1. Post #201
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I find a problem with the fact that she would frame a picture of bush, more than whether she's a republican. I like obama but I don't have a framed picture of him.

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,224 Posts
    Damn bro, dodged a bullet there... Can't be letting bitches eat what they like, that's dangerous!!!
    no she's there because she supports an agenda that discriminates against a group of people

sounds like a perfect reason to not date a girl

Edited:

i bought some ice cream from them today
    it was relatively empty.

their ice cream is pretty awesome, guys
    thank you for your comment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,354 Posts
    i bought some ice cream from them today
    it was relatively empty.

their ice cream is pretty awesome, guys
    homophobe

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,430 Posts
    considering the tradition is the same as all the other hateful traditions, yes.

you always could.
    Publicly?

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    Publicly?
    yeah

6. Post #206
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Damn bro, dodged a bullet there... Can't be letting bitches eat what they like, that's dangerous!!!
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know what yesterday was.

Turns out it people were going to Chick-Fil-A to support the company's views on marriage.

Look, I have nothing against my girlfriend having different points of view or disagreeing with me. If I wanted someone to agree with everything that I said, I'd go fuck my bathroom mirror. It's a dealbreaker because it's such an extreme contrast to what I believe in. If she believes in "traditional values," then it is a relationship that will never work out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    ♥ Futashy is best pone ♥
    April 2010
    743 Posts
    i bet they made a killing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    no if you do that you're a cunt
    it's easy to harp about freedom when it's not happening to you
    thisispain, posting a gendered insult?

alert the mods, someone has hijacked his account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts

i was given permission by the LGBT community to post gendered insults
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts

Cunt is not a gendered insult what country do you come from
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Publicly?
    Yeah dude.

Christianity was pretty fucking reviled throughout all of US History up until the Red Scare and the religious revival. All this "tradition" Christians talk about, did you ever notice it only dates back to like the fucking 50's? Ever wonder why they never talk about returning to traditions prior to the 1950's? It's because nobody fucking listened to them before then.

Pretty much all of our founding fathers hated the religion openly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    are you serious

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,430 Posts
    Yeah dude.

Christianity was pretty fucking reviled throughout all of US History up until the Red Scare and the religious revival. All this "tradition" Christians talk about, did you ever notice it only dates back to like the fucking 50's?

I just wish more people wouldn't blindly support and follow 'Traditional Christian Values' because it makes them look like a better Christian.

14. Post #214
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Cunt is not a gendered insult what country do you come from
    seatbelts, everyone.

15. Post #215
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 4Zing Zing x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    This has probably already been stated but I'm just gonna post my opinion.

If you give money to Chick-Fil-A with full knowledge of the fact that they give funds to organizations that lobby for the death penalty of homosexuals, whether you do it out of homophobia or just from the apathy of considering your precious chicken sandwich to be more important than the well-being of others then you are a pathetic human being.

17. Post #217
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    seatbelts, everyone.
    Cunt is a bit of a grey area I think. It's not like Bitch or slut which is clearly gendered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    i like how the baconator got rated winner and zing how lame do you have to be to do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

19. Post #219
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Yeah dude.

Christianity was pretty fucking reviled throughout all of US History up until the Red Scare and the religious revival. All this "tradition" Christians talk about, did you ever notice it only dates back to like the fucking 50's? Ever wonder why they never talk about returning to traditions prior to the 1950's? It's because nobody fucking listened to them before then.

the first immigrants were technically christians, and onward. The only thing that the forefathers disliked, as well as the first colonists, was organized religion via the church of england

so called christian tradition is rooted in the 50s as well as mormon ideals but you are completely wrong about Christianity being "reviled" by nearly all definitions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    the first immigrants were technically christians, and onward. The only thing that the forefathers disliked, as well as the first colonists, was organized religion via the church of england

so called christian tradition is rooted in the 50s as well as mormon ideals but you are completely wrong about Christianity being "reviled" by nearly all definitions
    The term Christian didn't really exist until the 50s though.
    It was the Lutherans vs the Baptists vs the Pentecostals vs the Methodists, and they all hated the Catholics.

21. Post #221
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    what the fuck do you mean it "didn't exist?" Evangelicals may have hijacked it but it certainly existed.
    And all of those sects fall under the definition of Christian, so...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts

Uhh, no the first immigrants weren't technically "christians."

The Puritans came AFTER the initial exploration of the continent.

Furthermore, there's this like three-century long gap between when America was settled and when it became America.

And no, they hated the Christian religion in general.

"This would be the best of all possible worlds were no religion in it."
    -John Adams.

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on Man."
    -Thomas Jefferson.

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved - the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"
    -Thomas Jefferson.

"I have found Christian Dogma unintelligible."
    -Benjamin Franklin.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
    -Thomas Paine.

"Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing and ought most to be depreciated."
    -George Washington.

They had a bigger problem than the church of fucking England. They were hardline atheists in an age where atheists were put on the stake.

Edited:

The term Christian didn't really exist until the 50s though.
    Yes it did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #223
    May 2007
    1,993 Posts
    Can anyone provide a legit source that links Chick-Fil-A to Uganda's "kill the gays" bill or to lynch mobs? A quick search on the topic actually led me straight back here. I mean, the FRC being classified as a hate group is good enough reason to boycott them, but if there's evidence to back up the other claims I'll spread it around.

Also, FRC claims they simply wanted the house to condemn "kill the gays" without supporting it as a human right. That's still terrible, but if you spread around that they were lobbying to support KTG when they weren't then it makes the cause look bad.

24. Post #224
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts
    Cunt is a bit of a grey area I think. It's not like Bitch or slut which is clearly gendered.
    http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Can anyone provide a legit source that links Chick-Fil-A to Uganda's "kill the gays" bill or to lynch mobs? A quick search on the topic actually led me straight back here. I mean, the FRC being classified as a hate group is good enough reason to boycott them, but if there's evidence to back up the other claims I'll spread it around.

Also, FRC claims they simply wanted the house to condemn "kill the gays" without supporting it as a human right. That's still terrible, but if you spread around that they were lobbying to support KTG when they weren't then it makes the cause look bad.
    It's not the Family Research Council, it's Exodus International.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    what the fuck do you mean it "didn't exist?" Evangelicals may have hijacked it but it certainly existed.
    And all of those sects fall under the definition of Christian, so...?
    he means that before the 50s no one said, "I'm a christian"

they said, "I'm of X denomination"

Also every denomination hated each other. It changed when they realized that by grouping themselves together under the armchair term christian they had more bargaining power.

27. Post #227
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Uhh, no the first immigrants weren't technically "christians."

The Puritans came AFTER the initial exploration of the continent.

Furthermore, there's this like three-century long gap between when America was settled and when it became America.

And no, they hated the Christian religion in general.

"This would be the best of all possible worlds were no religion in it."
    -John Adams.

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on Man."
    -Thomas Jefferson."

"I have found Christian Dogma unintelligible."
    -Benjamin Franklin.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
    -Thomas Paine

"Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing and ought most to be depreciated."
    -George Washington.

They had a bigger problem than the church of fucking England. They were hardline atheists in an age where atheists were put on the stake.

Edited:

Yes it did.
    if you take the quotes out of context it's easy to say that, but even within the quotes, if you just think about it, they (for the most part) are clearly referring to organized religion, and they were all Christians themselves.

in reference to john adams, the most outspoken of the group you've quoted

"He recognized the abuses, large and small, that religious belief lends itself to, but he also believed that religion could be a force for good in individual lives and in society at large. His extensive reading (especially in the classics), led him to believe that this view applied not only to Christianity, but to all religions."

Edited:

he means that before the 50s no one said, "I'm a christian"

they said, "I'm of X denomination"

Also every denomination hated each other. It changed when they realized that by grouping themselves together under the armchair term christian they had more bargaining power.
    that doesn't make them not christian though lol

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    Yes it did.
    I meant it wasn't a unifying term like it is today.
    Like I said, people identified themselves by their sect.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    oh, so that's why it was so busy when i went there, holy shit
    if i had known i wouldn't have gone, too many people

30. Post #230
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    if you take the quotes out of context it's easy to say that, but even within the quotes, if you just think about it, they (for the most part) are clearly referring to organized religion, and they were all Christians themselves.

in reference to john adams, the most outspoken of the group you've quoted

"He recognized the abuses, large and small, that religious belief lends itself to, but he also believed that religion could be a force for good in individual lives and in society at large. His extensive reading (especially in the classics), led him to believe that this view applied not only to Christianity, but to all religions."
    Thanks for quoting Frederick J. Azbell's book but I don't see how it's fucking relevant. Adams said none of those words.

A dude who starts his book with three giant quotations from himfuckingself no less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    oh, so that's why it was so busy when i went there, holy shit
    if i had known i wouldn't have gone, too many people
    If you had known that they give funds to support the death penalty for gays your wouldn't have gone.

Unless you're an asshole.

32. Post #232
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Thanks for quoting Frederick J. Azbell's book but I don't see how it's fucking relevant. Adams said none of those words.

A dude who starts his book with three giant quotations from himfuckingself no less.
    he was a christian that's all I'm saying lol. are you going to deny that? Do you think that Azbell is the only one that thinks this was Adam's mindset?

33. Post #233
    ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽
    March 2010
    7,933 Posts
    you are funding hate groups. if you acknowledge that and you still give them money, you are a homophobe
    rofl @ the agree's at this

im bisexual, and i don't give a fuck. I just want food.

Edited:

that makes me homophobe, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts

Edited:

you're a homophobic bisexual, congratulations I guess?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    March 2010
    7,933 Posts
    you're a homophobic bisexual, congratulations I guess?
    lol. wat

you're living up to your title huh

36. Post #236
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    he was a christian that's all I'm saying lol.
    Not by any modern definition he wasn't.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts

Edited:

It makes you an apathetic asshole. They fund the death penalty for gays and you decide that your processed chicken is more important than not giving money to the FRC.

In a way you might as well be a homophobe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #238
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts

Edited:

lol being bisexual doesn't mean you can't be a homophobe. Bisexuality is the new metrosexuality. Doesn't mean shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    March 2010
    7,933 Posts
    It makes you an apathetic asshole. They fund the death penalty for gays and you decide that your processed chicken is more important than not giving money to the FRC.

In a way you might as well be a homophobe.
    im more of an asshole. Because I don't care. But calling someone a homophobe for not caring is wrong.

lol being bisexual doesn't mean you can't be a homophobe. Bisexuality is the new metrosexuality. Doesn't mean shit.
    PRETTY SURE I'd know if I was homophobic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,403 Posts
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know what yesterday was.

Turns out it people were going to Chick-Fil-A to support the company's views on marriage.

Look, I have nothing against my girlfriend having different points of view or disagreeing with me. If I wanted someone to agree with everything that I said, I'd go fuck my bathroom mirror. It's a dealbreaker because it's such an extreme contrast to what I believe in. If she believes in "traditional values," then it is a relationship that will never work out.
    Plus, she'd probably make you wait until marriage, and even then only have sex for the purpose of procreation. You know, like it says in the bible. I mean, hating homos is a lot easier than never fornicating, but surely nobody would be so hypocritical to use their religion to judge people while themselves only following it where convenient, right?