scanners and they all come up with nothing. I've defragged, system restored, uninstalled shit and nothing will work. Today I deleted everything on my computer except Itunes, music, and some picture and it is still crashing. Windows Explorer stops responding, I have to restart my PC, Steam crashes while installing a game and have to wait 10+ minutes for it to close. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    That sounds pretty bad. See if it still happens in safe mode

3. Post #3
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    That sounds pretty bad. See if it still happens in safe mode
    It doesn't. I really don't know what could be causing it seeing as I deleted/uninstalled everything.

Edited:

Did this, came up with nothing.

5. Post #5
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    5,895 Posts
    Have you tried formatting man? It seems you've pretty much deleted most things from your PC anyways, so you wouldn't be losing much.

6. Post #6
    Im Dallas Powers
    June 2010
    1,732 Posts
    specs?

7. Post #7
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    Did this, came up with nothing.
    To properly test RAM, you need to run memtest for at least 8 hours. RAM may be fine until it heats up or is stressed enough, where it fails.

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    Have you tried formatting man? It seems you've pretty much deleted most things from your PC anyways, so you wouldn't be losing much.
    I would do this but I don't have the Windows 7 cd. If there's no other solution I'll do it.

9. Post #9
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    I would do this but I don't have the Windows 7 cd. If there's no other solution I'll do it.
    If you have a product key, just download an ISO of W7 and either burn it to a DVD or use a tool to make a bootable flash drive and install it from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    If you have a product key, just download an ISO of W7 and either burn it to a DVD or use a tool to make a bootable flash drive and install it from there.
    What do you mean by product key?

11. Post #11
    I Got That Swollen Hand Blues
    March 2009
    2,486 Posts
    What do you mean by product key?
    The product key of your Windows 7, you know, the one that activates it.

12. Post #12
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    The product key of your Windows 7, you know, the one that activates it.
    Don't have it.

13. Post #13
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    5,895 Posts
    Then just acquire a copy of Windows 7 and install it, you've already paid for it, why dish out the insanely large amount of money to buy another copy.

14. Post #14
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    I might do that soon, coming to the point I need too. But I've went through my Windows Update history and it everything started failing fucking up on 7/4/12 when I installed Windows Service Pack 1. Is there any way I can post the log of my update history?

Edited:

Turns out I've had Win7 for 4 months too.

15. Post #15
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    Then just acquire a copy of Windows 7 and install it, you've already paid for it, why dish out the insanely large amount of money to buy another copy.
    Why pirate W7 when he can just extract the key from his machine with produkey?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    I have my product ID is that the key I need?

Edited:

Now I just burn a Windows 7 ISO to a (dvd or cd?) disk then re install it? Wiping my harddrives?

17. Post #17
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    I'll be happy to reinstall windows

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    Yeah, it'll need to be a DVD. You will have to wipe the partition that Windows is being installed on, so you will want to backup any files that you wish to keep, or move them to another partition

19. Post #19
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    Yeah I can't get an ISO of Windows Enterprise because the only ISO for it is a trail, and fuck pirating there's no updates. I think my external drive may be infected but Malware bytes and Microsoft security essentials crash after a couple seconds of scanning (but Spybot S&D worked fine?)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    You could get an unmodified iso off a torrent website, i'm not sure of the legality, but once you put in your serial code, it should be like a normal legal windows

21. Post #21
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,271 Posts
    You could get an unmodified iso off a torrent website, i'm not sure of the legality, but once you put in your serial code, it should be like a normal legal windows
    Downloading software is legal as long as you have the proper license to own it (A serial). Downloading a unmodified torrent should be fine

22. Post #22
    July 2010
    3,419 Posts
    Yeah but I can't find an English Wind7 Enterprise ISO. There's a Greek one but not English.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    You can download language packs on Enterprise, so you can download an English one, you just need to know where all the buttons are since it'll be in greek but if you look at an online tutorial you'll know where to go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,775 Posts
    I fixed it for him, dont worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)