1. Post #4921

August 2012
    451 Posts
    and here you are.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2kcf27v75q1pdk2

The pocket was just fine, but the sleeve was slightly off from the scout's ref mesh. I repositioned it and rigged both accordingly. The scout sleeve is fine in ref and in some poses, but there are others where the scout's sleeve clips on both the inside and the outside a little bit. As for the pocket, sometimes in some of scout's animations, the bottom will be hanging out a little bit. I tried rigging it to the next bone below that one, but it stretched the fuck out of it. I suggest just seeing if you can give the pocket a little more depth and curve or something.

Edited:

Edit: here's a photo

http://i.imgur.com/ddXxY.png
    Ill take a look into that, thanks!

Noo. This one I like.
    The other one was wellmade, but the fact that it was just a hand STRAPPED to Pyro's head made it a lot less scary and morbid, and just made it silly looking and weird. This I like.

Edited:

I still think it looks more like it's sort of still alive, gripping tightly around his head. But you could maybe try to make the thumb grip more and the finger next to it go slightly over Pyro's eye, and make the wrist angle more upwards

Slightly more like this

Also, could you maybe make his arm slightly longer? Engie cut his arm a bit higher up.
    Guess I could turn it back to how it was positioned in the first image, and make the arm a bit longer.

Question, if this hasn't been asked already.

Will there be facial (skeletal?) flexes for voice lines?
    Would be really hard to make the skulls mouth to move in any good way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

2. Post #4922
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,298 Posts
    Ill take a look into that, thanks!

Guess I could turn it back to how it was positioned in the first image, and make the arm a bit longer.
    If you mean like when it looked a bit like it was floating above his head, I dunno. It looked a bit like it wouldn't make sense that it could hold on so well, but the way it holds on looks pretty good aside from that it doesn't grip with the thumb and that the wrist itself could be angled in a way that makes it look slightly less floppy and dead.

Edited:

Would be really hard to make the skulls mouth to move in any good way.
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I thought making a non-skull version just to be safe would perhaps be a good idea.

3. Post #4923

August 2012
    451 Posts
    If you mean like when it looked a bit like it was floating above his head, I dunno. It looked a bit like it wouldn't make sense that it could hold on so well, but the way it holds on looks pretty good aside from that it doesn't grip with the thumb and that the wrist itself could be angled in a way that makes it look slightly less floppy and dead.

Edited:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I thought making a non-skull version just to be safe would perhaps be a good idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

4. Post #4924
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,298 Posts
    Excellent!

5. Post #4925

August 2012
    451 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 30Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #4926
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    Check out the authors of the Mariachi:

I laughed more than I should.

Oh and the item is great. I can see it getting in, easily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 42 (list)

7. Post #4927
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    I like how, of the top 13 items at the Workshop front page, 11 belong to dark-colored, warzone-themed sets for the Pyro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

8. Post #4928
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Added a beam to the miner helmet:

Should I keep the beam as it is, make it longer, or remove it?
    Agree for keep as it is
    Optimistic for make it longer
    Disagree to remove it
    How it looks dimmer and longer:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4929
    April 2011
    8,359 Posts
    I don't know, I thought there was a reason there's no beam on mining light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #4930
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,858 Posts

Cross-Post for those who don't check the workshop thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 52Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #4931
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,144 Posts
    Holy shit, I got % on Spooky Joe!
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4932
    January 2012
    1,528 Posts
    so, when i'm signing up on autodesk, i click homeschool to get 3ds max for free?
    will anyone find out i'm lying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4933
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    so, when i'm signing up on autodesk, i click homeschool to get 3ds max for free?
    will anyone find out i'm lying?
    You are home schooled, it's not a lie and no one really cares.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #4934
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,095 Posts

You and Trey should work together more often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

15. Post #4935
    January 2012
    1,528 Posts

spooky joe is gonna be a hit, i can tell.
    it's perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

16. Post #4936
    March 2012
    82 Posts

[SUP](for those who don't know what this is from just search for chinman)[/SUP]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #4937
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    I don't know, I thought there was a reason there's no beam on mining light.
    apparently this:

:<
    And theres no vmt command to stop a part of the texture loading the uber texture for some reason
    Edit: Other than the terrible uber, the beam looks good in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

18. Post #4938
    October 2010
    1,396 Posts
    spooky joe is gonna be a hit, i can tell.
    it's perfect.
    It's sad that Valve won't add it because Poopy Joe is their IP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #4939
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    apparently this:

:<
    And theres no vmt command to stop a part of the texture loading the uber texture for some reason
    Edit: Other than the terrible uber, the beam looks good in-game.
    Wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity to use the Waxy Wayfinder's light effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4940
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity to use the Waxy Wayfinder's light effect?
    Whats that then?
    Right now on and off are styles for the helmet:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #4941
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,095 Posts
    It's sad that Valve won't add it because Poopy Joe is their IP.
    Yet, they do that all the time in Dota 2. Such is Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #4942
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Whats that then?
    I had a vague memory of the WW effect and the Genteel Smoke effect being made available to modelers by Valve in some way that I didn't care to remember due it not concerning my on account on my non-modeler status, but apparently this vague memory was wrong. According to the wiki, the WW uses Self-illumination.

EDIT: As does the Mining Light. There is actually a particle effect called 'Holy Glow', but it's used solely by the Cheater's Lament.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #4943
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Added a beam to the miner helmet:

Should I keep the beam as it is, make it longer, or remove it?
    Agree for keep as it is
    Optimistic for make it longer
    Disagree to remove it
    How it looks dimmer and longer:
    Just use a self illum and maybe a particle effect. I love that you attempted to include the beam since it was a major part of the film, but no other item in the game does that and it would look really weird if yours was the only one. And damnit, I WANT THIS FUCKING THING IN GAME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #4944
    July 2011
    10,144 Posts
    Pyro set release is delayed by Ducksink's broken finger. Stay tuned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #4945
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,305 Posts
    Maybe I will win this race??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #4946
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,663 Posts
    saw this in tf2 media, not sure if it is possible but could someone make the bald sniper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4947
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,395 Posts
    I thought all humans had two hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4948
    August 2012
    3,814 Posts
    I'd kill for a Demo set based around demolitions to be created, released and uploaded to the workshop. I don't care so much for weapons, but something other than Scottish or pirate-themed hats and miscs would be amazing.
    Elbagast was making one but he went...what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, nuts, and he's gonna make 3 Demo sets and upload them all at once. Expect them to come out mid-2013 or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

29. Post #4949
    October 2010
    1,396 Posts
    I retract my former statement after being convinced by Psyke. Spooky Joe is going to be accepted! It's too awesome, it needs to be added!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4950
    July 2011
    10,144 Posts
    I thought all humans had two hands.
    Ducksink doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #4951
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,298 Posts
    saw this in tf2 media, not sure if it is possible but could someone make the bald sniper?
    I don't think that's possible, unless you make the model larger than Sniper's hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

32. Post #4952
    July 2011
    10,144 Posts
    Maybe I will win this race??
    hopefully
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

33. Post #4953
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,858 Posts
    I retract my former statement after being convinced by Psyke. Spooky Joe is going to be accepted! It's too awesome, it needs to be added!
    You make it sound like i showed up at your door with a baseball bat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #4954
    October 2010
    1,396 Posts
    You make it sound like i showed up at your door with a baseball bat.
    I did what you asked, now slowly put the needle down and give my inflatable balloonicorn back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4955
    I wish I knew someone wish a pretty sick carrot fetish.
    May 2011
    850 Posts
    Still looks like a ghost ice-monkey. Needs transparency~
    besides that it's a-o-good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #4956
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    See, I've wanted the same thing for the Medic for a long time...

Props if you know what that's from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #4957
    May 2011
    5,288 Posts

The most medal-y post of the thread.
    So much Winner...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #4958
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts

I don't think he quite sees the point of Spooky Joe. Adorable nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 46 (list)

39. Post #4959
    August 2011
    357 Posts
    snip

I was pipped at the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

40. Post #4960
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts

I don't think he quite sees the point of Spooky Joe. Adorable nonetheless.
    Shit, he's onto us!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)