1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    again with the tendril power

i'm going to state this for the record

i'm not going to make the tendrils because ropes are fucking annoying to work with

that being said, any other ideas?

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,377 Posts
    I'm not really liking how the consuming works. Instead of grabbing an NPC, throw, then use on them again and consume, you could make the controls more like how Prototype 1 or 2 was. Like to consume, just grab them and right click. And to glide, instead of holding down Alt, why not just Shift? I think you get what I'm saying by now.

Also, I don't know if this is because of a limitation, but you should work on the running on walls part, where you physically have to jump to move on them, instead of sprinting on the ground toward a wall and automatically transitioning to the wall.

3. Post #43
    June 2012
    84 Posts
    Mine is from nasa and has wires made from diamond and a holographic screen and a finger mouse. :P

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    highdef, you're doing it wrong

you're supposed to use proto_consume and then kill something and then press e on the resulting ragdoll

it's in the op for crying out loud

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,341 Posts
    I'm not really liking how the consuming works. Instead of grabbing an NPC, throw, then use on them again and consume, you could make the controls more like how Prototype 1 or 2 was. Like to consume, just grab them and right click. And to glide, instead of holding down Alt, why not just Shift? I think you get what I'm saying by now.

Also, I don't know if this is because of a limitation, but you should work on the running on walls part, where you physically have to jump to move on them, instead of sprinting on the ground toward a wall and automatically transitioning to the wall.
    I would ask you to bring the server back up, but well we know what sadly happened to Jack's Explosives. Prototype server anyone?

6. Post #46
    June 2012
    84 Posts
    Hmm can we do ideas for custom powers?

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    only if they're really good

other than that i want to stick to canon

i was thinking about adding the claw pounce but i'm not sure how i'd do it or if it'd be worth it

Edited:

also,

I would ask you to bring the server back up, but well we know what sadly happened to Jack's Explosives. Prototype server anyone?
    i'm not a drama queen baby like jackarunda and i don't put malicious code in my mods because somebody said something i don't like

also, occasionally i host a listen server on gmod 13 if you want to check it out

and on that note, since the gmod 13 beta is available to everyone now, i think i'm going to abandon support for the gmod 12 version since FUCK maintaining two versions of the same addon at once

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,341 Posts
    IP?

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    98.165.40.227:27015 i believe

i'm gonna put it up in a few minutes so i hope at least someone joins

Edited:

if the ip doesn't work then just look for a sandbox server labeled Mr. Bix's Server

this is gmod 13 btw

10. Post #50
    June 2012
    84 Posts
    Ok how about a more ranged power or maybe biobomb

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,341 Posts
    Joining, I am putting it in my favorites.
    edit: God damn GMod 13 server browser, The legacy is HORRIBLY broken for me and I cannot find anything D:.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    it's up now, come on people

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts

should be hitting the gmod 13 version very soon

probably some time tomorrow if not tonight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #54
    January 2012
    315 Posts
    That was simply awesome.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,377 Posts
    highdef, you're doing it wrong

you're supposed to use proto_consume and then kill something and then press e on the resulting ragdoll

it's in the op for crying out loud
    I'm not saying I don't know how to do it, I've read the OP. I'm just saying you could make the controls more similar to the game, like grab with E and right click to consume and so forth. I mean it's not a huge problem or anything but familiarity is always good.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    soon as i figure out how to disable weapon firing under certain circumstances, i'll do it you way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    January 2008
    70 Posts
    Can you make it work with RagMod? :3 Would be great, two lovely mods.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,341 Posts
    Why doesn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    February 2012
    7 Posts
    Broken Gmod 13 Link.

EDIT: Gmod 12 link also broken.

EDIT: You really should talk to Garry. No offense, but this is ridiculous.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    ok so i'm fucking sick of waiting for garry to fix his FUCKING broken-ass workshopper (not like he's announced any intention of doing so anyway because windows xp is like 20 years old now) so have this version off my dropbox for now and i'll put it on the workshop when i get my new computer in a few months

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21837885/%5BPROTOTYPE%5D.rar

report bugs with lua errors etc etc you know the drill

Edited:

also don't ask for a changelog because holy fucking shit there's way too much stuff to list

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    March 2011
    420 Posts
    perhaps it's just me, but it doesn't show up in the weapons menu. I placed it in addons.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    oh fucking shit

sorry about that, i'll get it fixed asap

garry removed the 'only spawnable by admins' bit in the code so setting spawnable to false makes it not spawnable at all

for now you can use 'give blacklight' in console

23. Post #63
    Dennab
    March 2011
    420 Posts
    oh fucking shit

sorry about that, i'll get it fixed asap

garry removed the 'only spawnable by admins' bit in the code so setting spawnable to false makes it not spawnable at all

for now you can use 'give blacklight' in console
    The addon works like a charm, thanks a million!

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    so i'm trying to spread awareness of an unapproved version of my mod that's been uploaded to the workshop without my prior permission or awareness

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=129841454

pls report it so it gets taken down

i'm going to get windows 7 any day now and will be able to upload a new version with all kinds of magical features like a blade spin that doesn't suck and maybe tendril moves, depending on how the progress i've made with the whipfist bug works out

Edited:

i know progress with this mod has been kind of slow due to laziness on my part and also life shit but i'm getting ready to really buckle down and start getting shit done, if you all will help me out this once
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    780 Posts
    I reported it. Have you tried the command line workshop publisher?

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    well, i'm on 7 now so that's not an issue

27. Post #67
    July 2012
    35 Posts
    noobcake, can i edit your mod a little to make a new gamemode?

Edit: dont worry you will get the full code from the gamemode when its done

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    i'd rather you didn't

this whole situation is hell on my mind as it is

29. Post #69
    July 2012
    35 Posts
    i'd rather you didn't

this whole situation is hell on my mind as it is
    ok, then i wont touch the code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    633 Posts
    This was my favorite game back on xbox, and even got it for pc when I stopped playing xbox. I like what you're doing.

31. Post #71
    April 2012
    6 Posts
    when fighting dragons i usually just hop on their back and claw/beat them to death VV
    same here

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    928 Posts
    if only i had prototype...

33. Post #73
    March 2013
    162 Posts
    This mod+gibmod= Bloodfest. Gotta love your work noobcake, and also reported those bastards from workshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    IT'S BACK BITCHES

now with more convenience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)