1. Post #1
    February 2010
    7,913 Posts
    I want to be able to cover this

in either FLstudios or SOMETHING, for the purpose of creating a remix of some sort

yeah i'm hopelessly clueless on how to do that

help, please?

2. Post #2
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,350 Posts
    I'm confused, what are you asking how to do exactly?

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    7,913 Posts
    I'm confused, what are you asking how to do exactly?
    create a near-identical cover of the song, so i can repurpose it for remixes

4. Post #4
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    Well, unless you want to simply rip straight from the source then you're gonna have a hard time. It's going to take a lot of work from where you're at, skill-wise.

If you need to remake the sounds, you'll need to download a Digital Audio Workstation (such as FL). Then you'll need to find some Virtual Studio Technology Instruments (VST or VSTi) that would be able to recreate these sounds. Some of the sounds can probably be created using some percussive samples and a few effect-VSTs, but the string-based instrument could be a bit more challenging.

It wouldn't be hard for someone with a lot of experience with these things to come up with something that sounds like this tune, but to get a near-identical sound would be very hard, I think.

Well... Good luck.

5. Post #5

6. Post #6
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,350 Posts
    Yeah, it's kinda like asking how you can paint a perfect copy of another painting, there's no trick to it, it just takes a ton of experience (and maybe some luck).

The thing you posted just sounds like the first few seconds of the song chopped up and resequenced, I dunno if that was what you were going for?

7. Post #7
    February 2010
    7,913 Posts
    The thing you posted just sounds like the first few seconds of the song chopped up and resequenced, I dunno if that was what you were going for?
    it wasnt really, but its all i can do, since i wanted to do SOMETHING with the track