1. Post #1
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    These days you'll be hard-pressed to find Lil Wayne without a skateboard, but could the YMCMB rap champ be hanging up the mic in exchange for the deck? For the time being, yes.
    "It's kinda putting rap on the back burner, that's all. Rap's taking a backseat to skating, that's all," Weezy told DJ Drama when he phoned into his radio show on Atlanta's Hot 107.9 on Wednesday.

"I kinda feel like I deserve that, I feel like the fans deserve a little No Wayne. I've been everywhere, man. I've been out on everybody's song, I'm still on everybody's song," Tunechi continued. "My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."
    Wayne did confirm that his Dedication 4 mixtape with Drama would be dropping in the middle of August, but he didn't elaborate on any of his other expected musical projects. At the top of June, Weezy Wi dropped "My Homies Still," the first single off of I Am Not a Human Being II, which is said to be dropping later this year, though no release date has been set.
    Since he was a teen, Weezy has released music at a dizzying pace, whether solo albums, LPs with his former group the Hot Boys or his plethora of mixtapes, so can you really blame him? "Yeah, it does get pretty boring when it comes to the rapping and that kinda stuff. I've done so much of it," he said. "I've been doin' it since I was 8. I'm about to be 30 in September and I'm still rappin'. So I kinda feel like I'm gettin' old."
    Skating provides a new challenge for the multiplatinum rap star. Tunechi has become so enamored with his board that he even has skating ramps in the microphone booth where he records. "What happened was I picked up the skateboard and it started being a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle," he said. "You have to be fully committed because it's super-scary, and in order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle."
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...-rapping.jhtml
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 304Friendly x 7Funny x 7Late x 7Agree x 2Informative x 2Zing x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,219 Posts
    i actually did not see this coming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 79 (list)

3. Post #3
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,428 Posts
    It's like Bin Laden. Ten more spring up in his place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 94Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Lil Jon was always the best Lil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 72Funny Funny x 6 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2009
    8,933 Posts
    It's like Bin Laden. Ten more spring up in his place.
    I see it as something we've all wanted for a while, and celebrate when it came.

...Even though the person in topic is the one suffering.

Edited:

Would you count Little Richard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2010
    16,187 Posts
    "I kinda feel like I deserve that, I feel like the fans deserve a little No Wayne. I've been everywhere, man. I've been out on everybody's song, I'm still on everybody's song," Tunechi continued. "My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."
    Respect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 85Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    I wonder if he's going to become a Lion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 192Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,202 Posts
    Curiosity lands perfectly and Lil Wayne quits music entirely?

Shit, today was a good day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 61Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Skating provides a new challenge for the multiplatinum rap star
    why has the world let this happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 82Funny Funny x 6 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    683 Posts
    I saw this coming a mile away, he's been on a lot of skating websites lately, and he has been going to lots of places skating with pros.

I don't really care one way or another.

11. Post #11
    April 2007
    1,885 Posts
    good. nothing of value was lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    This hasn't been a bad day after all.

13. Post #13
    December 2009
    1,866 Posts
    I wonder if he's going to become a Lion.
    Lion Wayne
    I can see it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 43 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2008
    1,534 Posts
    rap genocide best day of my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    Lion Wayne
    I can see it now.

Lil Lion Man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 43Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    I'm in a good mood today.

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    1,866 Posts
    OP can you link to the sauce? It'd be nice.

18. Post #18
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,727 Posts
    "It's kinda putting rap on the back burner, that's all. Rap's taking a backseat to skating, that's all," Weezy told DJ Drama when he phoned into his radio show on Atlanta's Hot 107.9 on Wednesday.

that's a really respectable thing to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    July 2012
    281 Posts
    Not surprising, he's been talking about leaving since Tha Carter IV released.

It won't stick, retiring is a career move now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    OP can you link to the sauce? It'd be nice.
    added
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2011
    904 Posts
    Jay z said the same thing. Look at him now.

I doubt it will stick and besides he still has another album coming out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Puerto Rico Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,017 Posts
    But he sucks at skateboarding..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,889 Posts
    But he can do what he want...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,428 Posts
    Shh, don't tell him that or he'll go back to music.

Shh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,968 Posts
    Will he pull off a Jay-Z?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,762 Posts
    you all make it seem like lil wayne is a terrible artist. his older stuff is good its just his new songs that are dogshit. wayne is very talented and really isn't surprising that he's taking a break judging by the quality of his latest songs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 15Disagree x 13Dumb x 2Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,787 Posts
    Curiosity lands perfectly and Lil Wayne quits music entirely?

Shit, today was a good day.
    Except he's not "quitting music entirely"; that's just the exaggerated headline.

"It's kinda putting rap on the back burner, that's all. Rap's taking a backseat to skating, that's all,"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,946 Posts
    Obligatory

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,771 Posts
    why has the world let this happen
    Because he practically invented swag rap

30. Post #30
    October 2010
    481 Posts
    hey guys. i enjoy lil wayne's music and i agree with his decision. sometimes you have to stop making music and get some inspiration. rap has kayne and jay at the throne with good music rising steadily. im happy they wont have to compete with young money anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    21,985 Posts
    WHAT?! Lil Jon? OKAY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    you all make it seem like lil wayne is a terrible artist. his older stuff is good its just his new songs that are dogshit. wayne is very talented and really isn't surprising that he's taking a break judging by the quality of his latest songs
    facepunch hates rap

except "old school rap", of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2012
    73 Posts
    You misspelled Lil B there, bruh bruh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    He'll come back as Big Wayne.

Or Heavy Wayne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    April 2009
    1,603 Posts
    Even as someone who doesn't listen to much popular rap (although a huge fan of the more experimental/meaningful types of rap), this is a pretty major event. I don't think it can compare to Snoop Lion, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    a farewell to one of the greatest guitar players in history
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    1,678 Posts
    Such a shame. His technical mastery of the instrument is what inspired me to start playing guitar in the first place.

[URL]

I'd kill to have a technique as clean as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

38. Post #38
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    So Lil Wayne is Weezy?

Edited:

Lion Wayne
    I can see it now.
    Lil Mane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Source2, Curiosity's touchdown and this?
    Christmas in August.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)