1. Post #121
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    That looks really neat, add more stuff to the tables and maybe an npc sitting somewhere ;)
    The lighting effect seems to be done with sprites, where did you get them? Looks really cool^^
    The television looks like it has an env_lightglow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,277 Posts
    A bit of an update on mine:

It now uses more detailed models for the supports instead of brushes.
    dat flare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    718 Posts
    So wait can the ground in the middle be lowered as long as the exit and entrance stay at the same height?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    September 2008
    98 Posts
    That looks really neat, add more stuff to the tables and maybe an npc sitting somewhere ;)
    The lighting effect seems to be done with sprites, where did you get them? Looks really cool^^
    They are sprites Fewes released awhile back. http://filesmelt.com/dl/flares.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    Is it okay if I add a weapon strip entity in my map? Since I don't want the player to be using certain weapons in my part of the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Is it okay if I add a weapon strip entity in my map? Since I don't want the player to be using certain weapons in my part of the map.
    Should add a resupply locker at the end or something

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    I just added a locker with as many different weapons that I could add, but I wont be able to give the player his physgun, toolgun, and bugbait.

8. Post #128
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I just added a locker with as many different weapons that I could add, but I wont be able to give the player his physgun, toolgun, and bugbait.
    gm_tool, weapon_physgun and weapon_bugbait if I recall correctly.

Just have those attached to a point_template and have it activate when people press a button or use the supply locker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,111 Posts
    and gmod_camera
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Dropping out, I can't think of anything and cba to finish the scraps of ideas I started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    Okay so I'm very close to being done I just want to know how to fix this light leaking through the door I have a block light covering the door and it's frame but it's still leaking a bit out.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,502 Posts
    I'm definitely going to contribute something to this, expect my entry tommorow or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    August 2012
    107 Posts
    Add me to the count thing.

Ode to Freeman.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    Well I finished my hallway, can't arsed to take some screenshots because of all the triggers it has. http://www.gamefront.com/files/22211181/ravenholm.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,390 Posts
    Well I finished my hallway, can't arsed to take some screenshots because of all the triggers it has. http://www.gamefront.com/files/22211181/ravenholm.zip
    You do realize you can omit them by hiding the brush entities right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    You do realize I'm too lazy to care? I'm sorry I'm just so tired of this map that I don't want to have anything to do with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    October 2011
    242 Posts

Ode to Freeman.

I love the lighting, but the area with dustmotes is larger than the actual light ray. Fix that, or try to set up a custom point_spotlight at the ceiling, that effect was also used in HL2 when you first meet Father Grigory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    718 Posts
    I love the lighting, but the area with dustmotes is larger than the actual light ray. Fix that, or try to set up a custom point_spotlight at the ceiling, that effect was also used in HL2 when you first meet Father Grigory.
    Dust is everywhere, and would probably be able to be seen outside of the direct light. It shouldn't just be confined to that light beam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,398 Posts
    Whew, finally done with my entry, just sent it in.

Too tired to take any pictures now so expect some tomorrow.

I just hope it's okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Whew, finally done with my entry, just sent it in.

Too tired to take any pictures now so expect some tomorrow.

I just hope it's okay.
    I look forward to it

21. Post #141
    August 2012
    107 Posts

Ode to Freeman.

By the way, here is the file http://www.gamefront.com/files/22218570/ToGordon2.rar

Optimised and shit.

22. Post #142
    July 2010
    117 Posts

So yeah, here is mine. I was away for the last 10 days so I didn't work on it as much as I could. Still, I think it turned out fairly ok.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4380409/hallway.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    March 2010
    1,039 Posts
    Ah, I'm cutting this close, but yeah, I'll have mine up tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,398 Posts
    So we're not allowed to use custom content for the sake of project management, I take it? That sucks, because otherwise I'd be interested in this.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,123 Posts
    You are allowed to make custom content just not a lot, doesn't matter now though since today is the deadline.

27. Post #147
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    787 Posts
    Sorry if it is a little late.

My Map

28. Post #148
    July 2009
    26 Posts
    I feel bad my map is kind of basic, everyone has very nice well made detailed ones
    great job!

my entry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntXgspnae0Y

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,398 Posts
    Oh right, I was gonna post pics.

And a link containing the map and the additional textures I used. (Thanks, SiN.)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18318949/collabmaterials.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Mapping King Mapping King x 4 (list)

30. Post #150
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,785 Posts
    Incredible. How'd you get that smoke effect without having big, obvious, moving particles?

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,398 Posts
    I have no fucking idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #152
    March 2010
    1,039 Posts
    Alright, here's mine. I can't wait to see all this put together!

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5y2lc16v6cvn5v

Just a note the author for this one. Basically I made two hallways, but they are still "connected". You'll see what I mean when you open up the map. It's up to you whether you keep it that way and sort of split the hallway that way, or place them together. The way it works, it doesn't really matter, so just do what you want with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,812 Posts
    Incredible. How'd you get that smoke effect without having big, obvious, moving particles?
    Fog_controller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,398 Posts
    I didn't even include a fog_controller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    March 2010
    1,039 Posts
    I didn't even include a fog_controller.
    What did it use then?

36. Post #156
    DFC
    September 2011
    275 Posts
    What did it use then?
    Are there sprites on the lights?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,812 Posts
    Probably some sort of light_glow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    August 2012
    107 Posts
    Have you guys noticed that the end date for this thread was two days ago?

Who is going to make the huge map again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,837 Posts
    Been up getting things ready at my flat for Uni so been away for the past few days guys, but I'll put it all together soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #160
    I cannot believe I wasted another $2 to add HTML to my title.
    September 2012
    294 Posts
    Closing date is: Friday 7th Spetember

A couple of years ago we had a collaborative hallway thread, where people made a hallway within a template and they were all put together in hammer into one continuous map,
    a couple of days ago I was reminded of this and thought it was about time we had another try, so here it is: The Facepunch Hallway Collaboration 2012.

Before we start there's some ground rules:

-the template is 512x512x1024
    -don't make anything outside those boundaries, if something goes slightly outside at the top I might be able to keep it in as long as it's not too far, in the interests of optimisation etc
    - L4D, CSS and HL2/episodes content is allowed
    -try and keep custom content small
    -post your progress in this thread
    -using sky_day02_01_hdr along with it's lighting properties form valve's skylist, try and keep your lighting in line with this
    -NPCs are fine for decoration but no big animated events please
    -2 corridors per person if you feel so inclined

And now, screenshots and videos of what I've done so far, the intro and the opening hallway:

And yes I know about some of the background texturework being iffy, it's on the to-fix list. Also if anyone would be interested in helping with custom textures for everyone's names and osme easter eggs at the end it would be nice!

Here's the template, feel free to edit the bounding walls etc, so long as you don't make them any bigger:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/f0046efef7/

Can I still submit one? I wanna have my hall way hallified :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)