1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    168 Posts

http://www.gmtower.org/
    Server IP: join.gmtower.org

After shutting down on January 1st, 2012, I’m proud to announce that GMod Tower is back once again and better than ever. Today we have launched our public beta and it is now fully available to everyone who has a copy of Garry’s Mod. We have also released a new gamemode, Zombie Massacre, a top-down zombie arcade shooter frenzy. You can view the gamemode’s new trailer below.

What is GMod Tower?
    GMod Tower is a project that combines many different genres of gamemodes together into one central hub, the lobby. GMod Tower, as a lobby, features personal suites, tons of player customizations, store full of interesting items, theater, arcades, events/parties, achievements and milestones, and lots of other great things for you to enjoy with your friends.

So What's New With Tower?
    We have made an entire page dedicated to all the changes that have occurred. You can visit this page at: http://www.gmtower.org/beta/

Among those changes, there is also a massive changelog from April 12, 2012 till today.

To sum it up for you we have:
    * A new gamemode, Zombie Massacre
    * 12+ new maps for gamemodes
    * New UI and look
    * Tons of bug fixes
    * New items, such as the Playable Piano and Bone modifications
    * New features, such as improved third person, better theater support
    * Lots of game balancing and tweaks for all of our gamemodes
    * Better, timelier support and project tracking
    * New sounds, achievements, and effects
    * Clean up of useless stuff
    * Easier to install content

A Little Something For Those That Remember GMT
    I'm sure you all remember GMod Tower, you know, the lobby based gamemode that featured different other gamemodes all interconnected together to form a unique experience on GMod. Since the shut down, we have been completely changing the experience. The gamemode is no longer plagued by the issues of the past. We do not tolerate admin abuse, we don't support/allow any misconduct by our staff, we don't give out items to random people, and a lot of other terrible previous things don't exist on the server and are not done to the server. We have cleaned up all the bullshit. Our goal is to provide a good experience for every person. Including all the above, we have reset our entire database, meaning you will have to start from scratch again. However this time, it will be a better experience, and thus, more fun.

Okay, So How Do I Play?
    You’ll need to download the content, available on http://www.gmtower.org/index.php?p=downloads. After downloading all the content, you can connect to our servers via the IP: join.gmtower.org -or- 199.59.160.183:27015

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you all in GMod Tower once again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 24Winner Winner x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    but does it have elevators?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,965 Posts
    I just played Zombie Massacre. It's totally awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2008
    700 Posts
    I really wish this was more successful when it was first released. It just wasn't as polished and complete as it should have been.

Good luck this time around, gonna try it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,659 Posts
    Are pre-closure bans still in effect?

Appears I'm not banned never mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,632 Posts
    Oh god yes.
    Yeeeeesssssss.

I fucking loved gmod tower. I found out about it only a couple months before it died but it was still kickass as fuck.

Edited:

Awwwww you reset all the items and stuff...

7. Post #7
    July 2012
    60 Posts
    played it until 9/10 people where giant admin miku hatsunes noclipping around spamming props and killing everyone with rocket launchers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2008
    40 Posts
    played it until 9/10 people where giant admin miku hatsunes noclipping around spamming props and killing everyone with rocket launchers
    Please refer to the bottom of this page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,632 Posts
    I am going to hazard a guess that jetpacks are still in right?

I am redownloading the files right now...

Edited:

They were my one of my favorite things. How you could jetpack up and access a secret store with a portal prop for your room.

10. Post #10
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,659 Posts
    The new scoreboard is visually appealing, easy to use and navigate, and most of all informative.

Edited:

I just crashed while afk browsing the GMT forums. I was on the ball race server.

11. Post #11
    October 2008
    447 Posts
    When they brought GMT back to life, they got rid of all the "priv admins" and such. Also, now the admins are much better and non-abusive. So basically it's no longer like that at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2011
    44 Posts
    This is probably the sexiest gamemode in gmod. I never really liked standing around in a lobby though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    279 Posts
    It should do what it didn't do last time and actually connect the community rather then just existing as a lobby. Make links to other communities and become a hub rather then just being a massive empty space.

Use your idea to create some function rather then just having it and doing nothing with it. That was the main reason it failed last time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 6Funny x 2Dumb x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    204 Posts
    This looks seriously awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2009
    1,088 Posts
    Glad to see it's back again, if I get the time tonight I'll definitely check it out.

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    I've been following this for a while, can't wait to go back from my vacation to go join the beta.

17. Post #17
    February 2009
    282 Posts
    I've got a problem where if I try to play a video on my TV or walk into the theater, my game crashes. It worked the first time I played yesterday, but now it crashes every time.

18. Post #18

May 2010
    1,097 Posts
    how do you do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,391 Posts
    Featuring maps by me(!)

Edited:

Ignore the fact that half of them are broken, I was camping

Edited:

I've got a problem where if I try to play a video on my TV or walk into the theater, my game crashes. It worked the first time I played yesterday, but now it crashes every time.
    Disabling hardware acceleration in Flash settings will get rid of these undesired effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I don't like the privacy of this gamemode but I'll still give it a try.
    Downloading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,106 Posts
    Wow.

Its great and all, but WHAT in gods name did you do to pvp mode?

It used to be incredibly fast, skill based, and really fun.

Now its just plain terrible.

Why?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,582 Posts
    Wow.

Its great and all, but WHAT in gods name did you do to pvp mode?

It used to be incredibly fast, skill based, and really fun.

Now its just plain terrible.

Why?!?
    well now he can improve the gamemode based on your constructive criticism...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,106 Posts
    well now he can improve the gamemode based on your constructive criticism...
    Ok.

The game-play overall is just painfully slow and boring now, you go at what feels like half speed, everyone has way more hp, most of the weapons do pitiful damage, headshots no longer insta-kill and infact do nothing (or give you that satisfying 'HACKER' announcement), and finally you have absolutely no idea if you're actually hitting someone or not...

Do I need to go on?

There were times where I'd just follow someone pumping bullets into the back of his head and he would just absorb all the damage and walk away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2010
    12,391 Posts
    Ok.

The game-play overall is just painfully slow and boring now, you go at what feels like half speed, everyone has way more hp, most of the weapons do pitiful damage, headshots no longer insta-kill and infact do nothing (or give you that satisfying 'HACKER' announcement), and finally you have absolutely no idea if you're actually hitting someone or not...

Do I need to go on?

There were times where I'd just follow someone pumping bullets into the back of his head and he would just absorb all the damage and walk away.
    Mac changed the health back to what it was

and get this-- if you press shift you go at the speed you used to!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,170 Posts
    Im not sure if this is normal for the GMT 2 Updater so....

Apparently during Updating it suddenly says "Operation canceled". I hit update again, then when it trys to update the other files recently installed by it, it says "Opening Directory Locked, clean up and Continue?", when I click Continue, it just pops right back up again, and again, and again until I cancel it, and after I cancel it it still installs things.

Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong?

26. Post #26
    October 2009
    5,687 Posts
    join tower

rush it to gamemode ports

NO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2008
    740 Posts
    Played this for a bit yesterday. The zombie gamemode is fucking awesome - Nice work bringing GMT back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    February 2010
    12,391 Posts
    Downtown should be updated today so the chimera cant get outside the map, and props will have collision.

29. Post #29
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Disabling hardware acceleration in Flash settings will get rid of these undesired effects.
    This does not work for me. With and without hardware acceleration, I still crash most(yet not all?) of the time, when exposed to the theatre and TVs.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    168 Posts
    join tower

rush it to gamemode ports

NO!
    Yeah, sorry about that. The server's restarted and the panels weren't created. I was too busy sleeping to get them back online. They are now online and ready to play again.

As for the theater crashing issue, we're waiting for GM13 to come out so we can use the built in Awesomium. For now, I'm working on a fix to just use the default HTML panels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Still can't get a playable piano for 10k from anyone.
    Back to the grindingboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    Just play five rounds of chimera or ball race.

Also, I keep crashing when I join gamemodes, about a fourth of the time. This happens when downloading a ain or cache file. The game doesn't bring up a crash dialog, but the download does not finish. During this time, the game is unresponsive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    February 2010
    12,391 Posts
    Still can't get a playable piano for 10k from anyone.
    Back to the grindingboard.
    UCH Pays well, as well as Ballrace assuming you go for bananas and finish the level

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,106 Posts
    Im not sure if this is normal for the GMT 2 Updater so....

Apparently during Updating it suddenly says "Operation canceled". I hit update again, then when it trys to update the other files recently installed by it, it says "Opening Directory Locked, clean up and Continue?", when I click Continue, it just pops right back up again, and again, and again until I cancel it, and after I cancel it it still installs things.

Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong?
    This happened to me once, click the 'I broke it' button, that should fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    I joined, my console's broke and I can't hit esc to go to main menu. What do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    937 Posts
    Also, some antivirus software (nod32 specifically, maybe others) tend to mess with the updater for some reason, causing some files not to actually be written.
    So if you join the server after updating and are downloading a bunch of models, try updating again with your antivirus off.

One person told me that after his antivirus blocked the updater that, even though the files weren't there, it reported everything as up to date. You may need to delete your GMT_* addons and redownload them.

37. Post #37
    Supercocks
    September 2010
    8,715 Posts
    I remember playing Gmod Tower back in 2009. Glad to see it's back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,632 Posts
    I finally got in and queued for ball race.
    It tried to switch servers and then I got hl2.exe has stopped working.

I have yet to try again.
    Damn this low end laptop.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,598 Posts
    I've been trying to join for about an hour now. Still full.

I didn't know you implemented a Mann VS. Machine Release Day simulator into the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    80/64, seems legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)