1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,005 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 36Late Late x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    Fucking awesome. TW2 is by far my favourite RPG of the last few years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,269 Posts
    could make a decent ultima mod from it

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    oh wow this is unprecedented, really got to hand it to cd projekt for being chill as fuck and bucking the modern gaming trend by offering a great game and great after release support for no additional cost - just shows the best way of getting people to buy your products is to not treat them like dirt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2009
    1,095 Posts
    I can't name a single game that has gotten this much support after launch, even after all these years that gaming exists. Even taking Valve's games in mind, and that's saying something.

Gotta love cd projekt for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    1,018 Posts
    I can't name a single game that has gotten this much support after launch, even after all these years that gaming exists. Even taking Valve's games in mind, and that's saying something.

Gotta love cd projekt for that.
    Erm, Team Fortress 2?
    But still, love CD Projekt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Zing Zing x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Maybe I should try Witcher 2 then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,631 Posts
    The Witcher 2 is such a fucking good game.

I seriously cannot wait for their next game, since I'm a huge Cyberpunk nerd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2012
    4,426 Posts
    Love CD Projekt. Mod tools to Witcher 2 is like dessert to a cake.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    The Witcher 2 is such a fucking good game.

I seriously cannot wait for their next game, since I'm a huge Cyberpunk nerd.
    We're on the same boat here

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,846 Posts
    Mod tools being shown off at a gaming convention after a game's release? That's gotta be a first.

12. Post #12
    July 2012
    4,426 Posts
    Mod tools being shown off at a gaming convention after a game's release? That's gotta be a first.
    This probably means they're darn good mod tools if they're getting quite a bit of attention so long after game's release.

13. Post #13
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    TW2 any good? Number one's combat system to me was fucking horrid and I couldn't stand to play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    TW2 any good? Number one's combat system to me was fucking horrid and I couldn't stand to play it.
    Combat system is great in TW2, way better than in 1 (and the game is by far the best RPG to come out in the last, what, 6 years? More?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #15
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,081 Posts
    Yep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    oh wow this is unprecedented, really got to hand it to cd projekt for being chill as fuck and bucking the modern gaming trend by offering a great game and great after release support for no additional cost - just shows the best way of getting people to buy your products is to not treat them like dirt
    Exactly why I bought It. Instead of 'stealing' it.

This game is one of the unique feel to an fresh RPG, that isn't linear as hell. Like most others are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Also kind of a small thing but if I'm not mistaken they were also cool with people using TW2 assets in Skyrim mods. Even more boss imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    I've been replaying this since the EE came out.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    Bioware should take a note and learn from these devs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,113 Posts
    I'm wanting a new computer primarily so I can play this fully. From what I have played it feels fucking amazing and I know for a fact I'm going to get addicted to Cyberpunk when that comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21

March 2012
    321 Posts
    Brilliant. Exactly what the game needed.

22. Post #22
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Combat system is great in TW2, way better than in 1 (and the game is by far the best RPG to come out in the last, what, 6 years? More?).
    I might have to try it then, because fighting like a retarded monkey swinging a fucking club pissed me off so much in number one.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,113 Posts
    I might have to try it then, because fighting like a retarded monkey swinging a fucking club pissed me off so much in number one.
    Combat in TW put me off majorly. TW2 is such a major improvement it's 100% satisfying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Yeah, they managed to streamline it in a way that surprisingly didn't mean 'simplify it to the point of removing any nuance', it's just better this time around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    Bioware should take a note and learn from these devs.
    putting effort into a game isn't really bioware's forte
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2009
    1,183 Posts
    I would have bought and played this by now but I have fucking ridiculous bandwidth caps (Canada has great everything except internet), and the enhanced edition is total like 23 gigs. That would end up being like a quarter of my monthly internet.

27. Post #27
    July 2012
    4,426 Posts
    I would have bought and played this by now but I have fucking ridiculous bandwidth caps (Canada has great everything except internet), and the enhanced edition is total like 23 gigs. That would end up being like a quarter of my monthly internet.
    Can't you order a boxed version then?

28. Post #28
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    It was, but EA got to them
    Wasn't Knights of the Old Republic good...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    It was, but EA got to them
    Wasn't Knights of the Old Republic good...?
    that isn't todays bioware
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    Erm, Team Fortress 2?
    But still, love CD Projekt.
    not trying to be a fanboy, because i know nothing of TW2, but how is it possible that it gets more after release support? TF2 was released (coming up on) 5 years ago, it's about to get another major update just this month. The Witcher 2 was released last year, now unless they did some kind of tremendous support, I'm doubting it's more than TF2's support.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    not trying to be a fanboy, because i know nothing of TW2, but how is it possible that it gets more after release support? TF2 was released (coming up on) 5 years ago, it's about to get another major update just this month. The Witcher 2 was released last year, now unless they did some kind of tremendous support, I'm doubting it's more than TF2's support.
    they work constantly to fix bugs and optimize, and they released the 360 version with a bunch of new updates and shit as well as many new quests and dialog options
    they then released this update for pc for free (its like 1.3 gigs of free content as well) which revamped the ui to make it even more pc friendly
    also, the game has absolutely no drm, you can pirate it, play it without a crack, and use the official updater on the pirated copy with no workarounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,877 Posts
    The difference being that tf2's 'content' was hats, rehashed weapons (now it deals more damage but has less bullets!!1) and a handful of maps. Sure, tf2's been getting a lot of updates but it is mostly fluff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    I actually meant the sex scenes, I mean Bioware you are so bad you can't even show nipples properly, jk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    Big difference between an update containing 10 new hats and an update containing almost an expansion's worth of content free of charge.

35. Post #35
    July 2012
    4,426 Posts
    TF2 also constantly generates cash. Witcher 2 does not as it has no paid DLC or anything. Though I would pay for an expansion pack. Unless that would interfere with development of their next game.
    This also makes me respect CD Projekt more because they're developing a new game and yet give TW2 great support.

36. Post #36
    November 2010
    2,673 Posts
    Why aren't more devs like that? I've only played the first chapter of TW2 and loved it (need to get around to getting the game someday), the Cyberpunk RPG is probably going to rock as well, and now they also made modding tools, which sadly is a rarity nowadays. Also, seeing as the mod tools are named REDkit, and, if I'm not mistaken, the Cyberpunk RPG's going to be on the RED engine as well, we might get mod support for Cyberpunk out of the box, which would be the best thing ever!

37. Post #37
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    they work constantly to fix bugs and optimize, and they released the 360 version with a bunch of new updates and shit as well as many new quests and dialog options
    they then released this update for pc for free (its like 1.3 gigs of free content as well) which revamped the ui to make it even more pc friendly
    also, the game has absolutely no drm, you can pirate it, play it without a crack, and use the official updater on the pirated copy with no workarounds
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Update

Just look at that page, all for over 5 years. All free. And even then the entire game is free to play, all you need is steam. The only thing I'm seeing this have an advantage over is the Xbox version.

The difference being that tf2's 'content' was hats, rehashed weapons (now it deals more damage but has less bullets!!1) and a handful of maps. Sure, tf2's been getting a lot of updates but it is mostly fluff.
    Doesn't even sound like you play the game. I see more unqiue stats than "rehashed" stats, and from what I see, there's nothing wrong with hats, they're cosmetic, don't affect gameplay and a good source of income for Valve.

Any payment you make out to Valve concerning Team Fortress 2 is completely optional except to upgrade to "Premium" and even then it's only 5 bucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,746 Posts
    I found combat in TW2 to be really boring and just stopped after the first chapter. The story telling, dialogue, and setting were really neat but it kept interrupting that to give me a dumbed down Assassins Creed with terrible camera control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2012
    4,426 Posts
    I found combat in TW2 to be really boring and just stopped after the first chapter. The story telling, dialogue, and setting were really neat but it kept interrupting that to give me a dumbed down Assassins Creed with terrible camera control.
    Dumbed down AssCreed? Really? If anything, asscreed has poor combat. After a bit of trying you can essentially become invincible no matter how many baddies you're fighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    What, what, I'm at the lack of words at this comparison of yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)