1. Post #1
    Level Design Portfolio
    November 2009
    2,043 Posts
    Hey guys, do any of you know if Lifan is a good brand or not? Need to know as I am looking to buy a motorbike soon.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,374 Posts
    If you've never heard of it, probably not. Stick to brands you've heard of, especially for your first bike, or you will have problems down the road.

Edited:

Obvious brands like Aprilia, Honda and Yamaha are your best bet.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,472 Posts
    I know a guy who had a lifan pitbike, 125cc.

It broke down every second ride.

Edited:

No personal experience tho, might be that he had a raped one (bought used for cheap)

4. Post #4
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,942 Posts
    Gahhh wish this thread would stop appearing.
    Every time I see it my brain says "Lifespan of 125cc Motorcycles".

What the fuck brain!

5. Post #5
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,091 Posts
    I have a Lifan 125cc pitbike engine, it's absolute rubbish. I've driven not even 500 kilometers and my valves have adjusted themselves, so it miss fires and just sucks overall.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Ive heard that the motor are reliable, but its a chinese 50/50 crap shoot on whether any given engine (or bike) was assembled correctly. The recommended way to make a Lifan last is to take it apart and re-assemble it making sure everything is tightened down properly.

7. Post #7
    IPK
    August 2012
    2,341 Posts
    Ive heard that the motor are reliable, but its a 50/50 crap shoot on whether any given engine (or bike) was assembled correctly. The recommended way to make a Lifan last is to take it apart and re-assemble it making sure everything is tightened down properly.
    This.