1. Post #1
    March 2012
    46 Posts
    This was my first time doing some real urbexing but I realized all I brought was my PS Vita which doesn't have the greatest camera but I'm sure you'll still enjoy.
    This is a U.S. Military radar base built sometime around the coldwar. It was somewhat of a training facility for radar related stuff too and there's many buildings and housing all over. The military base is built in the middle of the forest, you can't see it or any of the towers from the highway besides the trail.

Most of the buildings and houses looked absolutely ravaged and messy, we were allowed in the base after talking to the owner but he said inside the buildings were off limits as they were dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if we found someone living in one of the buildings... or maybe the opposite.

Full imgur album here. Or just view the highlights with comments below.

Our adventure begins here

After a mile walking up the road

This thing.

It's hard to tell but nearly every building we walk by has all of it's windows smashed as if a few teenagers with a window breaking fetish came along.

We found bullet casings randomly across the roads along with some shot up windows, only a few of the pictures visibly display the bullet holes in stuff :\

Baseball field, to the right off the shot there is also a basketball court. If you look in the distance towards the middle you can see sort of a metal tower, it almost looked to me like it was some sort of stripped down tower for launching some kind of missile possibly for a satellite or something.

Bullet holes. This building and a couple next to it had quite a few bullet holes in it. On the other side of the road there was a sort of circular building with an easily accessible roof. On top there were quite a few beer cans and it almost looked like they sat there and fired an automatic weapon at the three buildings.

Busted open vending machine found in a recreation building.

A currently functioning AT&T tower.

"Smile, you are on camera"

Burned out/rusted gas tank.

Ghetto chapel.

This thing.

Portal 2?

Someone was taking a nap?

On the way out

If you want to see more and get an idea of how big the place is, the link to the full imgur album with 160+ something images is at the top. I tried to take most of the boring stuff out of this thread as I usually just take a picture of just about anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,599 Posts
    Did you go down that hatch? The one on the ground.

Edited:

Also great pictures, Really interesting. The fact that there is bullet holes, just adds to the fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2012
    46 Posts
    Did you go down that hatch? The one on the ground.

Edited:

Also great pictures, Really interesting. The fact that there is bullet holes, just adds to the fun.
    Thanks!

The hatch is actually an entrance to the cistern, 4-5 feet down the ladder is all water so no I didn't.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,599 Posts
    Thanks!

The hatch is actually an entrance to the cistern, 4-5 feet down the ladder is all water so no I didn't.
    Aww, Would have been great if you went down with a flash light and took some pictures of the inside.

5. Post #5
    June 2010
    1,593 Posts
    Would have been awesome if you found some old guns sitting in a locker in one of those buildings.
    Far fetched, but awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,277 Posts
    Great photos. Chances are the owner said not to go inside the buildings because of that functioning AT&T tower.

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    1,593 Posts
    Great photos. Chances are the owner said not to go inside the buildings because of that functioning AT&T tower.
    That's why you don't bother asking the owner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2012
    46 Posts
    AT&T tower had nothing to do with it, the buildings were abandoned and separate from the AT&T tower, we could see through them from the windows easily. The buildings were off limits because of owner liability.

Some of them weren't really safe to enter with shittons of broken glass and floors that could fall through. If I really wanted to I would walk into them but they did look somewhat dangerous and dark as fuck. As I said before I wouldn't be surprised if I found someone living or dead in there.

Would have been awesome if you found some old guns sitting in a locker in one of those buildings.
    Far fetched, but awesome.
    That would be cool, but as I mentioned the place was pretty much looted to shit, some buildings had their copper wiring ripped out. Anything left in the buildings were pretty much worthless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2010
    749 Posts
    look like .22 casings, someone just plinking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)