1. Post #161
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts

These always interest me. Curious what others there are!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    So I'll guess it will be faster to do some quests.
    If you have gems, you can sell them to the game, it's a little like selling to a merchant. What he meant was that the prices of gems are decided by what players are buying them for.

Edited:

I want to know what that is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    I can imagine it being a flag they place anywhere in the world and you have to go hunt it down before time runs out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I can imagine it being a flag they place anywhere in the world and you have to go hunt it down before time runs out.
    "They"? Players are going to be the ones buying it, so I can only imagine that it's only useful for like player made contests.

Unless it has some kind of mechanic for itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Well then you gotta wonder: You're buying this with Gems. It'd have to be a pretty substaintial reward for finding this flag. If it's just for fun, it seems like a waste of money, other than for contests/races.

6. Post #166
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Well then you gotta wonder: You're buying this with Gems. It'd have to be a pretty substaintial reward for finding this flag. If it's just for fun, it seems like a waste of money, other than for contests/races.
    20 gems = about 25 cents. Not too much, reward is probably equally small.

7. Post #167
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    'They' as in that all-powerful being that controls everything in the game. In other words, the A.I. (?)

Looking at the image, maybe it's some sort of survival challenge using some CTF functions?

Edited:

20 gems = about 25 cents. Not too much, reward is probably equally small.
    "are you man enough" makes me think otherwise. Considering it's low price that players may have a hard time completing it and don't feel too bad about purchasing another one.

8. Post #168
    I think I'm gonna go with Newbie on this one. It's probably just:

Player 1 sets up flag somewhere.

Other players try and go find it.

First one to find it wins.

9. Post #169
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I didn't even think about it being something that challenged the player who used it. I was thinking that the player put it down and it challenged other people, but that makes less sense.

Edited:

I guess this is just another thing we have to wait to find out.

10. Post #170
    January 2012
    1,801 Posts
    At the beginning, it's really gonna be easy money for those who put their crafting materials up on the trading post the fastest.
    I've considered rushing forward on a resource harvesting spree at first to get a starting batch of money, but I'm also excited about doing everything else. It's really hard to decide what I'll want to do most.

11. Post #171
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Why would it state, "are you man enough" if it was to challenge a partner?

But I agree we can only speculate.

12. Post #172
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    But I agree we can only speculate.
    Like I said, it makes less sense.

13. Post #173
    "You" can be a reference to other players. It's all dependent on point-of-view.

God I don't think I've ever been as excited for a game as this one.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,906 Posts
    If you have gems, you can sell them to the game, it's a little like selling to a merchant. What he meant was that the prices of gems are decided by what players are buying them for.

Edited:

I want to know what that is
    During the last BWE you could buy 100 gems for I think 56 silver, but that price will vary, which is nice. Gives us a money sink that'll actually be worth it

15. Post #175
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    The price will alter by how greedy the community becomes, chances are it'll fluxuate for a few days after launch and then steadily increase as the community grows and the store expands.

Personally i'll be investing the first few days in-game gold to purchasing gems whilst their probably at the cheapest.

Prime example of this would be spiral knights energy system that instantly quadrupled in value after hitting steam and the playerbase grew, it happened again when steam trading was integrated.

Anyone that intends to sell gems should write down the amount they sell for at different times in the week, it wouldn't surprise me if they become slightly more expensive at the weekend due to the change in demand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Who else is excited for the new Sea of Sorrows book, written by Ree Soesbee?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,440 Posts
    I mean in runescape there was a building where you could pay ingame gold to host a drop party for friends/clan mates/random people on the street, so this may be a similar system to stream line player made events. Maybe you buy a flag, then you can place whatever loot you want to give away under it, plant it, then give your friends hints on where to find it.

18. Post #178
    No matter how much I've gotten into the lore of a game, I just can't seem to bring myself to read the books. I don't know why. I guess they just don't give me the same feeling as actually playing my story.

19. Post #179
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    No matter how much I've gotten into the lore of a game, I just can't seem to bring myself to read the books. I don't know why. I guess they just don't give me the same feeling as actually playing my story.
    Try reading them on a cell phone or a tablet. Makes it much better than from a book.

20. Post #180
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    It doesn't help that the authors usually aren't that good.

As long as it's more like Ghosts of Ascalon and not like Edge of Destiny

21. Post #181
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Suspected release date the end of this year!

22. Post #182
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Pff, I'll be too busy playing GW2 to read about GW2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,950 Posts
    Who else here will be buying three extra character slots right at the start? I know I will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Who else here will be buying three extra character slots right at the start? I know I will.
    I'll probably wait till they go on a discount. I don't really care about the other three character names as I won't really play them until I'm bored of the five I have (which won't be for awhile)...

I'll be purchasing as many bank tabs and bag slots I can.

25. Post #185
    Seriously. If I wanted to read lore, I'd just read it online (or play it in-game). No need to buy the book.

We start out with 5 slots, correct? I don't think I'll ever need more than 5 slots. So I'm gonna focus on bank and bag slots for the time being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    I haven't even finished Ghosts of Ascalon... I'm on the last chapter or close to it. Reading is just not my thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,906 Posts
    The price will alter by how greedy the community becomes, chances are it'll fluxuate for a few days after launch and then steadily increase as the community grows and the store expands.

Personally i'll be investing the first few days in-game gold to purchasing gems whilst their probably at the cheapest.

Prime example of this would be spiral knights energy system that instantly quadrupled in value after hitting steam and the playerbase grew, it happened again when steam trading was integrated.

Anyone that intends to sell gems should write down the amount they sell for at different times in the week, it wouldn't surprise me if they become slightly more expensive at the weekend due to the change in demand.
    Agreed, I'm stockpiling Gems early, and just keeping them for a year or two, then selling them. An actual investment

28. Post #188
    Agreed, I'm stockpiling Gems early, and just keeping them for a year or two, then selling them. An actual investment
    I love GW2's market system. It makes it a hell of a lot less difficult to get what you need, since it only involves a button press to sell most of the time.

29. Post #189
    November 2011
    15 Posts
    Is there a way to change or update your FP guild application form thing? I changed the name on my main, because I'm getting kinda tired of it.

30. Post #190
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Is there a way to change or update your FP guild application form thing? I changed the name on my main, because I'm getting kinda tired of it.
    Yeah just give your information to Newbienice99 and he can fix it for you.

31. Post #191
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    If it's just your character name, that's not too important. Display name (Blah.####) is the most important thing, because that's how I'll add you to the guild.

32. Post #192
    Can anyone confirm the max Guild size?

Also, will we be using TS3 or Vent or what?

33. Post #193
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,050 Posts
    Uh... how do you find out your account number?
    I can't remember it, and I can't exactly log in and find out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Well you can either log into the site or log into the game and it'll show it in the upper right.

35. Post #195
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Can anyone confirm the max Guild size?

Also, will we be using TS3 or Vent or what?

Edited:

We have a mumble, but it's currently used for DayZ but we can create channels for Guild Wars 2.

Edited:

https://account.guildwars2.com/login

36. Post #196
    We have a mumble, but it's currently used for DayZ but we can create channels for Guild Wars 2.
    Server name/address?

37. Post #197
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts

38. Post #198
    Thanks mate.

So what class is everyone gonna be rolling as their main on launch? I'm personally going Thief as my main, and Guardian as my alt.

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,774 Posts
    ENGINEER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Sylvari (female) Ranger