1. Post #161
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,870 Posts
    serious

how does anyone not notice this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,092 Posts
    Is it just me, or is Pyro staring straight at me? This terrifies me after watching Meet the Pyro so please answer soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    746 Posts
    I even bolded it this time :)
    Thank you for that. Hopefully there will be less "help guys, what going on?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #164
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,125 Posts
    serious

They look nothing alike. Are you half-blind or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    June 2010
    4,860 Posts
    The AI for spy bots can already cloak/disguise/sap, so I'm pretty sure they'll do all that.
    My biggest fear is snipers
    because offline practice bots will dodge your sniper shots even if they can't see you, and I really hope that MvM bots don't do that.
    As for sniper bots themselves?
    Well
    I don't need to go into that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #166
    December 2011
    154 Posts
    Posting this again, because it's cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Disagree Disagree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    August 2012
    1,334 Posts
    I just had a thought.
    If Mann Vs Machine is a horde mode, then how will sentries be handled? Surely, the bots have some way of dealing with sentries.
    I think I remember people talking about sound files for a sentry buster or something.

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,270 Posts
    Be careful with what you wish for
    Watch, the main site will now be covered in bones.

"The bones are thrown!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    THE FRESH PRINCE OF COMPTON
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    Dafuq, a new speculation thread already? Can anyone tell me what I missed so I don't have to spelunk through a million posts?
    Fuck, why do people have to use such annoying phrases and shit?

You should know by now that stupid phrases will get you boxed on this forum and will have you shamed in any semi-decent community. Shit like:

-Dafuq
    -XD
    -Lulz
    -Coolface (aka Trollface for those new to the Internet)
    -Any 9gag/reddit-tier reactions

Just stop doing it if you want to be taken seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    August 2012
    3 Posts
    Posting this again, because it's cool:
    Of course!
       Dead Space 3 promos, we're looking at the wrong side of things guys we have to fight aliens   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

11. Post #171
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Of course!
       Dead Space 3 promos, we're looking at the wrong side of things guys we have to fight aliens   
    Mann vs. Martians confirmed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    July 2012
    4,927 Posts
    Of course!
    Oh, it's from Dead Space. Not gonna lie I thought it was Halo or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    serious

The only similarity is that they are both drawn.
    Get your eyes checked, hon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Oh, it's from Dead Space. Not gonna lie I thought it was Halo or something.
    It's hard to tell the difference between all the peasant console games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    November 2010
    268 Posts
    Gray is kind of a jerk.
    They were babies at the time, Redmond and Blutarch didn't even know he existed!

He manipulates them into a truce, which would assumedly stop their wasting of the Mann family money, but kills them anyway, even though they apparently weren't even fighting over the thing he actually wanted. >_>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #176
    August 2011
    2,043 Posts
    Guess what I got today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,030 Posts
    Fuck, we're going to have so much idiots here just like the last thread when TF2 or the website updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #178
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    At least with Gray in the picture (no not that fucking family picture i mean this metaphorically) we finally have a very diabolical antagonist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

19. Post #179
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    Gray is kind of a jerk.

He manipulates them into a truce, which would assumedly stop their wasting of the Mann family money, but kills them anyway, even though they apparently weren't even fighting over the thing he actually wanted. >_>
    Kind of?
    He ate his Eagle savior and her children.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,501 Posts
    Guess what I got today?
    put it on top of a cliff in new mexico
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,432 Posts
    It's hard to tell the difference between all the peasant console games.

Well, at least it didn't come out for Linux.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

22. Post #182
    August 2012
    3 Posts
    Gray is kind of a jerk.

Well, they are trying to write an antagonist.

... I think? Maybe?
    I don't even know

23. Post #183
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,987 Posts
    Of course!
    EA's games coming back to Steam? Yeah, when Gabe Newell flies (that Crysis 2 pack doesn't count).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

24. Post #184
    December 2008
    126 Posts
    Here's my theory: MvM is going to be Saxton Hale vs Gray Mann. Gray needs Hale's equipment and weapons, so he sends swarms of robot armies to get them, whereas Hale hires Red and Blu to defend his warehouses. I'm predicting a L4D-style zombie horde mode, where you'll have access to all the weapons that the class you're playing as can get (left lying around different parts of a gigantic map, L4D style). This is gonna be AWESOME!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    July 2011
    489 Posts
    Here's my theory: MvM is going to be Saxton Hale vs Gray Mann. Gray needs Hale's equipment and weapons, so he sends swarms of robot armies to get them, whereas Hale hires Red and Blu to defend his warehouses. I'm predicting a L4D-style zombie horde mode, where you'll have access to all the weapons that the class you're playing as can get (left lying around different parts of a gigantic map, L4D style). This is gonna be AWESOME!!
    That would be the death of the Zombie Fortress gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,501 Posts
    how horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 27Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    You know what I found funny? How everybody thought Eagle was some sort of corporation that went around kidnapping children, and it turned out to literally be a motherfucking eagle that swooped in and took Gray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    I firmly believe that they are using this ARG to promote not only MvM but the Linux support on the side, just as an added bonus. Grey's appearance in contrast to his brothers strongly reminds me of like introducing a unique platform, something different. As people have said, they make this story as they go, it would only make sense for them to use this opportunity to show a little love for the Linux users on top of everything else they plan to do with this ARG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #189
    June 2012
    1,615 Posts
    Gray is kind of a jerk.

Were talking about a guy here who willingly killed and ate his Eagle mother and children whom took the time to take care of him. Antagonist Alert! Antagonist Alert!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Ian
    I'll show you a gold member.
    June 2010
    6,513 Posts
    But L4D weapons work in tiers, while TF2 weapons work as different weapons altogether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #191
    August 2011
    2,043 Posts
    and Mecha's upcoming robot mode.
    2 birds with one stone here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    Yes, at last someone will kick Saxton hale ass for good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

33. Post #193
    July 2011
    489 Posts
    No man, that's far away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #194
    May 2007
    302 Posts
    Well, they are trying to write an antagonist.

... I think? Maybe?
    I don't even know
    Pretty sure Gray is jealous that his father hated him and loved Blutrach and Redmond so this is how he gets his revenge?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    3,742 Posts
    Where's the "That will never happen" rating?
    Anyway, I think that there's pretty much no more possibility of more bloodstains, unless the update starts a week from now. Which leads me to wonder when the bloodstains will be removed...

36. Post #196
    /////////
    April 2011
    5,682 Posts
    not physically possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    August 2012
    1,334 Posts
    Pretty sure Gray is jealous that his father hated him and loved Blutrach and Redmond so this is how he gets his revenge?
    It didn't look like he loved Redmond and Blutarch in his will or the Loose Canon comic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #198
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    But Saxton Hale is literally one of the only vidya characters I really like.
    I also like some select TF2 characters. When you think about it, Valve did an amazing job with bringing life to their characters. Just look at how much content people have generated that's based off the TF2 characters. I think it's safe to say that the Internet identifies with the TF2 classes more than any other cast of video game characters. It's also extremely impressive considering their original goal was to just create diverse classes which each had their specialties when it came to fighting, yet they ended up crafting 9 of the most personalized characters to ever exist in an FPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    May 2007
    302 Posts
    It didn't look like he loved Redmond and Blutarch in his will or the Loose Canon comic.
    "Loved" may have been the wrong word, but he certainly didn't like Gray as much.

40. Post #200
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    why would you want to beat up Saxton Hale. He's like the closest thing TF2 actually has to a half way decent human being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 6 (list)