1. Post #81
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    ahh found my screenshot of my bank tab. The Perfect Salvage Kit is below the Mystic Chest:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,432 Posts
    ahh found my screenshot of my bank tab. The Perfect Salvage Kit is below the Mystic Chest:

I think thats what I had, I recognise the icon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts

Hanging with Hacks (winner) and lance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    January 2010
    859 Posts
    Does any Eurobro here know if the shop will accept paysafecards?
    I don't like the idea of using a credit card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Does any Eurobro here know if the shop will accept paysafecards?
    I don't like the idea of using a credit card.
    Also takes paypal, if you have one of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts

7. Post #87
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,452 Posts

Hanging with Hacks (winner) and lance.
    (and me)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    January 2012
    1,825 Posts
    I did a search for information regarding the whole region lock thing, and it says they are looking for a solution for people who travel. Hopefully they find a nice one. I don't mind potentially buying a new copy, because I'll get six months of use out of it, but at the same time, I'll have no access to NA characters, and when I move back to the states I'll lose my EU characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Things I really want to know/try on release:
    -/dance
    -How much influence Tome of Influence gives
    -How much glory Chalice of Glory gives
    -Try out Hall of Monuments stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    There really isn't anything I would like to try at launch. I have plans on what I'll be doing the second of launch.

1. Create all five of my characters
    2. Play my main in Caledon Forest until I complete it 100%
    3. Travel to Divinity's Reach to sell, trade and store items
    4. Travel to L.A. and unlock some waypoints
    5. Move on to Metrica Province
    6. Ascalon Dungeon the instant I hit level 30 (complete Plains of Ashford while I'm LFG)
    7. Return to town again
    8. Play some WvWvW if I can get in (hopefully it has calmed down by now)
    9. Mess around with crafting for a bit
    10. Return to exploring the area's and gathering achievements

That's pretty much what i'll be doing.

11. Post #91
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,432 Posts
    1. Make main character
    2. Play the fuck out of everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    It is my goal to be one of the first to make a Legendary weapon in the game. Hopefully the dagger...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    That's surely something to work towards!

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,452 Posts
    Things I really want to know/try on release:
    -/dance
    -How much influence Tome of Influence gives
    -How much glory Chalice of Glory gives
    -Try out Hall of Monuments stuff
    Have they told us how we access or HoM stuff in GW2 yet? Like do we have to get to the hall in GW2 to unlock our stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    The legendary weapon I want to make is called the Kudzu and it's the Longbow.

(Image from reddit)

It requires the following items to create:

Gift of Nature

250X Ancient Wood Logs
    250X Hardened Leather Sections
    250X Rare Flowers
    250X Omnomberry
    10 Gold

Gift of Wood

250X Elder Wood Logs
    250X Hard Wood Logs
    250X Ancient Wood Logs
    250X Seasoned Wood Logs
    10 GOld

Bloodstone Shard

200 Gems

and one Exotic Weapon (specific or not?)

Edited:

Have they told us how we access or HoM stuff in GW2 yet? Like do we have to get to the hall in GW2 to unlock our stuff?
    If I remember correctly, they said that it was a person you spoke to who gave you the items. I could be wrong.

16. Post #96
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    It is my goal to be one of the first to make a Legendary weapon in the game. Hopefully the dagger...
    I don't mean to ruin your hopes, but there are people that made 500-600 gold in BWE3 alone. The people who can play the auction house like that are the ones who will have the first legendaries.

Also,
    1. Make Asuran Necromancer
    2. /dance
    3. Sell gems and start FP guild
    4. Invite 30 people (max allowed invites at a time)
    5. Go create other characters

17. Post #97
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    I don't mean to ruin your hopes, but there are people that made 500-600 gold in BWE3 alone. They are going to be the ones who can afford to make the first legendaries.

Also,
    1. Make Asuran Necromancer
    2. /dance
    3. Sell gems and start FP guild
    4. Invite 30 people (max allowed invites at a time)
    5. Go create other characters
    You want me to help with the invites?

18. Post #98
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    You want me to help with the invites?
    Yes, but it's per guild not per person - so if I invite 30 people, you can't invite any more until people start accepting invites.

19. Post #99
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    To obtain these rewards, a player must first "declare an ancestor" using a Guild Wars 2 in-game item. This allows the player to link their GW1 account to their GW2 account.

Then, the player must visit an NPC in the GW2 Hall of Monuments, which can be reached from one's home instance. The NPC can then generate as many of the items as often as the player would like.

Rewards and the titles earned via the Hall of Monuments are available to all characters in the player's Guild Wars 2 account. Each GW1 account can be linked to only one GW2 account and vice-versa.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

20. Post #100
    March 2009
    2,139 Posts
    Someone needs to make Funion the bow that shoots rainbows. That is provided he doesn't make or buy it himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Edited:

ninja'd sorry

Edited:

Someone needs to make Funion the bow that shoots rainbows. That is provided he doesn't make or buy it himself.
    Legendary items are going to be soulbound because they're made in the Mystic Forge.

22. Post #102
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    How did I not think of this when I saw the bow.
    This needs to happen.

23. Post #103
    I don't mean to ruin your hopes, but there are people that made 500-600 gold in BWE3 alone. The people who can play the auction house like that are the ones who will have the first legendaries.
    Fine. My new goal is to get a Legendary weapon. Period.

And Bullet, where did you get the data to show what is needed for each "Gift Of" recipe? Did you just go in-game and buy it?

24. Post #104
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Oh wow, the Black Moa has the same skills as the Flamingo

Edited:

And Bullet, where did you get the data to show what is needed for each "Gift Of" recipe? Did you just go in-game and buy it?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...the_legendary/

25. Post #105
    Thanks mate. Now my only worry is knowing which Legendary weapon the Dagger is gonna be...

26. Post #106
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts

The recipes from this video gave me the item names as well as the costs. Using the Reddit post and GW2db google search (thanks to Newbienice) I obtained all the ingredients required.

27. Post #107
    March 2009
    2,139 Posts
    I don't really have any plans for what I'm going to do when I start but it'll probably be something along the lines of:

1. Make all my characters (or at least make placeholders for the names)
    2. Get on my main and work on completing the starting area (this way I won't have a lot of long breaks between my personal story for a bit)
    3. Do a bunch of my personal story
    4. Fuck around a bunch with pvp and other stuff

I'll probably mess around with crafting in there somewhere too.

Edited:

Legendary items are going to be soulbound because they're made in the Mystic Forge.
    Then everyone needs to help gather the materials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    PS, guys. If you create a character, for example named Bob, and you delete Bob, the name Bob is linked to your account for 24 hours. In that period, no one else can make a character named Bob except you.
    Just in case you really wanted a name, but didn't want to risk losing it by taking a bunch of time on character creation. You could create the default, and then once it is made, delete the character and actually take time on creating it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Also, after spending 200 skill points on a Legendary, do you gain them back, or are they gone forever?

30. Post #110
    March 2009
    2,139 Posts
    PS, guys. If you create a character, for example named Bob, and you delete Bob, the name Bob is linked to your account for 24 hours. In that period, no one else can make a character named Bob except you.
    Just in case you really wanted a name, but didn't want to risk losing it by taking a bunch of time on character creation. You could create the default, and then once it is made, delete the character and actually take time on creating it.
    Yeah, that's a really nice feature.

Edited:

Also, after spending 200 skill points on a Legendary, do you gain them back, or are they gone forever?
    My bet is that they'd be gone forever otherwise it wouldn't be that big of a price to pay.

31. Post #111
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    The ones you spent are gone, but you can earn them back.
    Every 'level' you earn past 80 gives you a skill point, but doesn't make your level go up.

32. Post #112
    March 2009
    2,139 Posts
    The ones you spent are gone, but you can earn them back.
    Every 'level' you earn past 80 gives you a skill point, but doesn't make your level go up.
    So just like GW.

33. Post #113
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Yes. WvWvW skill challenges also might be repeatable each week, it's rumored.

34. Post #114
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    I'm sure there are other methods of obtaining skill points as well.

35. Post #115
    March 2009
    2,139 Posts
    Provided you're doing at least some of the skill challenges on the map how likely do you think it would be to have all your skills unlocked before level 80?

36. Post #116
    January 2011
    2,301 Posts
    For those who want to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 a little cheaper.
    Use this instead

http://www.pcgamer.com/sponsored/get...e-to-pc-gamer/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Provided you're doing at least some of the skill challenges on the map how likely do you think it would be to have all your skills unlocked before level 80?
    Well in the most recent stress test, people said they saw 199 Skill challenges in total.

This means if you don't wanna do all of the skill challenges, you do most of them and save up your "leveling" skill points if you wanna get it before 80. But then there's the factor of all the craft materials you get, and how those give you XP. So it's pretty difficult to get it before 80. Plus all the gold you gotta get to even get CLOSE to one.

38. Post #118
    January 2012
    1,825 Posts
    I really like reading and posting in this thread but it's not making me any more patient for release.

39. Post #119
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    I looked at elementalist, and for now lets theorize that every class has the same amount of utilities.
    Fully unlocking ele would be 114 + racial skills.
    You get 75 skill points for leveling to 80.

You'd have to do a reasonable amount of challenges, and probably go to more maps than a normal leveling path. Like visiting several of the starting areas.

Edited:
    Actually, racial skills are another 60-70 or so. It's unlikely.

Without getting every Elite, it becomes much more likely.

40. Post #120
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    1 skill point is earned for each of the following:

-Completing a skill challenge
    -Leveling up, starting at level 5
    -Past level 80, earning a certain amount of experience