1. Post #41
    March 2011
    4,109 Posts
    "The life of a gamer is very intense!"

*Shows some scrawny guys in chairs hunched over with their eyes a inch away from the screen, breathing heavily.*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,830 Posts
    haha us gamers man

us gamers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

3. Post #43
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,419 Posts
    "e-sports focused film" aka "look at this fat, basement dwelling, cheeto encrusted, monster swiveling, hambeast of a neckbeard play video games for 16 hours a day".
    It's probably going to be more like "look at this skinny Korean play SC2 for 16 hours a day"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,805 Posts
    I'm starting to get annoyed at how they are announcing everything EXCEPT half-life 3/ep3.

Edit:
    I mean I'd be happy if they said ANYTHING regarding it. Hell an acknowledgement that they are actively working on it would be more than enough. Even if they just said the name I'd be happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,113 Posts
    I was hoping for something at least animated, not a documentary. Something like the Meet the Team videos only 2 hours long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    ‘the life of professional gamers’
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,838 Posts
    So apparently they started in 2011, well then this fits http://m.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.d...emplate=wapart

"A Medford man is being featured in a documentary about the life of professional gamers produced by a national video game software company."

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,925 Posts
    The GTTV hosts twitter says valve will also be talking about Source Filmmaker

9. Post #49
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,845 Posts
    I can't think of a fat professional e sports player
    I can.

But you're focusing on the wrong thing in his post, you should be focusing on him implying that progamers aren't successful at all, and that they're just fat bastards living off their parents in a basement.
    And that's completely wrong.

Actually, some Korean progamers have problems evading fans, whenever Jaedong shows up to play some Starcraft, he gets bloody showered in fangirls, and their gifts.

(And we all know you're successful when chicks just throw themselves at you.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Dennab
    May 2012
    990 Posts

How about they fucking release their long overdue game already??!?!?! That seems like a good idea right?!

Oh my fucking god.

(User was banned for this post ("Reaction image again" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,234 Posts

How about they fucking release their long overdue game already??!?!?! That seems like a good idea right?!

Oh my fucking god.
    It's not overdue, there's no set release date, have patience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    May 2012
    990 Posts
    Overdue on my terms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,367 Posts
    It'll be a DoTA 2 advertisement. Calling it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,432 Posts
    I want Episode 3 so we can get Episode 4

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,628 Posts

Oh my fucking god.
    I know it's overdue but just be patient, it's coming out next week for $15!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,816 Posts
    I'm fucking amazed that people keep using him to plug their terrible, vaguely gamer related shit. It should give you some indication that he's old news when the majority of games he played competitively aren't just dead, but are of dead series.

17. Post #57
    March 2011
    4,109 Posts
    I can.

But you're focusing on the wrong thing in his post, you should be focusing on him implying that progamers aren't successful at all, and that they're just fat bastards living off their parents in a basement.
    And that's completely wrong.

Actually, some Korean progamers have problems evading fans, whenever Jaedong shows up to play some Starcraft, he gets bloody showered in fangirls, and their gifts.

(And we all know you're successful when chicks just throw themselves at you.)
    Breaking news; thousands of scrawny teenagers from Western parts of the world and Europe move to Korea, more at eleven.

18. Post #58
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,404 Posts
    Gabe.
    I never asked for this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,512 Posts
    i wonder if they're going to do the movie in Source Filmmaker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts

Oh my fucking god.

Seriously though Valve there is nothing wrong with this or doing any kind of project you wish but for god's sake you should be doing something about Half Life 3 and not beating around the bush.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #61
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,750 Posts
    I don't even see a single damn reason why Valve is even working on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #62
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,808 Posts
    We shouldn't judge how awful it'll be until we see a trailer, or something. We know VALVe, they're going to find some way to make this at least mildly interesting. I'm keeping my faith that they haven't gone stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    E-sports can be entertaining as shit if you know the game that's being played, and the game works for a tournament.

That's one of my all time favourite e-sport matches, even if people who don't play the game might have no idea what the fuck is happening. I couldn't watch a LoL or DOTA match and be entertained.

24. Post #64
    1998 - Half-Life
    2004 - Half-Life 2
    2006 - Episode 1
    2007 - Episode 2
    Fall 2012 not one word on Episode 3

Bull fucking shit it's not overdue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,604 Posts
    omg GamerLifeMovie = 3 words
    Gamer=half
    half life 3 movie confirmed
    we already know valve is making the game they just haven't said anything about it

26. Post #66
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,922 Posts
    You guys seem to be so entitled to something that doesn't even exist yet as far as we know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,925 Posts
    2 hours until it airs.

28. Post #68

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    It's like they don't want to work on HL3 and they ran out of games to make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,773 Posts
    Why does anyone think there needs to be a movie about the life of a gamer.

Gamers lives aren't that exciting.
    Maybe they'll employ all that whacko mood and brain activity sensors they've been toying around with. I agree yeah, the our lives aren't terribly interesting, but while playing a game our brains are doing some crazy shit. number crunching, processing visual feedback and stimuli, running scenarios, forecasting predictions, writing plans, making snap decisions and adapting to changing situations in a matter of seconds, or in some cases tenths of a second.

Watching someone play is pretty dull, seeing what's going on in his head while they're doing it would be damn interesting.

30. Post #70
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    what the fuck?

Its 1 am and instead of the gabe interview its Cheaters on.

31. Post #71
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,266 Posts
    Should hear something about a possible movie, but it could just be SFM.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,973 Posts
    1998 - Half-Life
    2004 - Half-Life 2
    2006 - Episode 1
    2007 - Episode 2
    Fall 2012 not one word on Episode 3

Bull fucking shit it's not overdue
    well hey maybe if we're lucky we'll get a leak this year and the game will be postponed till 2013 but will be completely different from the leak?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,266 Posts
    Looks like it's confirmed. We're getting a documentary.

34. Post #74
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    Guys I missed it, what happened?

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,925 Posts
    Guys I missed it, what happened?
    Pro-Dota Players Documentry, some chat on Big Screen mode, and now they're talking about Source Filmmaker and they're going to show a CS:GO trailer. Check the HL3 general thread, we are talking about it there.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    856 Posts
    "You'll never get HL3 if you eat me"

37. Post #77
    September 2011
    1,517 Posts
    A TF2 movie would have been at least acceptable(and pretty goddamn awesome, too), but this..
    Bleughh

38. Post #78
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    Looks like valve is really trying to not to start on HL3.

I quess my Toxx is my destiny :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    Dennab
    June 2012
    1,199 Posts
    Why does anyone think there needs to be a movie about the life of a gamer.

Gamers lives aren't that exciting.
    They're quite sad, with the people they cover.

40. Post #80
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,367 Posts
    It'll be a DoTA 2 advertisement. Calling it now.
    [h2]I AM A PSYCHIC.[/h2]

Please line up in front of me to get your palm read. Bring money.

Edited:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/17/va...2-documentary/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)