1. Post #41
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,825 Posts
    Some people value life equally?

Don't get me wrong, I eat meat, etc, but I still value an animal life at more or less the same level as a human life.
    what about bugs? no one ever mentions bugs in these conversations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    October 2009
    2,302 Posts
    Think of all the sperm that died

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,544 Posts
    Think of all the sperm that died
    ban sperm murder 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44

October 2011
    361 Posts
    What a brave and courageous cat
    He saved an officer from certain death by using his gat
    Who knows what the suspect was thinking
    All we know is that he's no longer blinking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,055 Posts
    I think you have to draw the line somewhere. For me the line is lower than it is for some; others, like what's-his-name who was posting before, have a very high line

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,840 Posts
    You don't count animals in a death count when people are present, its disrespectful. I won't even get into an argument about this, because idiots will remain idiots no matter what they are told.
    We're you beaten with an animal by your parents at a young age, seems to be your personal vendetta to belittle animals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,825 Posts
    I think you have to draw the line somewhere. For me the line is lower than it is for some; others, like what's-his-name who was posting before, have a very high line
    sometimes the line seems to be drawn at how cute the life-form is, and i object to that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

8. Post #48
    "You should see my penis, it puts a wookie to shame. its like a fucking front tail."
    January 2010
    2,395 Posts
    165 yard shot with a handgun? Holy fuck that is a long shot, I wonder how far up he had to aim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,203 Posts
    165 yard shot with a handgun? Holy fuck that is a long shot, I wonder how far up he had to aim.
    I highly doubt it was a handgun. 165 yards with a rifle is a fairly long shot. With handguns, anything beyond 50 and you shouldn't even bother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    bugs and insects do not have a brain, they run on a nervous system, one that tells them what patterns to act in and how to behave to certain things. They don't actually feel pain, nor do they have a consciousness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

11. Post #51
    bugs and insects do not have a brain, they run on a nervous system, one that tells them what patterns to act in and how to behave to certain things. They don't actually feel pain, nor do they have a consciousness.
    If this is true, thats really interesting.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,055 Posts
    Source(s)?

We thought plants didn't communicate with each other until a few months ago when that study showed super quiet noises and bursts of pheromones being transmitted between cabbages that were being 'attacked' by slugs

13. Post #53
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Source(s)?

We thought plants didn't communicate with each other until a few months ago when that study showed super quiet noises and bursts of pheromones being transmitted between cabbages that were being 'attacked' by slugs
    In a great study headed by Mark Wahlberg and M. Night Shyamalan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,616 Posts
    I highly doubt it was a handgun. 165 yards with a rifle is a fairly long shot. With handguns, anything beyond 50 and you shouldn't even bother.
    nope i believe it was a .357 revolver

15. Post #55
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,765 Posts
    I'm done arguing.
    ahahaha then why did you start
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

16. Post #56
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Okay fine about the dog shit, I don't really care either way, they're just dogs.

I'm done arguing.
    Have you had a bad experience with pets?

Because you're such an arrogant idiot it amazes me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    777 Posts
    For comparison, this is an experienced shooter with a target at 200 yards:
    Pretty goddamn impressive, this guy is a hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    no it's not. From what I can tell it was a .357 Magnum revolver. 165 yards at a man-sized target is an easy shot with any gun. It starts getting hard with handguns at around 150 yards, and magnum handguns at closer to 190. With rifles, 400 is generally where it starts to get hard to hit with an intermediate cartridge like 5.56x45, 800 with high power cartridges like .270 Winchester, and 1500 with a purpose-built cartridge like .338 Lapua.

Video games tend to understate a weapon's effective range by a considerable amount for balancing purposes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    no it's not. From what I can tell it was a .357 Magnum revolver. 165 yards at a man-sized target is an easy shot with any gun. It starts getting hard with handguns at around 150 yards, and magnum handguns at closer to 190. With rifles, 400 is generally where it starts to get hard to hit with an intermediate cartridge like 5.56x45, 800 with high power cartridges like .270 Winchester, and 1500 with a purpose-built cartridge like .338 Lapua.

Video games tend to understate a weapon's effective range by a considerable amount for balancing purposes.
    Are you fucking kidding?

it is NOT easy to hit a target accurately at 165 yards with a pistol. Not to mention under duress and shooting at what is probably a mobile target.

Please post a video of your operator self oh so easily pegging targets at 190 yards with a fucking revolver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #60
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Are you fucking kidding?

it is NOT easy to hit a target accurately at 165 yards with a pistol. Not to mention under duress and shooting at what is probably a mobile target.

Please post a video of your operator self oh so easily pegging targets at 190 yards with a fucking revolver.
    I'll get that set up later. I'll be running a good old .38 Spl too (it's the only revolver I've got, everything else is semi-auto), so I won't have the advantage the guy had with his magnum cartridges.

21. Post #61
    December 2009
    1,537 Posts

uhhh

It's a difficult shot, yes, but not impossible for a skilled enough shooter. Especially if he was using a supported position.

Edited:

Why the fuck would you doubt he used a handgun, anyway? He said himself that he was using one.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,760 Posts
    hi please don't comment on things if your only 'knowledge' of them comes from hearsay, action movies, and games

thanks in advance,

a rifle owner

Edited:

or you could be a really bad shot i guess, either way i'm not great and 165 is pretty much nothing

23. Post #63
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    hi please don't comment on things if your only 'knowledge' of them comes from hearsay, action movies, and games

thanks in advance,

a rifle owner

Edited:

or you could be a really bad shot i guess, either way i'm not great and 165 is pretty much nothing
    In real life though, on a human target? That's still nothing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    April 2010
    3,905 Posts
    Early, Texas? I live in the town right next to it.

I wonder why I haven't heard about this from local sources yet.

25. Post #65
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,972 Posts
    no it happened in Late, Texas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Really lucky shot.

27. Post #67
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

28. Post #68
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    Ah, that's where Otis retired and went to after so many years after the Black Mesa incident.

29. Post #69
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,356 Posts
    I did not expect a discussion about Animals in this thread, facepunch surprises me everyday .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,929 Posts
    Not hard to comprehend, hard to justify why one would put human death and animal death on the same level.
    Because they are seemingly conscious beings (depending on how arrogantly you define consciousness) which suffered probably horribly as they died, in confusion and want of their safety and the safety of the family they were a part of. Dogs are socially intelligent, highly protective animals and I don't doubt the last moments of a dying, wounded dog are terrifying and cold, just like they often are for a human.

They are victims. Get of your pedastle, homo sapien. You're just an animal like the rest of us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #71
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,499 Posts
    Typical gun control advocate posters never showed up
    There's nothing within this article they could use as points for their case.

While something like this may be one-in-a-septillion or whatever, if they tried to argue for it, instead of the "debate" (read: shit flinging contest) you usually get, they'd get enough dumb ratings each to fill Lake Michigan and a ton of "dude no fuck you for bringing that up". And they seem to be smart enough not to bother.

32. Post #72
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    In real life though, on a human target? That's still nothing?
    A man makes a very large and ready to hit target.

33. Post #73
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,481 Posts
    Because they are seemingly conscious beings (depending on how arrogantly you define consciousness) which suffered probably horribly as they died, in confusion and want of their safety and the safety of the family they were a part of. Dogs are socially intelligent, highly protective animals and I don't doubt the last moments of a dying, wounded dog are terrifying and cold, just like they often are for a human.

They are victims. Get of your pedastle, homo sapien. You're just an animal like the rest of us.
    Thank you.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,332 Posts
    I can't wait for the usual gun critics to not post in this thread at all
    hello

Edited:

sorry what was the murderer firing at the police officer with again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    There are some pretty skilled shooters out there, you know...

Besides, I doubt this guy was just strolling around with a rifle. It had to be a handg-
    Texas
    Nevermind, carry on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    We still don't know if the criminal got his weapon at a gun shop after filing a 4473 and going through the background check, or just bought it from another bad guy off the street, thus evading any eventual form of gun control.

So shut up until this information is revealed.

37. Post #77
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    What are you on about, guns are only used for mass murder!
    haha epic win because thats exactly what the anti-gun people say in anti-gun threads LOL!!!! for the win dude...

love how gun nuts come out of the woodwork to preemptively defend their moronic obsession with guns lmao

Edited:

hello

Edited:

but dont you see? 1/99999999999999 cases of gun use are to save police officers! cant you stupid libs understand that the reward greatly outweighs the risk??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,590 Posts
    but dont you see? 1/99999999999999 cases of gun use are to save police officers! cant you stupid libs understand that the reward greatly outweighs the risk??
    Actually the cases of lawful use outweight the crimes 5 to 1, and that's only counting civilians, not cops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    693 Posts
    haha epic win because thats exactly what the anti-gun people say in anti-gun threads LOL!!!! for the win dude...

love how gun nuts come out of the woodwork to preemptively defend their moronic obsession with guns lmao

Edited:

you're really bad at ironic and satirical posting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,332 Posts
    We still don't know if the criminal got his weapon at a gun shop after filing a 4473 and going through the background check, or just bought it from another bad guy off the street, thus evading any eventual form of gun control.

So shut up until this information is revealed.
    He owned multiple guns so I'm guessing its the former

Not that it matters