1. Post #1
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    Do you think "being outside the gender binary" is real?

(FYI the gender binary is pretty much just the existence of male and female and possibly intersex, outside would be genderqueer and trans* and everything that falls under those two previous terms)

I'm genderqueer myself, and have never understood people who believe there are ONLY two genders and nothing more. Every time I try to discuss it, the other always gets really out of hand.

(User was banned for this post ("No debate presented, asking for opinions" - Megafan))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,189 Posts
    physically, you can only be one gender naturally. mentally i guess you can consider yourself to be male or female or both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    physically, you can only be one gender naturally. mentally i guess you can consider yourself to be male or female or both.
    What about intersex?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,134 Posts
    gender and sex are different

5. Post #5
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    Off topic, but why can't I rate these posts?

6. Post #6
    President of the Westboro Baptist Church Fan Club
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,084 Posts
    Off topic, but why can't I rate these posts?
    Because you should use your words and ideas to debate not ratings.

Edited:

garry knows that you're trying to rate people so he personally turned off your rating abilities.

7. Post #7
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    Isn't the purpose of having ratings to rate? Also, I do let people know with my words.

Edited:

gender and sex are different
    I'd like opinions on both, actually. Really looking for someone who disagrees on the existence of anything outside the gender binary in regards to gender.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,972 Posts
    Do you think "being outside the gender binary" is real?

(FYI the gender binary is pretty much just the existence of male and female and possibly intersex, outside would be genderqueer and trans* and everything that falls under those two previous terms)

I'm genderqueer myself, and have never understood people who believe there are ONLY two genders and nothing more. Every time I try to discuss it, the other always gets really out of hand.
    Aren't people with nonstandard self gender views still inside the gender binary though?

If I understand correctly the gender binary is Male<>Female. And it was my understanding that people with nonstandard gender views still generally view themselves as members of one of the two genders which does not coincide with their sex. Honestly in a lot of ways I don't see someone outside of the gender binary.

All of us generally have male and female aspects and generally one is stronger hence defining our gender in some ways. Some people might utterly not care what gender they are, but they will still generally exhibit some small behavioural changes depending on their physical sex. In which case they will still roughly identify with one gender in the very least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

9. Post #9
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    Aren't people with nonstandard self gender views still inside the gender binary though?

If I understand correctly the gender binary is Male<>Female. And it was my understanding that people with nonstandard gender views still generally view themselves as members of one of the two genders which does not coincide with their sex. Honestly in a lot of ways I don't see someone outside of the gender binary.

All of us generally have male and female aspects and generally one is stronger hence defining our gender in some ways. Some people might utterly not care what gender they are, but they will still generally exhibit some small behavioural changes depending on their physical sex. In which case they will still roughly identify with one gender in the very least.
    Well that's the gender binary, but most people (so far as I know) rate their gender identity usually by rating how masculine or feminine they feel they are. (Did an exercise with a genderbread person at camp, will show if asked)

10. Post #10
    Ask Baphomet:

It is male and female. Notice the female and male sides, tits and erection.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,438 Posts
    What do all these various gender terms being used (intersex, genderqueer, genderbread, etc.) mean?

And since gender (rather than sex) is a psychological state, it couldn't be truly binary, there will always be variation from the two "extremes" (in this case, male and female).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #12
    August 2012
    235 Posts
    intersex is basically differing degrees of being a hermaphrodite. Genderqueer is basically anything that isnt male or female, and umbrella term covering genders such as :Trans*, gender fluid (being both genders, but sliding back and forth on the feminine masculine scale), androgynous (neither gender, basically blank) genderbreadman was just a part of a worksheet