1. Post #1
    i love everyone
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,351 Posts

ALPHARETTA, Ga. Employees of a cleaning company made a gruesome discovery Friday night when they found a fully developed fetus inside a freezer.

It was found inside an empty apartment off of Webb Bridge Road in Alpharetta.

"Upon checking the refrigerator freezer they discovered a fetus that had been placed in a shoe box in the freezer," said George Gordon, spokesman for the Alpharetta Police Department. "It is a fully developed fetus."

Neighbors told Channel 2's Eric Philips the people who previously lived in the apartment had just moved out within the last few days.

No one at the complex seemed to know who the baby could have belonged to, but they all told Philips that it was quite disturbing.

"It's just scary because I've never seen anything like that," one neighbor said.

The Alpharetta Police Department continues to investigate the incident.
    Source - WSB-TV ATLANTA: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...retta-freezer/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 30Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    "fully developed fetus..."

How about we avoid the political correctness bullshit and call it as it is, a 'dead baby?'"

Annoyance aside, this is quite tragic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 60Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dolphin Hugger
    April 2010
    1,597 Posts
    inb4 abortion debate

(User was banned for this post ("Meme reply" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,549 Posts
    inb4 abortion debate
    i thought facepunch was pretty unanimous on the abortion topic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 22Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    abortion rocks

osama 2013
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 51Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    No one at the complex seemed to know who the baby could have belonged to, but they all told Philips that it was quite disturbing.
    No shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

7. Post #7
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,456 Posts
    Someone, somewhere is thinking to themselves "Ohh! So that's where I left that!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 15 (list)

8. Post #8
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    How about we avoid the political correctness bullshit
    political correctness?
    no that's called using the correct words, a baby is post-birth, a fetus is pre-birth.

what does that have to do with political correctness?????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    political correctness?
    no that's called using the correct words, a baby is post-birth, a fetus is pre-birth.

what does that have to do with political correctness?????
    Who exactly, in an everyday setting, would use the phrase "fully developed fetus" in a normal sentence? Nobody. you say that if you are trying to avoid angry emails from that tiny minority of people who'd be offended by the term "Dead baby." It's a thinly veiled euphemism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    6,170 Posts
    Who exactly, in an everyday setting, would use the phrase "fully developed fetus" in a normal sentence? Nobody. you say that if you are trying to avoid angry emails from that tiny minority of people who'd be offended by the term "Dead baby." It's a thinly veiled euphemism.
    Well technically, a fully developed fetus could be an aborted fetus from very late in pregnancy. Obviously illegal, and obviously why it was hidden in the first place. So, on a technical level, it isn't a baby if it wasn't "born".

But yeah, it's pretty much a newborn baby in a jar except it was probably aborted very late in pregnancy so that's why it was hidden.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,691 Posts
    yeah but if you call it a dead baby it would be incorrect and that would be bad journalism or something

12. Post #12
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    These sorts of things happen if you restrict a woman's right to have a abortion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    How many times would anyone have to say the term "fully developed fetus"?

Edited:

Calling it a dead baby implies it was murdered, whereas with a fetus it was probably aborted or something.

Though there in lies the argument what have I done.

But by murdered I mean like, aggressively as opposed to a surgery.

14. Post #14
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Who exactly, in an everyday setting, would use the phrase "fully developed fetus" in a normal sentence?
    uh people who have expertise in the medical field? a miscarriage results in a fully developed fetus.
    to say dead baby would be inaccurate. stop bringing up political correctness in situations that don't have anything to do with it. it's dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,431 Posts
    These sorts of things happen if you restrict a woman's right to have a abortion.
    No one even knows the story. Lets not start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,558 Posts
    Someone, somewhere is thinking to themselves "Ohh! So that's where I left that!"
    Ahh fuck, where do I go to collect it? I knew I placed it somewhere! Now, how do I approach these guys and tell them it's mine...

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    311 Posts
    Dr. Fetus? What are you doing in a box?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,025 Posts
    Can we harvest it for stem cells?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    -snip-

20. Post #20
    JXZ
    May 2012
    818 Posts
    Hmmm... Why would a topic about dead babies have a PS3 tag? I'm sure there's no connection. Nope, none at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,307 Posts
    I'm just trying to picture the chain of events that led to this.

Step 1, a woman is pregnant.
    Step 2, one way or another a fully developed fetus emerges.
    Step 3, this is where the story gets hazy. There's a dead fetus(fully developed) and a refrigerator with freezer. At some point it was thought to put the fetus IN the freezer, but it seemed wrong unless the fetus was in a container(probably to prevent freezer burn). So someone looked around for a suitable container and a shoebox won that title. It may have been the shoebox was for a pair of kids' shoes, which made it seem fated to serve this purpose.
    Step 4, forget about what happened in steps 1-3.
    Step 5, move.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,784 Posts
    Only in Georgia, folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,558 Posts
    Hmmm... Why would a topic about dead babies have a PS3 tag? I'm sure there's no connection. Nope, none at all.
    Dead baby got no game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,435 Posts
    Holy dickloving shit I live less than 5 miles from this place!

Edited:

Only in Georgia, folks.
    Yes this happens all of the time, and only in Georgia, nowhere else.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,784 Posts
    Holy dickloving shit I live less than 5 miles from this place!

Edited:

Yes this happens all of the time, and only in Georgia, nowhere else.
    Implying I was being literal about the whole subject and not just JOKING. God forbid anyone on FACEPUNCH of all places JOKES about a fully developed FETUS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,920 Posts
    No shit?
    Someone should have said "it was delightful" just to get a special-mention on the article.