1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,860 Posts
    This thread is about the most amazing game ever (GOTYAY), Hard Time. Hard Time is a freeware game that is loads of fun. You play as a criminal who has committed one of many crimes. The game was made in around three months, so it's not the biggest looker of video games, but it doesn't stop it from being fun, awkward, and overall fucking hilarious. In this game, you wander around jail, just getting by. Or you could just beat the shit out of every warden and prisoner who gives you shit, take a warden's machine gun, and decimate the entire place. The game is sort of permadeath in the respect that once you die, you're dead for good. The more you wander the prison, the more depressed you are. You eventually will go into a criminally depressive rampage, beating anything that gets near you.

But anyway, here's some videos of this awkward but fun mess:

I can't find many videos of it at the moment, so you'll just have to bear with me here. Here's a download link: http://download.cnet.com/Hard-Time/3...-10629141.html

Here's the official site: http://www.mdickie.com/prev_hardtime.htm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Winner Winner x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,227 Posts
    Did that guard's leg come off from a stick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,154 Posts
    holy shit its the same dev as "The You Testament"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    Is Jesus in this game?

Edited:

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING.

5. Post #5
    hey
    August 2006
    5,497 Posts
    blak man floating in the air and shootin straight up blue busters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,634 Posts
    holy shit its the same dev as "The You Testament"
    Instant fucking download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    I was put on trial twice for shooting wardens with a pistol.

I won both cases.

Edited:

Up to this point I have killed three prisoners and one warden. All of which were by gunshot.

I have yet to be confronted about these murders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Holy man, this game looks amazing.

Downloading now!

9. Post #9
    ~ an extraordinary gentleman ~
    December 2006
    1,352 Posts
    The PCGamer article on the game is hilarious, I suggest reading it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2010
    11,030 Posts
    M DICKEY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    I played the game for about 30-40 minutes and I like the design and feel of the game except the controls; I feel that they can mess up how you interact with things sometimes but it's still a decent game!

12. Post #12
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    The wardens sure like to beat the everloving shit out of eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2007
    212 Posts
    I liked the premise for this guy's games but all of them play pretty badly and had the same bland artstyle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    That's the point.

Edited:

You don't play QWOP for it's smooth gameplay and easy objectives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2010
    2,580 Posts
    We need a general MDickie games thread.
    Also, there's a screenshot LP of The You Testament 2 which also has a Hard Time LP in it, if someone wants to see the batshitness of the game in action:http://lparchive.org/The-You-Testament-2/Update%2012/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,027 Posts
    attention! The prison has been targeted for terrorist attack!

Goty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2008
    1,663 Posts
    how do I fucking play

18. Post #18
    July 2009
    1,400 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,860 Posts
    attention! The prison has been targeted for terrorist attack!

Goty
    I ran out there with an assault rifle and a prison riot was going down. Then suddenly everything exploded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Apparently I started some kind of civil war within the prison.

I have a high reputation and a guy tried to extort me for money.

An hour later the intercom announced he was found dead.

Another guy tried beating me up.

An hour later, he was found dead.

Anybody who bullies me gets killed somehow, I'm not doing it, lol.

Apparently its my cell block vs. all cell blocks now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,860 Posts
    That sounds wonderful.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    oh god my entire right arm got cut off by a warden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,860 Posts
    I wish killing were easier. It takes like 40 bullets to kill one guy.

24. Post #24
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I hope there's coop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,543 Posts
    I just hit a guy with a katana.
    He then immediately threatened me for it (presumably so he could kick my ass for slicing him), despite me having 99 strength and a far superior weapon compared to his fists.

Other oddities include:
    An inmate decided to threaten to tell the Warden about my previous murder...while I was in the middle of making them my next victim... Of course, I accepted his offer to save me a trip to court, and then resumed slaughtering him since by that point every other person in the room was dead.

Another inmate walked up to me, and told me to stop being friends with an inmate...the inmate in question being himself. After telling him I would, he turned around, turned back around to face me, and was angry at me for betraying him. I then chopped his arm off.

I attacked a prison guard, and then a nearby inmate ran up to me and said he was going to kill me for attacking the guard (because he was his friend). He then ran up to punch me, completely missed, and hit the guard by accident. He and the guard then fought, with him resulting as the victor. After that he accused me of murdering the same guard I just watched him slay with his bare hands.

Award winning Artificial Intelligence to be sure, rivaling even that of Bethesda's Radiant AI.

Edited:

Jesus christ, the AI is getting worse the longer I play.

A friendly prisoner ran up to me, and said that he heard I had a problem with myself and that he was a friend of me and was going to beat me up for attacking myself.

How does that even fucking work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    23 Posts
    Due to a glitch, I turned into a warden and my own character started bullying me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    Have you ever raged so hard that you suplexed a man's leg off? I have.

28. Post #28
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    For a second I thought I was in General Discussion, and this was a thread for people who had been in jail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2012
    971 Posts
    For a second I thought I was in General Discussion, and this was a thread for people who had been in jail.
    This is a realistic simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

30. Post #30
    Aw damn no windowed mode

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,670 Posts
    I remember starting riots because some warden tried to bully me for being an ass to his friend. The whole block turned into a fucking warzone and I just chilled in my cell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,958 Posts
    Oh fuck my sides.

This shit is so broken it's hilarious....

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Haha my character caught aids or something(he even said something before catching it) while I was in the bathrooms murdering a guy... I later died because I couldn't stop it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,529 Posts
    I present to you... The Chronicles of Toliet Brush-san! (Yeah, I can't spell, whatever.)

Yeah, Galo Sengen.

Brush-san being told his place, of course.

Bunch of people fightin' it out in the background while Brush-san lights up a doobie. 420blaize.

Lil' bitch be crying after I smacked him some.

YOU DARE INSURT GRORIOUS BRUSH-SAN? DING DONG BANNU!

Got a few more screenies but don't wanna stretch the page any further.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,860 Posts

I think I'm ready for prison life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,529 Posts
    Sorry, but I had to do this one, at least.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,948 Posts
    This game is so bad it's god damn hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2012
    971 Posts

I killed three people after that picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,529 Posts

Also guys.

http://www.mdickie.com/cheats_hardtime.htm

Someone make a Facepunch save.

Edited:

I've gone and done it now, look how angry he is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)