1. Post #41
    April 2009
    1,766 Posts
    We know of 3 packs
    - Junkyard Justice
    - YM's Medic Pack
    - Gardening Pyro

We also know that a Demoman pack that involves explosives is in the works. From the beta, we can also see that there's a new misc slot dedicated to Demoman's grenades. It stands to reason that this pack would also be included, although I haven't seen too many packs that are both explosive based and have custom grenades included.

The Custom Texture badge from the STS leak came back into the light now, as a texture overlay (which adds brushstrokes) was found in the beta GCF.

Several of the changes from the beta are being translated right now on the STS. One of these new additions to the STS was "specialty" which was taken off the STS awhile ago. It was included with the new beta stuff, but has not appeared in the beta.

All references to sockets have been removed in the beta. That idea seems to have been trashed.

Some old unused afterburn related attributes were re-worded to be more like the current attribute style (IE, Damage Bonus/Damage Penalty). The increased Overheal attribute was also edited slightly.

A new "expiration date" attribute was added to the beta.

We know an enhanced Rocket Jumper is also being worked on, and is just waiting for the art team to make a model.
    From the first thread

From those, we got:
    -1 Weapon from Junkyad Justice
    -Demo Grenade Miscs
    -Custom Texture Badge
    -Expiration Date
    -Rocket Jumper

And then I realized, we haven't gotten ANY Demoman weapons since the Uber Update (reskins don't count.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I don't think ned is required for OP. Speculation thread veterans like me will remember Jetamo's speculation thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2010
    6,311 Posts
    It's time to rev the V8 Speculation Engine!

What's next for TF2 after the Machines? Halloween is obvious, do we think we'll see the Mann Brothers' ghosts?

That robot is a ghost?

And of course Australian Christmas 2: Electric Boogaloo 2: Electric Boogaloo.(3)
    I imagine Valve will reveal another comic after we've killed X robots. I doubt, they've killed off Blutarch and Redmond just to mark Gray as the villain. Unless Valve relies on their time machine wizard, without Blutarch and Redmond, there's no canonical reason for RED and BLU to fight each other after the bots are defeated.

Best case scenario, there will be another comic filling in the gaps and hinting at the next update with more proceeding TF2 lore. But I expect they'll hit some sort of reset button (if immortality machines exist and respawn exist, surely Blutarch and Redmond can come back) or introduce more characters that give them more flexibility with future updates to the game and its canon.

TF2 was initially a very static game, and the stalemate-between-RED-and-BLU fluff reflected that. But the more Valve got into the updates, the more things they've shaken up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    January 2012
    132 Posts
    Ahhh new thread smell...Its just like daisies...
    Also how does this avatar look?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

5. Post #45
    September 2010
    1,087 Posts
    I don't expect we'll be able to play till a few hours after the update hits. Steam is probably going to crash when it hits. Just like the uber update if I remember correctly.
    And Pyromania. And every other large update. I honestly think this one might just be the mother of all update crashes, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    September 2011
    1,606 Posts
    I can still remember the horror in the beginning of 2012 how nothing happened and we just waited and waited and waited and waited and..
    BUT NOW! IT'S FINALLY HERE!
        I know you've seen this in the other thread already, but reposting because it's awesome   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    April 2011
    5,477 Posts
    From the first thread

From those, we got:
    -1 Weapon from Junkyad Justice
    -Demo Grenade Miscs
    -Custom Texture Badge
    -Expiration Date
    -Rocket Jumper

And then I realized, we haven't gotten ANY Demoman weapons since the Uber Update (reskins don't count.)
    No, we got Demoknight weapons at the uber update. The last demoman weapon that wasn't a reskin was at Australian Christmas 2010 being the Loch n Load and Caber.
    (Not counting balance changes, like the sticky jumper being mostly changed.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,057 Posts

I bet this is what it feels like to play Demo with a fully upgraded Grenade Launcher and ScoRes.

I bet this is what it feels like to play Demoman if Eyelander has unique upgrades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #49

June 2012
    81 Posts
    Maybe the bounty refers to a different item drop system? An item drop system that doesn't rewards idling?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #50

June 2012
    137 Posts
    I imagine Valve will reveal another comic after we've killed X robots. I doubt, they've killed off Blutarch and Redmond just to mark Gray as the villain. Unless Valve relies on their time machine wizard, without Blutarch and Redmond, there's no canonical reason for RED and BLU to fight each other after the bots are defeated.

Best case scenario, there will be another comic filling in the gaps and hinting at the next update with more proceeding TF2 lore. But I expect they'll hit some sort of reset button (if immortality machines exist and respawn exist, surely Blutarch and Redmond can come back) or introduce more characters that give them more flexibility with future updates to the game and its canon.

TF2 was initially a very static game, and the stalemate-between-RED-and-BLU fluff reflected that. But the more Valve got into the updates, the more things they've shaken up.
    Suddenly, everything was just a bad dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #51
    August 2009
    6,217 Posts
    Pyromania
    large update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #52
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,850 Posts
    Well i hope there's a certain demo-man set used in the update..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    There is not much time to be lost!
    Gamer Brothars!
    Hat Mahrens, today the enemy is at our door. We know our duty and we will do it. We fight for our honour as Blood Doves, as HAT MAHRENS, and we fight in the name of the Gaben!

We are the hat mahrens! WE ARE THE GABEN'S FURY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    April 2009
    1,766 Posts

This update, canonically, is 3 years in the future. Valve can still do anything they want with new updates, because they just take place before the Gray Army rises.

It's kinda like how Doomsday takes place in a specific year/date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,598 Posts
    The Half-Zatoichi is going to be awesome for this mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #56
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,850 Posts
    This update, canonically, is 3 years in the future. Valve can still do anything they want with new updates, because they just take place before the Gray Army rises.
    even then it' just a case of pulling a new story out of mid air

Bam blood sample taken. two new -albeit very young- blutarch and redmond's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,045 Posts

Eheh. Of course. Genius idea. How can we reintroduce Redmond and Blutarch?

Simple. Ignore the video, it's the thumbnail you want.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    June 2010
    6,311 Posts
    True, but it's not like them to write themselves in a corner with an end to the BLU/RED conflict. They usually make stuff up as they go and use the ambiguity to their advantage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59

June 2012
    81 Posts
    True, but it's not like them to write themselves in a corner with an end to the BLU/RED conflict. They usually make stuff up as they go and use the ambiguity to their advantage.
    Someone who read this week's Yahtzee's article.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    September 2010
    1,087 Posts
    heavy implication that Pyromania wasn't large
    Okay, so this just cements my point that Steam servers are gonna have a bad time of it tonight, when we DO get a massive update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #61
    April 2011
    640 Posts
    ready for the clocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    November 2010
    1,248 Posts
    Rather fitting right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    June 2010
    6,311 Posts
    Someone who read this week's Yahtzee's article.
    The concise phrasing is inspired, but anyone that frequents the HL3 thread is aware of these things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,893 Posts
    I fear tonight will be unplayable.

EVERYONE is gonna wanna play, the update will take 10 eternities to download...

All in all, i think i'll wait till it dies down to actually play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    This is TF2.

Obviously the next update is going to continue this storyline, with an alien invasion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    January 2012
    132 Posts
    This is TF2.

Obviously the next update is going to continue this storyline, with an alien invasion.
    I knew i wasn't the only one who was thinking about aliens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

27. Post #67
    April 2011
    5,477 Posts
    This is TF2.

Martie Mann?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2010
    6,311 Posts
    This is TF2.

of undead cowboys with funny accents riding on eagles through the nearest [Mann Co. rival here] weapon depot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

29. Post #69
    April 2012
    246 Posts
    I setup a 24slot public server for our thread.

IP: 85.131.149.171:27015

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,901 Posts

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,612 Posts

It'd be good if they respawned younger, like they were in that family photo and with slight amnesia.

'Where were we?'
    'Fighting. Probably for 150 years!'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    October 2009
    9,438 Posts

If anything, MvM is the "end" of TF2, and the normal gameplay just takes place before it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    Aaand we're back to our regularly scheduled V8 programming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,660 Posts
    And we're back!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #75
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,713 Posts
    Welcome back guys. No more autolock worries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,660 Posts
    No! It was my moment to shine and you took it from me you ninja!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,689 Posts
    god damn it the old one locked and i had a typo and now i can't edit out

thanks a lot autumn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    glorious.

Let's celebrate

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    June 2011
    8,795 Posts
    I think we can all agree that Orkel is a terrible moderator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 7Funny x 2Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,630 Posts
    If there is music that plays during the final boss of the MvM gamemode I will mod it to this:

And it will be glorious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)