1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,113 Posts
    http://news.sky.com/story/971260/mit...n-as-vp-choice

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has picked congressman Paul Ryan to be his running mate to help him try to win the White House race.

Mr Romney's campaign announced the vice-presidential (VP) selection to supporters via an iPhone app message early Saturday.

He is expected to speak about the selection during a photo opportunity at the USS Wisconsin in Norfolk, Virginia later today.

The vessel is a decommissioned World War II-era battleship that also saw service during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Mr Romney's VP announcement comes at the start of a four-state bus tour, and as he tries to repair an image damaged by negative Democrat advertising in a race that has seen him lose ground to President Barack Obama ahead of November's election.

He has also suffered a series of gaffes in recent weeks, including raising questions about London's Olympics preparations, and wrongly referring to the scene of a recent deadly gun attack at a Sikh place of worship as a 'sheik' temple.

Mr Ryan, whose plan to slash federal spending and lower taxes has won over many Republicans, is from the state of Wisconsin, which shares the name of the battleship.

The timing of his VP choice means Mr Romney will have his running mate by his side during a bus tour through Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio, four states that Mr Obama won in 2008 but are being closely contested this time around.

Mr Ryan, 42, is viewed by some in the Republican Party as a bridge between the party establishment and conservative activists that have never warmed to Mr Romney.

As the chairman of the House Budget Committee, Mr Ryan could help Mr Romney, 65, make the argument that only the Republican ticket knows how to turn around a nation in the midst of a sluggish economic recovery.

The Wisconsin congressman is behind a House of Representatives-backed budget plan that seeks to curb overall entitlement spending and changes government health insurance for the elderly and poor into a voucher-like system to save costs.

Democrats this week criticised Mr Romney for embracing the proposal that critics say is painful to the poor and elderly.

Unveiling the VP pick at the USS Wisconsin is set to carry heavy military symbolism at a time when the Pentagon is facing drastic budget cuts.
    Lol tax-cuts everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 5Late Late x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    3,814 Posts
    Title is even more bias than fox news.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,565 Posts
    Yeah change the title, as much as i dislike Romney i didn't even know what you were talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Title isn't really biased, it's just stating the obvious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 12Funny x 5Dumb x 4Zing x 2Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

March 2012
    321 Posts
    Mitt Romney is very desperate and falling over his own words constantly. He won't make a very good president. Barrack is better for a 2nd time around as the president of the USA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,255 Posts
    Mitt Romney is very desperate and falling over his own words constantly. He won't make a very good president. Barrack is better for a 2nd time around as the president of the USA.
    If I were a Republican I'd vote for Obama so I get a do-over, he hasn't fucked up too badly after all, maybe they'll get someone more sensible next election
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,382 Posts
    Is Ryan really 'hated'? He just seems like a generic Republican to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #8
    December 2009
    1,233 Posts
    That just isn't fair. When we do it, it's fine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,239 Posts
    I'm sure that's how Fox News would describe their articles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    Ugh, I am not saying Romney is the greatest president, but I don't want Obama in office again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,113 Posts
    I'm sure that's how Fox News would describe their articles
    Difference is I did it for a laugh and they do it to control the minds of millions of Americans to agree with their views.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    August 2009
    7,893 Posts
    OK, I get you think that Romney is a retard or whatever, but Paul Ryan is literally just Generic Republican #471
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,113 Posts
    I guess you never looked at his economic budget plan or his Medicad Coupon system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2011
    3,833 Posts
    We still got Gary Johnson from a third party after he left the Republican party. (Can't blame him.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,239 Posts
    Difference is I did it for a laugh and they do it to control the minds of millions of Americans to agree with their views.
    It's kind of sad, but I'd say there are probably quite a few people here who basically use this section for their world news information

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,382 Posts
    I just watched the video of the announcement, Romney apparently fucked up and introduced Ryan as 'the next President of the United States'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQGNDczkjV0#t=2m9s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    Ugh, I am not saying Romney is the greatest president, but I don't want Obama in office again.
    Except he has done nothing wrong and has upholded tons of the things he promised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,779 Posts
    I just watched the video of the announcement, Romney apparently fucked up and introduced Ryan as 'the next President of the United States'

Maybe Romney is secretly a robot made by Paul to help his election?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

September 2011
    4,949 Posts

He probably knows that certain people would like to see him eradicated completely.