1. Post #81
    July 2009
    2,490 Posts
    Do you think Soldier + Direct Hit + Buff Banner + The great escape plan is a good combo for MvM?
    It's pretty hard to miss the bots since they all walk in clusters, but there are still probably better rocket launcher choices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #82
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,596 Posts
    Kill all sons of bitches. That's my official instructions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree x 36Winner x 7Artistic x 4Funny x 2Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    For everyone who is saying the scout is useless. Take the winger and fully upgrade its firing speed and ammo. It'll rip through anything, stopped the bomb getting set off last minute so many times with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,177 Posts
    Does Natascha still slows down the bots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,977 Posts
    ScoRes with all the upgrades.

Blows giants and tanks like a monster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,730 Posts
    Get the Mini sentry first as an engineer. extra defense is much better. also if more engineers more sentry busters will come. so 1 Good engineer is much better than having a bunch of bad/good engineers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #87
    April 2011
    8,124 Posts
    Direct hit is fine when you buff damage on it and use it on giants.

You won't need bigger clip, buy faster reload instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Demoman's sticky launcher is god-tier with just a few upgrades. At the start of a wave, ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE GO KRITZ MEDIC. Have them uber you and place 8 critical stickies. This will at least destroy the first group, or do a chunk of damage to a tank. 8 crit stickies placed together can even take out one or more giants. When the medic's done kritzing they can simply kill themselves and respawn as medic with normal uber, or as their normal class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,977 Posts
    Spies should sap sentry busters as soon they spawn.

When sapped they star the countdown and blow down taking all the other bots arround him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 12Useful Useful x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    July 2010
    1,659 Posts
    ScoRes and a crit canteen with maximum reload upgrade makes taking out tanks easier than it should be.

11. Post #91
    Dedicated to the facepunch title flaming brigade
    October 2011
    730 Posts
    fully upgraded beggars + buff banner and crit canteen = win

12. Post #92
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,353 Posts
    Played a game with mainly engineers just leap frogging backwards (if we even needed to) via teleports. Engineer team, best team.

You just need someone to pick up all that cash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    November 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Brass beast + max ammo/fire rate/health

it's beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

14. Post #94
    March 2011
    1,737 Posts
    Brass beast + max ammo/fire rate/health

it's beautiful
    Also useful is stocking up on Uber Canteens with Penetration Upgrades.

You can hold the line and distract Giants for your team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,333 Posts
    Go engie.
    Set up two way teleporters.
    No one complains about anything you do from then on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    Go Pyro.

W+M1 is not only true, but a viable tactic. I literally sit next to the robot spawn area and wait for them to jump down. They focus on the sentry and other players and I just rape them from the side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    November 2011
    2,663 Posts
    fists of steel + all resistance upgrades = ??????????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    April 2011
    8,124 Posts
    Go Pyro.

W+M1 is not only true, but a viable tactic. I literally sit next to the robot spawn area and wait for them to jump down. They focus on the sentry and other players and I just rape them from the side.
    This is way too common.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #99
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,819 Posts
    Tactics? ummmmm..... Shoot robots until they go boom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 9Dumb Dumb x 7Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    July 2009
    6,008 Posts
    My friends and I tried 5 Engineers and 1 Heavy.

The normal bots could only make it a fraction of a the way through the map, giant bots only survived for so much longer, and Sentry Buster Bots had their shit handed to them literally the second they set foot on the map since we all went batshit insane on them with our wranglers all at once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    July 2010
    1,659 Posts
    Max upgrade the wrench with speed upgrades, helps WAY more than you would think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,612 Posts
    Pyro with standard Flamer, max health on kill.
    Burn everything that has a grey skin and is running towards my general direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    As medic to get a quick uber, I use the ubersaw + canteen uber so I can hit a few times the robots to charge my medigun ubercharge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,900 Posts
    Mann Up mode.
    Where no tactics can help you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 31Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,573 Posts
    Those giant soldiers with medics. Good how I hate them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #106
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,675 Posts
    with tanks, before the round starts, have most of your team demomen and one medic with a kritzkrieg (even if he doesn't want to play medic) and let demomen lay down stickies in the tank path while the medic ubers them so they're all crits. then, after that's all done, the medic can choose whatever class

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,573 Posts
    The co-op mode seems to be down at the moment. Or is it just me?

28. Post #108
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,675 Posts
    also pyros need to use airblast on bomb carriers to push back offensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Is Mann Up mode actually harder than boot camp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 22Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,050 Posts
    What do you guys think of this:

6 engineers. Two with wranglers, build just their sentry guns, and take on all the defense. Two with short circuits, can build teleporters if needed, shoot down rockets and nades, and take out the ones that make it past the wrangler'd sentries. And finally, two that build just dispensers and take care of the repairs, upgrades, and giving the sentries ammo. Since everybody built just one building, sentry busters will be practically no threat. The rest of the engineers that never built sentries could possibly put some down in other spots, but they don't take much priority.

31. Post #111
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,900 Posts
    Is Mann Up mode actually harder than boot camp?
    I think it's just on advanced all the time.
    No easy mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,479 Posts
    My tactics consist of trying to enter a game. Still hasn't worked out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #113
    May 2011
    5,227 Posts
    Tactics- play well, and the second you see a giant scout, call it a game and give up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny x 7Disagree x 5Agree x 3Winner x 1Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    Tactics-call it a game and give up
    fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,957 Posts
    Heavy
    Engineer
    Demo
    Medic (with kritzkrieg)
    Scout
    Pyro

Scout picks up all money and kites enemies, and kills the spy when he appears
    Engineer covers chokepoints
    Pyro deals a lot of damage and airblasts bigger enemies
    Demo stickyspams, uses most of the kritzcharge
    Medic heals and builds charge
    Heavy deals a lot of damage

Before each round, use the kritzcharge to lay stickies every here and there (you'll have another charge in a couple of seconds anyway).

(Optional) Use voice communication, say where the bigger enemies are, if there is a spy around etc.

GG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,134 Posts
    My tactic is to play and not collect any money because upgrade stations don't work for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    October 2010
    10,393 Posts
    Scouts are absolutely devastating when the team allows them to get all the money, I was overhealed 600 health and mowing down the super heavies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118

May 2011
    909 Posts
    scouts job is to get all dat money, supposedly a fully upgraded clipsize/damage/reload force of nature is unbelievably godly but i havent had a chance to try it yet. also mad milk for the slow and sandman because with upgrades you can carry like 4 balls

soldier is the all-arounder, max out your banner (dont use shotty banner helps more imo) and then reload speed/clip size/ammo/damage of your launcher

pyro needs health on kill, once you have it on your flamer buff your ammo count and damage and then trogdor everything to death

demo should carry scottish resistance and ammo/reload speed, giants are so predictable you can hit them with like 20 stickies and make them die horribly, i've heard the loch 'n load is good but idk

demoknights are best with the zatoichi, make sure you get an uber canteen and upgrade crits for kill and then defensive upgrades after, proceed to utterly demolish waves (only get hp per kill if you aren't using the zatoichi)

heavy's best with brass beast, just max damage/ammo/fire rate/etc and mow down everything

engie should be self-explanatory

medics deciding between kritz and uber depends on your teammates but in general upgrade your uber charge/duration

snipers first duty is to max jarate and hurl it on everything remotely dangerous, after that max rifle reload/damage/ammo and just rapidfire noscope everything to death forever

spy is probably the least useful, remember your disguise fools all the robots 100% of the time, max knife armor penetration/attack speed, wait for giants to appear, shove your knife up their butt until they die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    I played Heavy on the Mann Co map. An Engineer built a sentry on top of the stacked wood on the left balcony of the building facing the Robot spawning area. Right below his sentry, he built a dispenser. I had put some points into blast damage resistance (Because Soldier waves are fucking devastating otherwise) and I jumped up and stood next to his sentry.

I did a great job of assisting my teammates below, and every now and then when I'd start getting random crits I would mow down entire groups with ease. After a while I could afford the "destroy projectiles" upgrade, and neither Soldier/Demomen groups nor Giant soldiers ever had a chance against me or the Engineer's sentry. Even more fun was when I filled my canteen with Critical hits, now the ability to mow down large groups, Giant enemies, and bring the Tankers down to half health, was all in the grasp of my hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    January 2011
    3,816 Posts
    For now, Wait on the menu...