1. Post #41
    January 2010
    5,900 Posts
    Does bias matter when we are talking about murder? Are we trying to disprove that he shot Lennon?
    You are as dumb as a fucking brick.

Bias matters completely. There is a reason we use the jury process for determining guilt in crimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,975 Posts
    Does bias matter when we are talking about murder? Are we trying to disprove that he shot Lennon?
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

We're arguing that you're holding a certain position based on the fact that you enjoyed somebody's music. Even if he made popular music, his killer shouldn't have to stay in prison longer than someone who killed the average Joe. He appears to be reformed, so we're saying let him have parole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

We're arguing that you're holding a certain position based on the fact that you enjoyed somebody's music. Even if he made popular music, his killer shouldn't have to stay in prison longer than someone who killed the average Joe. He appears to be reformed, so we're saying let him have parole.
    He needs to stay in jail because unlike some average Joe that may have a family after him for revenge this guy has hundreds of people pissed of and crazy enough to kill him. You are worse than I am for wanting to releasing a man who is probably doomed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    So punish someone because they hate him?

Let me try this: You should stay in the refugee camp because everyone in this thread is crazy enough to kill you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 17Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts
    ITT beatles fan fail to understand the concept of justice
    pretty much this

then again, if beatles fan wants the man to stay in after 32 years cause he killed john lennon

i wonder what the super fanatical fans will do to him once he gets out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    See how flawed the logic there is?

Give him a new name and identity if you have to, but don't punish him. He's reformed, that's justice.

Edited:

:ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #47
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,429 Posts
    First, we move Chapman to prison's "general population" if he's not already there. Because if he's been in a single person cell for this whole time, I don't think having no infractions for 18 years or whatever is really any proof he's ready to come back (because how would he "cause an infraction" if there's nobody to attack?).

Now, if he maintains good behavior when with most everyone else in the prison, then I say he's fine and he should come out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,520 Posts
    He needs to stay in jail because unlike some average Joe that may have a family after him for revenge this guy has hundreds of people pissed of and crazy enough to kill him. You are worse than I am for wanting to releasing a man who is probably doomed.
    Possibly doomed, not necessarily doomed.

9. Post #49
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    pretty much this

then again, if beatles fan wants the man to stay in after 32 years cause he killed john lennon

i wonder what the super fanatical fans will do to him once he gets out
    what kind of 'fanatical fans' does john lennon have?

the guy advocated peace, i'm sure he wouldn't want to be "avenged" or anything of the sort
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    So punish someone because they hate him?

Let me try this: You should stay in the refugee camp because everyone in this thread is crazy enough to kill you.
    Facepunch killer master race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts

Give him a new name and identity if you have to, but don't punish him. He's reformed, that's justice.

Edited:

yeah, pretty much, if he's reformed, then send him out with a new name and shit then keep an eye on him

im still convinced he'll at least be attacked now and then though

Edited:

the guy advocated peace, i'm sure he wouldn't want to be "avenged" or anything of the sort
    jesus advocated peace, see where that got his fans at?

have you seen fanatical john lennon fans

they're fucking crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts

Of course not, but he's already fairly hypocritical. And everyone has fanatical fans.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts

Edited:

Oh then he will he welcome in your home? Doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Yes. If a court system deems him fit as a member of society, I won't use that as a reason to keep him out of my home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,555 Posts
    I'm a beatles fan and I still say that he should go free, he served his time and is better now for it.

That's what prisons are for, reforming people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    If you kill Justin Bieber, One Direction and Lady Gaga within the next 72 hours, you can go free and labels get the idea that we don't want terrible music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,555 Posts
    ITT beatles fan fail to understand the concept of justice
    careful dude, ITT is bannable now

Edited:

If you kill Justin Bieber, One Direction and Lady Gaga within the next 72 hours, you can go free and labels get the idea that we don't want terrible music.
    "they make music i dont like so they should die"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    It seems okay. It's a very accurate summation of the entire thread, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    16,536 Posts
    If anything most of the beatles fan who care about it will just rant on facebook or twitter about how he got released and it'll stop there.

It's been 32 fucking years, the people who wanted Chapman dead to the point they even put bounties on his head have very likely decided to move on.

And Yoko Ono is a dumb bitch for wanting this man to stay in prison for the rest of his life. If she's so afraid she can always request a restraining order on him and hire a few bodyguards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #60
    February 2012
    810 Posts
    Of course not, but he's already fairly hypocritical. And everyone has fanatical fans.
    You're saying he's hypocritical because of one line from one of his songs. You didn't know John, who the fuck are you to say such ridiculous bullshit. It almost sounds like you're defending his actions.

Personally I don't feel any sympathy for the guy, he murdered a peaceful person just because they were a celebrity. Really don't care what happens to him but I certainly don't wish him to be released, he murdered a human being who didn't do anything, of course he's going to regret it after the fact, does not mean he's excused for his actions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    Yes. If a court system deems him fit as a member of society, I won't use that as a reason to keep him out of my home.
    So if the court system deemed jumping out of a plane without a parachute is safe would you do it? Honestly, I am all for rehabilitation of criminals but it doesn't always work. People have been released just to go right back to their old ways.

And only after you look back with hindsight do you say, oh fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts

Edited:

"they make music i dont like so they should die"
    It's not bad so much as lazily written and rushed out the door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    You're severely underestimating the insanity that every fanbase has. Obviously a vast majority of anything's fanbase is going to be normal, but there will always be those few that would want him dead and be so crazy as to go through with it.

Edited:

So if the court system deemed jumping out of a plane without a parachute is safe would you do it? Honestly, I am all for rehabilitation of criminals but it doesn't always work. People have been released just to go right back to their old ways.

But they wouldn't. Give an example of something they deemed safe with ample evidence of the contrary and your argument has merit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    16,536 Posts

Ever heard of a funny thing called common sense ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,555 Posts
    i never said it was bad.

i enjoy lady gaga's music personally.

26. Post #66
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Honestly, I am all for rehabilitation of criminals but it doesn't always work.
    Here you're admitting that you believe it works, at least sometimes. What makes this case special that it's a guaranteed failure and he is not rehabilitated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    You're severely underestimating the insanity that every fanbase has. Obviously a vast majority of anything's fanbase is going to be normal, but there will always be those few that would want him dead and be so crazy as to go through with it.

Edited:

But they wouldn't. Give an example of something they deemed safe with ample evidence of the contrary and your argument has merit.
    No matter how many machines we use we can't fully read the human brain, there is no way you can absolutely prove someone has changed. Sometimes the person them self don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,555 Posts

my god you can almost TASTE the bias coming off of your posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    i never said it was bad.

i enjoy lady gaga's music personally.
    Lady Gaga is not the worst, but she got really lazy after her first few OK songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,555 Posts
    there is no way you can absolutely prove someone has changed.
    There's no way to know they HAVEN'T

you just debunked your own argument, good job

Edited:

Lady Gaga is not the worst, but she got really lazy after her first few OK songs.
    i dont want this to become an opinion war but you seem cool so it's safe to share what i think

honestly her earlier work seems silly compared to the stuff on her latest album.

it's an acquired taste though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    my god you can almost TASTE the bias coming off of your posts
    Yeah, it's delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    No matter how many machines we use we can't fully read the human brain, there is no way you can absolutely prove someone has changed. Sometimes the person them self don't know.
    How the--what is-- what?

This makes zero sense. Either the person is thinking "I murdered someone. That was bad. I should not have done that and will not do it again." or they're thinking "Murder is justifiable because I wanted that person dead for [INSERT REASON HERE], I'm finally out and can do that again if I see fit."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    February 2012
    810 Posts
    He's probably not going to get released and then go kill another person. How does that mean we should release him? He targeted a celebrity he wanted dead and then did it. I don't think we should be encouraging the idea that if you want someone dead you can just go ahead and do it and serve a set period of time like it's some kind of price to pay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,520 Posts
    Some people can enjoy music you don't like, even if it is lazily written. If you dislike it so much it, you should try minimizing its impact on your life by not bringing it up when your taste in music is irrelevant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    There's no way to know they HAVEN'T

you just debunked your own argument, good job
    Would you stand next to a lion knowing he has been tamed so he MIGHT not attack you. Come on honestly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    16,536 Posts
    You are so obviously biased it hurts to read.

Earlier you stated that you were for the rehabilitation system, then you immediately said it didn't always work. Then what makes one case valid and the other one invalid ? How is that one man less eligible for rehabilitation than any other criminal that served their time (and even did about 12 extra years in his case) ? There is no reason to keep him behind bars.

You just want the man to stay in prison because you are hating him for the murder of a man you were not even alive to know back when he was killed, and you invent petty excuses to justify your bias such as "he may try to hurt Lennon's family" or "people may try to take revenge on him" or the all-so-dumb "you never know".

Grow the fuck up.

Edited:

And stop with the absurd analogies seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Would you stand next to a lion knowing he has been tamed so he MIGHT not attack you. Come on honestly?
    If a lion is tamed (definition: a handler has safely said that it will not attack a person because it's tame) I would have zero problems petting a lion.

In fact I would kill for that opportunity. Lions are fucking adorable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,684 Posts
    You are so obviously biased it hurts to read.

Earlier you stated that you were for the rehabilitation system, then you immediately said it didn't always work. Then what makes one case valid and the other one invalid ? How is that one man less eligible for rehabilitation than any other criminal that served their time (and even did about 12 extra years in his case) ? There is no reason to keep him behind bars.

You just want the man to stay in prison because you are hating him for the murder of a man you were not even alive to know back when he was killed, and you invent petty excuses to justify your bias such as "he may try to hurt Lennon's family" or "people may try to take revenge on him" or the all-so-dumb "you never know".

Grow the fuck up.

Edited:

And stop with the absurd analogies seriously
    I should grow up because my opinion towards someone doesn't meet yours?

Does it make you feel better that I have jury duty tomorrow? Honest to God...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    He's probably not going to get released and then go kill another person. How does that mean we should release him? He targeted a celebrity he wanted dead and then did it. I don't think we should be encouraging the idea that if you want someone dead you can just go ahead and do it and serve a set period of time like it's some kind of price to pay.
    Because he's served more than enough time, proved that he's rehabilitated and knows right from wrong, and can once again be a member of normal, working society.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    February 2012
    810 Posts
    So if I want a politician/celebrity dead and have 20-30 years to kill, I can just go out and shoot them? That's good to know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 2 (list)