1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    You shouldn't really have any screen shaking with a graphic style like that. It's confusing and disorienting and more importantly really uncomfortable to look at. You really need to be aware of what looks nice and what is eye-torture to pull this off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Useful Useful x 2 (list)

2. Post #1242
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    please for god sakes don't make it shake that much when you get hit.
    pfft, you guys just don't get my ~artistic direction~

In all seriousness, it looks very different ingame. I'm leaving it in until I get some playtesters' opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    What I did was read most of the OpenGL Superbible.
    After that I used the android tutorials, stackoverflow and this:
    www.disgruntledrats.com/?p=440

It's not that hard if you read from several different sources. It just takes a while to figure it out.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the disgruntles link buddy. I now have a lovely cornflower blue screen. :grin:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

4. Post #1244
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Got inventories, potions, and weapon select working. Time for bed, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1245
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,456 Posts
    Midnight to 2am is prime coding time.

Somehow level parsing is all making sense to me now and I can make my enemies do cool stuff like hide in trees.

AAAAAAA BATS

Humdudumdudumdudu-

AAAAAAAAAAA BATS
    He looks like some kind of crusader penguin man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1246
    October 2009
    1,939 Posts
    Just added uniform setters to that engine I found.
    Now I can keep up with reading open.gl and add matrices and shit.

https://github.com/voodooattack/FimbulvetrEngine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #1247
    January 2010
    213 Posts
    I am thinking about creating a strategy game. I don't know if someone already has played Metal Fatigue:

Could be a good game if recreated. I just need some knowledge and a game engine, but I don't know what game engine do I use for strategy game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #1248
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,565 Posts
    Could be a good game if recreated. I just need some knowledge and a game engine, but I don't know what game engine do I use for strategy game.
    There's Spring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    Working on an Android RPG type game. Got collisions working just now.
    [IMG]i.imgur.com/zdIG2.png[/IMG]
    It doesn't want to let me thumb or post it, so just copy and paste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #1250
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,704 Posts
    Working on an Android RPG type game. Got collisions working just now.
    i.imgur.com/zdIG2.png
    Not sure how to thumb it.
    [t](image)[/t]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1251
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,258 Posts
    Hey whos that guy who made that sprite maker/animator program? Is it released yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #1252
    September 2010
    2,349 Posts

Also because I wanted to learn Swing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,688 Posts
    Am I the only one who loads shaders from files? I think it's bad to hard code in shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1254

January 2012
    133 Posts
    Am I the only one who loads shaders from files? I think it's bad to hard code in shaders.
    I do that, but it's still useful for these times when you have to create a constant simplest-ever shader (no lightning etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

15. Post #1255
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,186 Posts
    If I was todo that I would just use find and replace
    On the shader file:
    Find: \n
    Replace: \\n\"\n\+\" (In Sublime text 2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac New Zealand Show Events

16. Post #1256
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,518 Posts

making something in opengl/opentk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Programming King Programming King x 3 (list)

17. Post #1257

August 2012
    37 Posts

good night

(glsl)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #1258
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    -sip-
    making something in opengl/opentk.
    Since when is there an OpenTK renderer for GWEN.NET?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1259
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    I only hard code shaders at the beginning of a project; once I have a nice workable filesystem and rendering, that's when I start dynamically loading them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1260
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    It's doable with a nice little macro.

I prefer keeping the shader code mixed in with my C++ code because there's so much code referring to shader variables.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1261
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    What's the macro definition? I wasn't aware that C++ allowed run on strings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #1262
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    What's the macro definition? I wasn't aware that C++ allowed run on strings.
    It doesn't, sorta, it ignores the newlines in the run on string. The macro looks like this:

#define GLSL( x ) "#version 150\n" #x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

23. Post #1263
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,144 Posts
    It doesn't, sorta, it ignores the newlines in the run on string. The macro looks like this:

#define GLSL( x ) "#version 150\n" #x
    Wait, so I could write a macro like this
    #define Stringify( x ) #x

And it'd work with a string of any type and the only thing that would happen is the newlines would get removed?

Edited:

Fuck it I'll just try this instead of waiting for an answer

Edited:

Seems to work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1264
    July 2011
    87 Posts

So I finished my "Make a tool" assignment. Meaning that the assignment is over with. My tool isn't though.

I made a public repo for it: https://bitbucket.org/JacksieP/skellingtons/

Its current state is "You can animate stuff a bit."

Next feature is draw depth which will be on the bone and able to be changed on keyframes. Then I have to make a properly working undo/redo system (current one only works with what is saved to disk, not all editor changes so I stopped developing that further).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Winner x 4Artistic x 2Programming King x 2Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #1265
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Level switching!

Took me a while to debug because I accidentally multiplied his movement by 16 and blasted him off into the void every time he switched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1266
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,110 Posts
    You should try keeping your character on the same position on-screen between transitions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 20Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #1267
    March 2011
    261 Posts
    Remember Spark Browser? Well they are finally releasing the fastest broswer ever! HOLY SHIT: http://sparkbrowser.com

Anyways I added a time warp feature:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1268
    January 2010
    213 Posts
    Thanks, but I don't find tutorials. I don't know how to start :-/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

29. Post #1269
    January 2011
    2,004 Posts
    I wrote a super fast trigonometry explanation here. If you don't know what sine, cosine, and tangent are, go read it. It's practically required knowledge to write anything regarding angles, circles, or triangles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

30. Post #1270
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Remember Spark Browser? Well they are finally releasing the fastest broswer ever! HOLY SHIT: http://sparkbrowser.com
    It's a swish website, but they can't spell worth a damn.

Edited:

Maybe they're typing too fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #1271
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,407 Posts
    I am working on a config file editor.

So far you can create and open config files, edit the label whatever (the best name i could have thought of) thingies and save the files. Also stacked with a shit-ton of tiny features that make the tool work just a bit better or make the user feel better when using this tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #1272
    June 2010
    1,340 Posts

So far you can create and open config files, edit the label whatever (the best name i could have thought of) thingies and save the files. Also stacked with a shit-ton of tiny features that make the tool work just a bit better or make the user feel better when using this tool.
    Add 'poof' effects when you click the save button.

Okay I'll stop shitposting now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #1273
    January 2011
    2,004 Posts

What format(s) does it support?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

34. Post #1274
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,725 Posts
    Add 'poof' effects when you click the save button.

Okay I'll stop shitposting now.
    Make the screen shake when you expand/collapse a node.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1275
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,407 Posts
    What format(s) does it support?
    The basic .cfg, the {} things are not yet in and the [] things are not yet in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #1276
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts

Hello VBO triangle.

Edited:

I promise, these screenshots will have some worthy content.. One day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #1277
    March 2012
    273 Posts
    epic space game
    Holy hell, you made that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1278
    Follow me on GitHub!
    June 2011
    2,033 Posts

Having a look at Pokemon Crystal's ROM

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    This use to be funny, but now it's just sad. The dude's a blatant liar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1280
    March 2011
    261 Posts
    Holy hell, you made that?
    With my hands......

With XNA & C#. The whole game doesn't even use Advanced DirectX HLSL effects so I can port it to the Windows Phone with ease.

My blog is here: www.bytecode.ca

This is how my game looked like 1 month ago:

Compared to now:

The final game will sell for 1 dollar or 80 microsoft points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)