Hello. My name is Chippy. I am an admin for a roleplaying server that has a Medieval Fantasy theme, named Crussaria. This has been advertised through facepunch before, but I am remaking it for the last one was while the server was dying due to finals in school for the admins and such. All I ask of you is to read this, and I hope I answer all of your Questions and such down below, for I had tried my very best to go through everything and make this as simplistic as I could, with it making sense. Feel free to drop a question down below, or troll if you REALLY want to...Also keep in mind I'll only reply to people who carry this our maturely, and actually are interested. This is here, if you're interested great. If your not, thats okay too! :)
We are a growing community, we're getting back on our feet and we need you as a roleplayer to help. Now this is a Scripted roleplay server, so if you are used to DarkRP, or Perp, you will need some adjusting in roleplay, for this server is more serious than that. If you do not know what scripted roleplay is, think of it as the Half-Life 2 roleplays you see, the most popular I shall use for example is the community of Taco n Banana, whom also has a STALKER roleplay.
I shall now go through the variants that we have that may peek your interest to join our server.
Things Crussaria has, that other roleplays may not:
- A fantasy Theme
- A friendly admin, and playerbase
- Custom models and weapons imported from other games, and created by the HGN community.
- Freedom of character creation. ( As in, you are not restricted to just play as any normal peasant, or in survival role-play; a wastelander. You can engage in playerbased groups, and such. Along with making your character as unique as possible. But within reasonable standards. I.E- You cannot play as a dragonborn, or a god.)
- Unique races such as Goblins, Orcs, Elfs, and Argonians (Downside, you need to donate for such.)
- Freedom of event making. In short, since it is a fantasy setting, the admins have a very free space of what they can use their imagination for, for events. Anything magical and mythical is here in Crussaria.
- We have the PAC mod in the server, so you can customize your characters to look as cool as you want. Within necessary reasoning of course.
- Imagination to character creating. You can give your character a super crazy backstory, that isn't limited to a lore.
- A custom Medieval Fantasy Themed Map that offers many areas for player-made groups, and many opportunities for events and dungeoneering.
- Custom NPC's such as; Zombies, Mudcrabs, Gnulls, Goblins, Undead Archers, Deer, Spiders, a dragon, and a few mini-boss-like creatures.
- We got magic. Yes this means wizards, warlocks, terrifying creatures, and mystical runes and ruins for you to explore. But to become a wizard you must get an auth by an admin :)
Things to keep in mind:
- Mages are In-Characterly hated by those who don't have the gift. They are hated, or feared, or both. They are also being hunted by an inquisition in which try to kill them (Great roleplay for being a mage.)
- We have other roleplays such as Fallout New Vegas, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you are more into survival post-apocalyptic roleplaying.
- We will have a small downtime for when Garrys Mod 13 comes out, in which after that hopefully our script can be a lot better.
- Our playerbase is low, hence the reason for this thread.
- We once had a active 20 playerbase and the roleplay was fantastic, and everything worked well.
- We use the SVN (Tortise SVN) to keep our server updated on content. If you need help using this program you can add me on steam, which I will have somewhere below. Also if your curious as to what SVN is, its a program like winrar which allows you to easily extract your files without downloading a zip, or rar file, but from a website link. ( I know it sounds weird, but bare with me. )
- This is what so ever NOT an MMORPG, or any variant of that. This is not Runescape, this isn't World of Warcraft, or Lord of the Rings. This is just a medieval roleplay that has no developer theme to it, it is 100% custom with all the fantasy imagination that can go into it.
- The gear doesn't help you out too much when you get it. It is simply for looks and killing NPC's
- We the admins will try our best to give you a good first impression of the game, so that you will support us and enjoy the roleplay.
- We have a very LARGE content pack, that you will have to install in order to play.
- If you don't have Half-Life 2 Episode 2, it is okay. We have a link for getting content from that too, so no error signs, or pink and black checker madness for you! ;)
- We will be switching to our custom map (which after downloading the content, you can play on in SP) after we get a playerbase of 12-15 average.
What we, the admins expect of you:
-Take the roleplay seriously. Roleplay your character, as a unique person and not yourself.
- Not to use the in-game crafting system. For it makes it seem more on an RPG.
- Not to troll.
- Do not use your microphone/headset.
- Know how to roleplay properly, you can't get a job like you would on DarkRP or Perp.
- Make a unique character that you can have fun with, and we can interact with to make nice roleplay within the game.
- (Optional) Join, or create a group. You can be bandits/thieves, or a noble house of warriors, a guild, or even something as minor as a Trading business.
- Have a freggin' good time!
Becoming a member of the community and Joining the server.
1. Go to www.hypergamer.net and register yourself an account.
2. Learn how to use SVN and where to download it here - http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/cru...how-to-use-it/
(I may soon be posting up a video guide for that)
3. Get the content from - http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/cru...-content-pack/
4. Wait for the long ass installation of the SVN :/
5. Join the server. The IP is 188.8.131.52
6. Create a character, and play.
If you have any questions for downloading, installing, or information about anything post below and I shall respond.
If you have any questions for anything at all, or need guidance on something you can add me on steam. My username is aadragon and my alias is |HGN-CRTO| Chippy! Also, this thread is subject to change.
P.S We are trying to make this server not so much HGN based, but just a Crussaria base. We're trying to act as our own community just with the support of HGN.
I shall now post a few pictures of the recent roleplay that has been happening within the server, to ensure you this is really a server that is currently up. And it may boost your 'want' to play more.
A mystical rune, which bares the soul of a lich, waiting to summon. Three players, venture out to find the secrets of the rune.
Thanksgiving event of 2011