1. Post #1
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    [table=align:center][tr][td]
    [/td][/tr][tr][td][table=align:center][tr][td]Now open for all![/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Welcome my friends! I heard your cries, your screams, your tantrums, and I have decided to grant you your desire! For you, my dear denizens of TF2, have been clamoring for an automated scrap banking site! It fills your dreams, it haunts your nightmares, and it is the very embodiment of what this world needs.

What is this magical solution of which I speak? Why it is, of course, TF2Scrap!

Alright, time to cut down the bullshit and explain this shit.

What is TF2Scrap?

TF2Scrap is a new automated scrap banking service. Besides normal scrap banking, it also features reverse scrap banking. That is, you select your items, give it the scrap, and GO!

What is scrap banking?

Scrap banking is as follows: a scrap banker, normally a human, will allow people to give him any two craftable weapons (of any two classes), and he will give them a scrap. Reverse scrapbanking is the reverse: you give the trader a scrap and choose your two weapons.
    TF2Scrap does this differently by automating the entire process. Simply add yourself to the queue and one of our bots will add you.

Is this free?

During the beta phase, it is entirely free to use TF2Scrap. No charge of items or money will be required. However, AFTER the beta phase, things will be slightly different. Because we need to maintain scrap levels and have a high enough stock at all times, it will work as follows. Normal scrapbanking will be entirely free, no strings attached. However, to access reverse scrapbanking, one must pay a small fee of a certain amount of metal (currently undecided). This will either be a one-time fee or a recurring fee, depending on how well it all works out.

WELL HOW DO I USE IT?!

TF2Scrap is now open! Access it here!

Who made TF2Scrap?

TF2Scrap is a collaboration between Geel9 and Jessecar96.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23Optimistic Optimistic x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,078 Posts
    it works 100% no scam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    werewolf and flames are cool guys
    December 2011
    5,196 Posts
    Will try asap.
    It looks good.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Tried. Works nice and fast.

Will use again.

5. Post #5
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,694 Posts
    I'll vouch for this, it's pretty awesome

6. Post #6
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Worked the first time I tried, I traded 4 weapons to Pandemic. Second time, Little Scrappy added me but didn't initiate the trade.

Clicked initiate trade again, it worked that time.
    Donated a ref.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    207 Posts
    This works well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Worked the first time I tried, I traded 4 weapons to Pandemic. Second time, Little Scrappy added me but didn't initiate the trade.
    You might have taken too long to respond to the friend request.

9. Post #9
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    You might have taken too long to respond to the friend request.
    I don't think so, I clicked the friend request pop up right away and accepted. But anything is possible.

10. Post #10
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,694 Posts
    It sometimes doesn't give you all the items you want. For example, I just reserved 2 family businesses and the bot is only giving me one

11. Post #11
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    I don't think so, I clicked the friend request pop up right away and accepted. But anything is possible.
    It's fourty seconds long. Thanks for bringing it out attention; that's the point of a beta. Appreciate it.

Edited:

It sometimes doesn't give you all the items you want. For example, I just reserved 2 family businesses and the bot is only giving me one
    Unfortunately "reserving" isn't fully implemented yet. Somebody got the family business while you were in the queue.

12. Post #12
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,694 Posts
    Ah, alright

13. Post #13
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    The bots don't automatically scrap the weapons, do they?
    So I should probably old off on sending them ~300 weapons

14. Post #14
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    The bots don't automatically scrap the weapons, do they?
    So I should probably old off on sending them ~300 weapons
    They have the capability, but it'll only be done manually (reverse scrapbanking needs weapons to function)

15. Post #15
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    They have the capability, but it'll only be done manually (reverse scrapbanking needs weapons to function)
    Once you get reverse scrapbanking working right, you could get something that automatically scraps weapons if you have more than a certain number of them. You could adjust the number per weapon, so more popular ones will have more in stock before scrapping. Automatically scrapping Targes and Razorbacks if you have more than 20 of each or something like that.

16. Post #16
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Once you get reverse scrapbanking working right, you could get something that automatically scraps weapons if you have more than a certain number of them. You could adjust the number per weapon, so more popular ones will have more in stock before scrapping. Automatically scrapping Targes and Razorbacks if you have more than 20 of each or something like that.
    TF2WH V2: Overstock harder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,078 Posts
    crikey. What did Dougal try to do?

18. Post #18
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    crikey. What did Dougal try to do?
    What?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,078 Posts
    He has his own title.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    He has his own title.

Yes.

He is a very bad boy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,026 Posts
    Wow that Dougal guy sounds like a gigantic faggot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,078 Posts
    Wow that Dougal guys sounds like a gigantic faggot.
    i heard he also hates dragons.

23. Post #23
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    TF2WH V2: Overstock harder
    I'm not saying don't accept them, I'm just suggesting it so you will have more scrap for people trading weapons in, and you don't have to do it manually.

24. Post #24
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    I'm not saying don't accept them, I'm just suggesting it so you will have more scrap for people trading weapons in, and you don't have to do it manually.
    Yeah, that's actually a great idea. Only problem is that there's so many items and setting a "max" for each would be problematic. We'll figure it out. Thanks!

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,078 Posts
    The BP viewer is messed up right now. Is that related to steam?

26. Post #26
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    The BP viewer is messed up right now. Is that related to steam?
    Yes. TF2 inventories are down.

27. Post #27

August 2012
    25 Posts
    I keep getting the http://api.steampowered.com/IEconIte...61198068475408 message and has anyone noticed that TF2Scrap kinda looks like TF2s crap :P Thought i just want to put that out :D

Edited:

Ah never mind i just read the above, :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    ...and we're back!

29. Post #29

August 2012
    25 Posts
    Im not getting any thing telling me to accpet anything, help !

30. Post #30
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Im not getting any thing telling me to accpet anything, help !
    The bot's currently having some issue adding people for some reason. We're unsure as to why or who.

Actually, it appears you're not online on Steam...

31. Post #31

August 2012
    25 Posts
    Where does the pop up come from?

32. Post #32
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Where does the pop up come from?
    Steam. You need to be logged in on Steam to use this.

33. Post #33

August 2012
    25 Posts
    Do i have to be in the game?

34. Post #34
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Do i have to be in the game?
    No.

35. Post #35

August 2012
    25 Posts
    I have the steam app up and running on my computer or does it have to be in a web browser

36. Post #36
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    I have the steam app up and running on my computer or does it have to be in a web browser
    Your steam client. Now you need to retry the trade on tf2scrap.

37. Post #37
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts

Says I won't get a scrap, but then is okay with it.

38. Post #38
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Vintage and strange weapons give errors instead of being counted as a donation.
    Named/described weapons give an error.

By gives an error, I mean that it says there is an error, but doesn't give the error type.
    The error is that you won't receive scrap. I'll look into it. Jesse may have made it not accept such items.

39. Post #39
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Yeah, I am fiddling with things. Those types of weapons just seem to screw stuff up.
    I snipped the part you quoted because I actually forgot to add two items into the trade, so those errors were probably justified.

At this point, it seems that strange weapons count as a scrappable weapon only instead of an error or donation.

40. Post #40
    Person
    June 2008
    5,633 Posts
    Yeah, I am fiddling with things. Those types of weapons just seem to screw stuff up.
    I snipped the part you quoted because I actually forgot to add two items into the trade, so those errors were probably justified.
    They shouldn't. The item id and whatnot is exactly the same, it just has a different quality that the bot shouldn't take into account

Edited:

Correct. Strange weapons are counted as any other weapon.