1. Post #1
    August 2011
    221 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 63Late x 31Informative x 4Artistic x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    lol

op's failure aside, this is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    -no longer needed-

4. Post #4
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,079 Posts
    Think I saw this a few months ago, still awesome though

5. Post #5
    It's not so much a super fast camera as a super fast shutter speed.

It takes a single photo at like .0000000000000001 seconds and then does that many many many many many many times layering exposures.

Edit: How did I get 10 dumbs for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2011
    221 Posts

It takes a single photo at like .0000000000000001 seconds and then does that many many many many many many times layering exposures.
    I don't see what else somebody would be referring to when they say "fast camera".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    SK17a
    October 2010
    14,067 Posts
    Reposted often, I saw this like twice this month?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8

June 2012
    602 Posts
    Saw this a while back... Still awesome :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,575 Posts
    Oh wow imagen how much storage space is required to store that many pictures

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,707 Posts

cypher since you went out of your way to rate him dumb i think he's right. this isn't ONE light beam (or whatever) it is following. they turn the light / laser on and it takes ONE picture. then they do it again and again and compile all the images in the correct order to make it look like it is one when it is actually many different ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2011
    221 Posts
    Oh wow imagen how much storage space is required to store that many pictures
    Well based on the standard 2 hour estimate for 4.7 GB DVD's, that video of the bullet that he said would be about a year long would require about 20,000 GB of memory. That's 20 terabytes for about 2-3 seconds in real-time, and you'd need about 4,250 DVD's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Well based on the standard 2 hour estimate for 4.7 GB DVD's, that video of the bullet that he said would be about a year long would require about 20,000 GB of memory. That's 20 terabytes for about 2-3 seconds in real-time, and you'd need about 4,250 DVD's.
    Why do you think he actually took a video of that?

13. Post #13
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,600 Posts
    An xray without an xray?

So when does this technology become commercial and affordable?

14. Post #14
    December 2010
    6,443 Posts
    When can we see this cheap so we can fuck around with slow motion.

15. Post #15
    I don't see what else somebody would be referring to when they say "fast camera".
    A camera that can capture 1 trillion frames in one second and then store them is a huge difference from a camera that takes a single very fast picture many times repeatedly. The whole process they said takes like hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2009
    2,166 Posts
    A camera that can capture 1 trillion frames in one second and then store them is a huge difference from a camera that takes a single very fast picture many times repeatedly. The whole process they said takes like hours.
    Yeah, while it makes not much difference for a specific ray of light in a lab, I doubt you'd be able to do that bullet video, unless you had 1,000,000,000,000 bullets to spare.

17. Post #17
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    The most interesting thing is in the last 30 seconds.

The whole process is basically a new and very clever method of data analyzation and incredibly well done synchronization but the result, wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    So it's like a sonar, but it uses light instead of sound. That's genius.

I've love to see more of those videos, maybe hitting different mirrors and stuff like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    423 Posts
    :( ... I've bought my camera that shoots 60fps a while a go... i was so proud of those 60fps.... I was...

20. Post #20
    September 2009
    2,166 Posts
    :( ... I've bought my camera that shoots 60fps a while a go... i was so proud of those 60fps.... I was...
    It isn't obsolete yet. The little particle of light you see going through the bottle is not the same from a frame to another. It's not exaclty the same as a 1,000 billion FPS camera.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    177 Posts
    An xray without an xray?

So when does this technology become commercial and affordable?
    A whole new world of voyeurism suddenly opened up.