1. Post #121
    March 2009
    2,035 Posts
    I was just a little curious if it would be possible or even likely to already be saving for a legendary weapon before you even maxed out your level.

Edited:

Hmm, what a terrible page king.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    meh. I was waiting for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    I'll help you out, PK.

Omahgawsh so beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I was just a little curious if it would be possible or even likely to already be saving for a legendary weapon before you even maxed out your level.
    Hmm, what a terrible page king.
    Saving for the legendary is going to take leveling past 80, or WvW skill points if they're repeatable, no matter what.
    Even if you got the bare minimum of skills and the cheapest elite skill.

I have a strong feeling that the 4th unknown ingredient that legendaries require is going to be an exotic weapon that requires the eldritch scroll (50 skill points) to craft. Making it 250 skill points. That's my theory.

I can only weep for the people that want every legendary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    The Mystic Forge

This strange object holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer him the proper gifts, he will create new items for you.
    There are two ways to craft items using the Mystic Forge.
    1. By offering four random items of the same type (quality)
    2. By offering specific items that can be considered as recipes

You can place Weapons, Armor, Trophies and mini-pets.

Something to note is that, "there are clues hidden around the world and in items for what combinations might work".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    March 2009
    2,035 Posts
    Saving for the legendary is going to take leveling past 80, or WvW skill points if they're repeatable, no matter what.
    Even if you got the bare minimum of skills and the cheapest elite skill.

I have a strong feeling that the 4th unknown ingredient that legendaries require is going to be an exotic weapon that requires the eldritch scroll (50 skill points) to craft. Making it 250 skill points. That's my theory.

I can only weep for the people that want every legendary.
    I hope there's a really disappointing reward for getting all the legendary weapons. More so if I'm there to witness someone getting it because I could not stop laughing my ass off when I saw my buddy finish getting all the bobble heads in Fallout 3 just to be rewarded with shitty little fireworks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Also about the mystic forge, if you place 4 mini-pets in it (of the same rarity), you have a really high chance of getting a rare pet.

TF2 is to hats as GW2 is to mini-pets. Legendary weapons are the unusuals.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #128
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    I hope there's a really disappointing reward for getting all the legendary weapons. More so if I'm there to witness someone getting it because I could not stop laughing my ass off when I saw my buddy finish getting all the bobble heads in Fallout 3 just to be rewarded with shitty little fireworks.
    Server-wide "Whisper _______ because he has nothing better to do!" message
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Also about the mystic forge, if you place 4 mini-pets in it (of the same rarity), you have a really high chance of getting a rare pet.
    How high is "really high"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    I'll help you out, PK.

Omahgawsh so beautiful.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    I believe you get at least a 10% chance increase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Using four common Dyes or Mini-pets, has a chance to create a higher level Rarity of dye/mini-pet.
    When I tried it, I got the same quality mini-pet back...so I pretty much wasted my chance. I would suggest doing this only if you have extra's and they aren't risking anything.

13. Post #133
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I believe you get at least a 10% chance increase.
    I dunno what the base chance is, but I don't really like those odds. The end product has to be 4x more valuable than each of its parts for it to be worth it.

For dyes it is a bit different, because chefs can manufacture dyes.

14. Post #134
    I don't know what the base chance is, but a 1/10th chance for hoping that the end product is 4x more valuable than the parts that it's made of. Dunno if I like those odds.
    It's really only for the extreme completionists out there. Kinda like Legendary Weapons, it's only to show off.

15. Post #135
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Minipet collecting definitely will be more popular now that the game has the collectible section of the bank.

16. Post #136
    Minipet collecting definitely will be more popular now that the game has the collectible section of the bank.
    "Gotta catch 'em all!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,017 Posts

A friend gifted me a harpy one during BWE3, they're pretty cool. I can't see myself going to great lengths to collect them though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    A friend gifted me a harpy one during BWE3, they're pretty cool. I can't see myself going to great lengths to collect them though.
    In that image, the Asura is the minipet :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I am in love with the little golem minipets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    477 Posts
    I'm thinking of making a warrior, any comments?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #142
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I hear that hammers are lots of fun. Otherwise, I never played them

23. Post #143
    Be prepared to be yelled at for being OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I'd love to be a part of the Facepunch guild but I'm hopefully going to be leading my circle of friends' guild/community. Which is great and all, but I'd also love to be a part of the FP guild. :(

Every minute I think about this game my panties get a little wetter.

25. Post #145
    I'd also love to be a part of the FP guild. :(
    You'll always be a member in our hearts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,764 Posts
    I hear that hammers are lots of fun. Otherwise, I never played them
    i tried hammers for a bit, didn't really care for it. damage output was really lackluster compared to the explosive effects it gave off

Edited:

I'd love to be a part of the Facepunch guild but I'm hopefully going to be leading my circle of friends' guild/community. Which is great and all, but I'd also love to be a part of the FP guild. :(

just guest on their server and sub in the guild

that's what i plan on doing at least

27. Post #147
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    You can be in multiple guilds, so you can chill with us if for some reason you need a break from the other community.
    Hopefully they will add the ability to chat with multiple guilds without changing which you are representing. Lots of people are asking for it, I don't even get why it isn't in by default. There's almost no point in having multiple guilds when you only chat with the one you're currently representing.

28. Post #148
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts
    Whats the fastest way to get 1 silver in gw2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #149
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Normal questing, most likely. Or selling gems if you have them

30. Post #150
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    You can be in multiple guilds, so you can chill with us if for some reason you need a break from the other community.
    Hopefully they will add the ability to chat with multiple guilds without changing which you are representing. Lots of people are asking for it, I don't even get why it isn't in by default. There's almost no point in having multiple guilds when you only chat with the one you're currently representing.
    Yeah I'll definitely chill with you guys when I get the chance, or if my friends somehow Jew me out (which is always a possibility, given that they always say I'm a terrible leader even though I'm the only one that actually devotes time to improving our guilds/whatever in the past).

31. Post #151
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts
    Can you sell gems to merchants?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Can you sell gems to merchants?
    "Gems may be bought with real-world money and spent to get convenience items, account services, or decorative items. Like in-game items, they can be traded to other players for coin at the Trading Post. "

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts
    So I'll guess it will be faster to do some quests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    So I'll guess it will be faster to do some quests.
    Well remember you can turn gems into Gold. So if you have spare money, then buy gems and turn 'em into gold. If you don't have spare money, just go questing.

35. Post #155
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    The easiest way to make quick money is to do the personal quest and some events on your way to the location. Once you gather the rewards from them and sell/salvage the items you obtained you should a decent amount of starting money.

36. Post #156
    March 2009
    2,035 Posts
    Silver is a really low currency quantity so you can get it really quick just by questing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    November 2009
    1,477 Posts
    Well the other picture was accepted nicely so heres another

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    intelligent asuran who don’t need no bookah
    April 2010
    927 Posts
    Only just got on FP and woo, new thread!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,808 Posts
    The easiest way to make quick money is to do the personal quest and some events on your way to the location. Once you gather the rewards from them and sell/salvage the items you obtained you should a decent amount of starting money.
    Sell a ton of copper ore.

40. Post #160
    Sell a ton of copper ore.
    At the beginning, it's really gonna be easy money for those who put their crafting materials up on the trading post the fastest.