1. Post #41
    I'm going to buy the standalone game, not going to bother with war z.. something about massive needles sticking into your wrist seems unauthentic.

Edited:

How is sticking massive forties era needles into your wrist authentic?

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    But using morphine to fix your broken legs is okay.

Edited:

Okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    But using morphine to fix your broken legs is okay.

Edited:

Okay.
    Im pretty sure Rocket said he wanted to advance on the medical system in a later patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Im pretty sure Rocket said he wanted to advance on the medical system in a later patch.
    DayZ is starting to get feature creep even though the base features don't even work properly

watch as it turns out like minecraft on that one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    February 2008
    1,221 Posts
    Its a very good marathon simulator though. Ran all the way from Electro to Krasnotav, looking for a vehicle but never found one. Instead found a sniper bullet in my face and legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,488 Posts
    I can't believe a piece of shit mod like this has so many players. I thought it was just the hype machine but apparently it isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    DayZ is starting to get feature creep even though the base features don't even work properly

watch as it turns out like minecraft on that one
    90% of the bugs in DayZ aren't fixable until it goes standalone.. I thought the alpha was to test gameplay concepts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,734 Posts
    once you get high end gear there's really nothing left to do in the game apart from hunt players, and that's not even that fun since it's so god damn buggy

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,511 Posts
    The mod is pretty much a deathmatch now.

There is zero player interaction, everyone tries to kill you. I'm probably never going to play this again.

People didn't shoot on sight before the masses found out about DayZ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #50
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,666 Posts
    People don't realize that this is in alpha stage. Instead, they act like this XDXD HURR DURR BROKEN GAME XDXD DONT PLAY ITS SHIT.

Dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    People don't realize that this is in alpha stage. Instead, they act like this XDXD HURR DURR BROKEN GAME XDXD DONT PLAY ITS SHIT.

Dude
    and? its still a broken repetitive piece of shit at the moment
    if you gave me a piece of shit and said to eat it, but warning, its a piece of shit

that doesn't make it not a piece of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,666 Posts
    if you gave me a piece of shit and said to eat it, but warning, its a piece of shit

I've been playing dayz for.... 2 months now. And I didn't got bored yet, because its fun to kill other players or find cars and stuff like that.

13. Post #53

Although I generally hate the idea of people blindly defending a game due it being in alpha or test mode, this is the worst analogy i've ever heard.

You're comparing shit eating to a game still in heavy testing phases, the game can't be fixed until it's looked upon with the proper development team and budget it needs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    I dunno, I guess I find DayZ to be a pretty nifty (if horribly unpolished) mod, but it really is overhyped to hell and back. It does get very repetitive and really doesn't have that much to it at the moment, and the ridiculous amount of derivative 30-minute-long Youtube videos (typically posted as fluff to get Youtube partners more money for views) just serve to prove how goddamn boring the mod can be.

15. Post #55
    The mod is pretty much a deathmatch now.

There is zero player interaction, everyone tries to kill you. I'm probably never going to play this again.

People didn't shoot on sight before the masses found out about DayZ.
    This is true unfortunately, I think he's working on group play though (or so Rocket said), who knows when it'll actually be ready, 2 1/2 years judging by his current development cycle.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,104 Posts
    Saw that coming.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,291 Posts
    I was set to be one of these players. I bought Arma2 while it was on sale solely for Day Z... I tried playing Arma2 first, learned how fucking horrible it was, quit and never looked back. Should have moved to Europe to get a refund.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

18. Post #58
    I was set to be one of these players. I bought Arma2 while it was on sale solely for Day Z... I tried playing Arma2 first, learned how fucking horrible it was, quit and never looked back. Should have moved to Europe to get a refund.
    I can't tell if this is satire or not, if it isn't, then stop posting, forever, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    August 2009
    657 Posts
    Chenarus is old now, but I have recently been playing Lingor Island. It is a great map for DayZ, just about every building is enterable, its now jungle environment is a nice break from the grey land of Russia.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,324 Posts
    Day Z still has a lot of core mechanics on the way, such as base building. However, one of the biggest challenges it has right now are the hackers. They ruin the game in a matter of seconds for players that tried to build up their bases and vehicle collections through hours of playtime. The fact people pick it up right after says something about how great this game is though.

It's supposed to go standalone before the end of the year. Disconnecting it from the Arma 2 base game should at least resolve a part of the issues.

Even after investing around 200 hours in this game I still find it entertaining to play. You make your own fun, don't get attached to your gear, take some risks, but alt+F4 as soon as you even remotely suspect a hacker is messing with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,291 Posts
    I can't tell if this is satire or not, if it isn't, then stop posting, forever, please.
    What? I can't imagine, if the base game is so bad that a glitchy, laggy mod is going to be any more playable. I might get around to trying it, if the installation process eventually becomes less of a pain. I hear it's a bit hit and miss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    July 2010
    3,944 Posts
    This mod got popular when it shouldn't, people will never understand what alpha means.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    826 Posts
    I want a dayz without the zombies.

Just a bunch of players in a limited environment with scarce supplies. No restrictions.
    Now that would be interesting.
    just take out zombies on dayz

remove dayz.pbo from the addons folder and done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,977 Posts
    Played it a bit a pair of weeks ago. Got really boring really fast.
    Zombies run superfast, spasm and lag all over the place (hitting them becomes a lot about luck) and even go through doors. If an apartment block on wheels moved like that, it'd be hard to hit it, let alone a human sized target, which in turn makes what should be easy encounters hard.
    Also a lot of running. I hate ADHD Michael Bay shooters a lot, but running in a forest for 20 minutes is even worse. No I don't find it fun and oh so immersive to run around the woods for 30 minutes, stop to light a fire and sit around it doing nothing for another 15.

That's the problem with a zombie apocalypse, it'd be awfully boring with a lot of walking and sitting around waiting. Unless you get to play as military in all-out war with hordes of zombies, but then it wouldn't really be much of a war as a target practice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,324 Posts
    Running around for an hour without encountering a soul can be boring. But when shit hits the fan, my stomach twists into a knot, and adrenaline shoots through my veins. It's an amazingly immersive experience, and very much an anti-game. You don't play it for simple fun, you play it for that experience. Of course there isn't much of a point in playing if you don't find it worth your time.

26. Post #66
    February 2007
    740 Posts
    An hour of running just to be sniped from 500m away because at night you can't even see your feet le alone the dude hiding in a bush with nvgs. That might be fun for some people but it's a massive waste of time for me. If I wanted to run a marathon I'll probay go hit the gym and do it in person instead of being forced to put a weight on W and just watch for 20 minutes

27. Post #67
    An hour of running just to be sniped from 500m away because at night you can't even see your feet le alone the dude hiding in a bush with nvgs. That might be fun for some people but it's a massive waste of time for me. If I wanted to run a marathon I'll probay go hit the gym and do it in person instead of being forced to put a weight on W and just watch for 20 minutes
    Maybe you should read about the mod before you spend $25 on it?

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    13,053 Posts
    It's incredibly boring, i played it almost the instant it came out,there were about 5 servers.

since then, there's still been nothing new to do.

maybe once it's ported to ArmA 3 I'll get back into it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    thank god you didn't stay

Edited:

It's incredibly boring, i played it almost the instant it came out,there were about 5 servers.

since then, there's still been nothing new to do.

maybe once it's ported to ArmA 3 I'll get back into it again
    putting it on arma3 will no change the core gameplay.
    if you can't find anything to do in dayz you're either a boring person or a boring person

Edited:

good thing arma is and was designed to be an infantry combat simulator

Edited:

what am i doing i hate dayz

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,324 Posts
    Also, Rocket just announced Day Z will go standalone, developed by Bohemia, with him as project lead:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904...-the-beginning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,498 Posts
    Also, Rocket just announced Day Z will go standalone, developed by Bohemia, with him as project lead:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904...-the-beginning
    I hope Arma 3 fixes some of the issues Arma 2 has with close quarter combat, the AI is a dunce at the best of times, and it's super obvious up close.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,048 Posts
    Rocket is a professional game dev.

I trust he will make dayz a finished product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    From the comments it seems like people waste hours on end for the rare fun experience in between. This problem isn't a broken part of the game, either, so it's gonna be like this until the 'full' release.

I guess if you're the kinda guy that gets really into games you don't mind but it seems like everyone is hyping this as the zombie game we've been waiting for all these years without really mentioning how far they take the realism aspect. Realism is boring in games unless it's the pseudo-realism and even then that shit gets tedious really quickly.

34. Post #74
    DayZ is enjoyable if you like running around a 2004 graphics map for three hours before a couple minutes of excitement and getting shot in the head then repeating the process
    It gets way way better if you play with friends and you find a couple cars, though. Hoping Rocket will realize this and implement groups, group spawning, nametags or skins, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    DayZ is enjoyable if you like running around a 2004 graphics map for three hours before a couple minutes of excitement and getting shot in the head then repeating the process
    It gets way way better if you play with friends and you find a couple cars, though. Hoping Rocket will realize this and implement groups, group spawning, nametags or skins, etc.
    Are you seriously trying to say BF2 and HL2 has better graphics then RV3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    February 2007
    740 Posts
    Maybe you should read about the mod before you spend $25 on it?
    where did you get the idea that I wasted my money, arma in coop is much more enjoyable and perhaps dayz could be too of it didn't take 12 hours just to cover the map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    August 2009
    657 Posts
    I don't have the problem of the game seeming slow anymore, Lingor island has few areas where you can run for more than 5-7 minutes and not hit a town, zombies, or players.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    I'm going to buy the standalone game, not going to bother with war z.. something about massive needles sticking into your wrist seems unauthentic.

Edited:

How is sticking massive forties era needles into your wrist authentic?
    well the war z takes place in the future so it makes sense to have different healing items than say, morphine injectors that fix legs broken by hatchets
    or bandages that stop the bleeding in 5 places on your body with just 1
    or antibiotics that make you feel better instantly, not make you shit out your stomach for a week then feel a little better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Rocket is a professional game dev.

I trust he will make dayz a finished product.
    Indeed, unlike Notch who is an amateur programmer and an ideas guy.