1. Post #1

December 2011
    22 Posts
    "Alyx" is a HL2 mod which takes the player into the hands of the HL2 deuteragonist, Alyx Vance.
    Alyx is a HL2 mod which takes place before HL1, during HL1, and during HL2.

Features:

The player will be able to interact with as many parts of the world as possible.
    As Alyx's child-self, there will be several dream sequences when she naps, during this time... you will be able to interact with the dreams and create your own worlds that would combine in within the main story.
    Sticks true to the Half-Life universe, brand new story not immediately intercepting with the HL2 universe.
    Action sequences as well as dynamic movements of the player will be added for the extra detail.
    A new music score (planned, but not yet).
    VALVe's idea of Alyx developing a crush on a deaf boy from Episode 3 will intervene in the mod in one form or another during the chapter "Adolescent Years".
    A workshop to add onto D0G during the story, as Alyx and Eli added parts onto D0G as she grew older to make D0G bigger.
    The mod's key element is to bring a truly great adaption and to live up to fan's expectations of a mod that sticks true to the HL universe, and intercepts with the HL universe exactly as the player would expect it to be.

Two chapters have been planned out, more will be written once development of chapter one is complete. I have planned for the mod to span out to around 5-6 chapters depending on development time, and if necessary.

Chapter One:
    Birth

Chapter Two:
    G-Gun

Two years now since Alyx has been born, and Eli begins work again on his gravity gun, during this time you'll be seeing the world as Alyx as a toddler. Eli has an early working prototype of the grav gun in full working use except the reeling in of objects.

Azian finds Alyx missing from the kitchen and shouts "ELI! Is she with you?", Eli replies "Yes honey, she's with me!".

One of the Black Mesa associates phone Eli up about his plans on the Gravity Gun, Eli talks vigourously on the phone "It's going well John, it's going well... just the final pieces being added to it right now."

As Eli leaves the room, now's your chance to pick up the Gravity Gun and destroy everything in that room, when Eli hears the sounds and clashing of the Gravity Gun, Eli runs back into the room and... "ALYX WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! The G-Gun is destroyed and... oh wait, you're only a child... you don't really understand any of this, you've destroyed my room and the G-Gun needs a full overhaul now".

You're placed inside a crib.

[CHAPTER END]

Chapter Three:
    Ravenholm

Chapter Four:
    Adolescent Years

Chapter Five:
    The Adventures Before Gordon Freeman

Chapter 6:
    Rise and Shine, Mr. Freeman

THE TEAM:
    Jacob "D.E.L.B." Jones - Project Lead, Story Lead, Texture Artist
    tomsoftmedia - Lead Programmer
    Narcis_speed6 - Graphic Designer
    Jack B. "CampingCarl" Klein - Game Scripter
    Ceiling Pie - Prop Modeler
    ZitaX - Concept Artist - On Hiatus
    archer9234 - Sound Editor
    Jarrod "Cooljay" Cordeiro - Various
    Adam "Sklarlight" Sklar - Video Editor

All information here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/alyx

This mod is still in development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Funny x 53Winner x 6Optimistic x 3Informative x 2Friendly x 2Artistic x 2Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2009
    436 Posts
    Interesting. I'll keep an eye out for this mod, this takes on a new perspective of things in HL.

Good luck, I know I'll be waiting. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    723 Posts
    Actually seems like it could be an interesting mod. I'll be sure to keep track of it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #4
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,552 Posts
    The player will be able to interact with as many parts of the world as possible.
    As Alyx's child-self, there will be several dream sequences when she naps, during this time... you will be able to interact with the dreams and create your own worlds that would combine in within the main story.
    You sure about that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 42Funny Funny x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    I read the title and expected to be one of those stupid "Sexy Alyx" mods that make her naked or something.

Anyway, sounds interesting. I might keep an eye on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

December 2011
    22 Posts
    Thanks. Yeah, we sure about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

May 2012
    14 Posts
    Oh god dammit. I can't play female characters. I can't get immersed.

Thanks a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 32Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,854 Posts
    "ALYX WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! The G-Gun is destroyed and... oh wait, you're only a child... you don't really understand any of this, you've destroyed my room and the G-Gun needs a full overhaul now"
    Erhm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 44Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,714 Posts
    Suffice to say the OP is not particularly well written at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,270 Posts
    please don't use FF models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    I was hoping this would be a mod that literally just swapped Alyx's model with Gordon, and changed the voice files to say Alyx instead of Gordon when talking to the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

12. Post #12

December 2011
    22 Posts
    Yeah, we did swapped Alyx view model instead Gordon's View model. But i had a lot of work on it, because i still coding Mass Slow Motion effect lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Oh god dammit. I can't play female characters. I can't get immersed.

Thanks a lot.
    Damn man.

You're missing out on some good games.

Like every single metroid game ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14

December 2011
    22 Posts
    Damn man.

You're missing out on some good games.

Like every single metroid game ever.
    lol

Edited:

We scrapped JailFinal map anyway, it look too stupid....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Before HL1? You'll play as baby Alyx?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,665 Posts
    I can't wait to play as a baby.

Edited:

god damn it. Ninjas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts
    Before HL1? You'll play as baby Alyx?
    I'm guessing this mod is hoping to have a birthing sequence, la Fallout 3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    311 Posts
    Maybe thirdperson would fit more for this type of mod?

Something like this maybe:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree x 7Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

December 2011
    22 Posts
    I'm guessing this mod is hoping to have a birthing sequence, la Fallout 3?
    Well, yeah, we will had a birthing sequence, but in the chapter 1 we play as Eli (In 1st person) who living in a apartment with his wife Azian. Suddenly, Azian started to birth. The next part is planning to let Eli driving a car in 1st person mode. I don't know if we should keep the driving sequence in mod. And then...Birthing sequence start.

Edited:

Maybe thirdperson would fit more for this type of mod?

Something like this maybe:
    We don't know yet, but i may ask the Project leader
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    I'm going to be honest, this mod is WAY too ambitious. I want some sort of evidence that this mod will make it past the concept art stages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

21. Post #21

December 2011
    22 Posts
    I'm going to be honest, this mod is WAY too ambitious. I want some sort of evidence that this mod will make it past the concept art stages.
    Thanks for feedback, we'll try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

April 2011
    302 Posts
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/alyx-episode

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alyxs-story

There is one grave freshly digged next to these two...

No, seriously, think carefully what you do with that kind of project. If it doesn't work, don't let the mod die, but try to think it a different (and easier) way.

For example, the first HL2 mod featuring Shephard, Awakening, did well with good and simple ideas here and there.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

December 2011
    22 Posts
    We won't let this mod coming end. Seriously, we won't, so don't worry. We'll try the best as we can because this is the only mod we gonna do. Eventually, some members want us to release each episodics, we still don't know yet :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,900 Posts
    Looks interesting. I'll have to see where this goes. Good luck, and happy modding!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Also, I'm going to be honest here, you need a proofreader. Not to be rude, but your English is pretty bad. I wouldn't say this if it wasn't bad to the point of being hard to understand. You should add me on Steam and let me join your team as the grammar checker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 24Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,621 Posts
    I'll be honest with you,this mod seems to be nothing much but blind promises with virtually no media to back them up.
    Also you don't even appear to have a level designer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #28

December 2011
    22 Posts
    Also, I'm going to be honest here, you need a proofreader. Not to be rude, but your English is pretty bad. I wouldn't say this if it wasn't bad to the point of being hard to understand. You should add me on Steam and let me join your team as the grammar checker.
    lol, sure, or maybe....

Edited:

I'll be honest with you,this mod seems to be nothing much but blind promises with virtually no media to back them up.
    Also you don't even appear to have a level designer.
    Actually, the mapper is told us to hide his name from the credits, idk why he want to do that, but man that dumb. BTW, i'll put a new media soon. Yeah, well, this mod just make for fun, we don't have too much hope in it ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

December 2011
    22 Posts
    Here the Physic test on al_birth_a2 map, which it unfinished. Guys, i know it look dumb somehow, but any suggestion to improve this one :)

Thanks for participate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    311 Posts
    Here the Physic test on al_birth_a2 map, which it unfinished. Guys, i know it look dumb somehow, but any suggestion to improve this one :)

Thanks for participate
    It looks ugly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

31. Post #31

December 2011
    22 Posts
    I understand your concern, it still WIP and the texture is completely mess-up. The lighting effect is went off due to lighting on the map disabled

32. Post #32
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    I understand your concern, it still WIP and the texture is completely mess-up. The lighting effect is went off due to lighting on the map disabled
    I hope your team has at least someone that can knows proper grammar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

December 2011
    22 Posts
    ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Funny x 17Zing x 2Winner x 2Friendly x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    We don't know yet, but i may ask the Project leader
    Add me on Steam, I can show yo.

Edited:

mat_fullbright 0

Edited:

Actually, the mapper is told us to hide his name from the credits, idk why he want to do that, but man that dumb.
    He probably thinks it'll be a bad mod.

BTW, i'll put a new media soon. Yeah, well, this mod just make for fun, we don't have too much hope in it ;)
    So don't make a thread about it, and don't litter ModDB with these types of things if you don't expect to finish with a quality mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    864 Posts
    Thanks for participate.

I don't even know what you meant by that, and I'm being serious. :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    Hello, i'm Trinh Nhat Quang, I'm also a game designer, programmer.
    From his Steam profile. I can't stand people who claim to be a "game designer" when all they've done is work slightly on a mod like this. It's one thing to call yourself a level designer after making some bad maps, because you've designed levels, but you're not any type of game designer after making something like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #37

December 2011
    22 Posts
    From his Steam profile. I can't stand people who claim to be a "game designer" when all they've done is work slightly on a mod like this. It's one thing to call yourself a level designer after making some bad maps, because you've designed levels, but you're not any type of game designer after making something like this.
    Well thanks for point that. I'm extremely bad in English so i even don't know about that lol

Edited:

Add me on Steam, I can show yo.

Edited:

mat_fullbright 0

Edited:

He probably thinks it'll be a bad mod.

So don't make a thread about it, and don't litter ModDB with these types of things if you don't expect to finish with a quality mod.
    Thanks, and yeah we are all felt that this mod is gonna be a very bad mod. But we still move on. The mapper back anyway (He was offline for 2 months, ouch)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    If you think it'll be bad, give up. If you're all working on it while thinking "this mod will be bad", you'll put less and less effort into it and will only make it grudgingly, probably because you've "worked so hard on it" or "already started". You're better off starting a whole new project or joining an existing mod in development hinthintplscodeformymod

Edited:

And your storywriting needs a lot of work. It's not just your English, it's just the overall plot and storytelling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Well thanks for point that. I'm extremely bad in English so i even don't know about that lol
    My offer to help with your English still stands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

April 2011
    302 Posts
    Actually, the mapper is told us to hide his name from the credits, idk why he want to do that, but man that dumb. BTW, i'll put a new media soon. Yeah, well, this mod just make for fun, we don't have too much hope in it ;)
    Dafuq are you doing.

Hell, if you want to do a mod with a different POV (in HL2) "for fun", take example on that : http://www.moddb.com/mods/last-zombie

it's very short, the action is quite repetitive, but there is a real work to provide a different character with a funny story, this could be a way to do your Alyx mod (now, with what you said above, you ruined all my expectations to see a long, blockbuster-like mod...).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)