1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,324 Posts
    I don't trust them either, but I'd still be interested to know if there's actually anything to this or not.
    I'd like to see something that at least supports or disproves it before casting it aside.

Oh well, I'm a FPer so I guess I'll just rate box and complain about Glaber
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    14,915 Posts
    Libertarian garbage as per usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽
    March 2010
    8,064 Posts
    Why the fuck does Glaber ever post? It's like this every time.

4. Post #44
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    My mom works at a hospital and she says all of the strict rules and the large amount of documents everyone has to fill out to get compensated with Obamacare makes the job a lot more difficult than it used to be. One little screw up when filling out a form could be the difference between a penalty or not.
    So is half a million other things that have existed since before your mother was born, welcome to the wonderful world of medical field red tape.

Edited:

It sounds like that, but you also have to take senior health into account. Seniors are more vulnerable to health issues then younger people like us and thus may need more attention. Penalizing the hospitals they go to will just make things worse for them.
    I don't think you understand how this works.

5. Post #45
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,089 Posts
    there's a difference between aiding a political viewpoint and having political bias. fox news' very foundations are bias; and it's pretty well known that fox corporation is a major supporter of right-wing propaganda.
    Fox News was created by a bitter member of the Nixon Administration. It was reporters after all that caused Watergate to happen, so he wanted to never let the media expose something against a Republican again by creating a counter-media

He still runs Fox News to this day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,463 Posts
    I don't think you understand how this works.
    Oh? So tell me then. If you know how it works, why withhold information?

As far as I can tell, Seniors are more vulnerable and need to see doctors more often. Sometimes having to see them more than once a month. Now If the health care provider (Actual provider of care, not insurance) is penalized for their patient coming to them multiple times within a 30 day period, wouldn't that deter them from caring for the senior patient?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts

As far as I can tell, Seniors are more vulnerable and need to see doctors more often. Sometimes having to see them more than once a month. Now If the health care provider (Actual provider of care, not insurance) is penalized for their patient coming to them multiple times within a 30 day period, wouldn't that deter them from caring for the senior patient?
    If you can somehow prove to me that any of this causes crippling problems to seniors, problems that are unequivocally more harmful then living in a healthcare system that trades life for money, then you can tell me that this is a legitimate problem.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    639 Posts
    Only unbiased sources should be allowed here, like Daily Kos and addictinginfo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,089 Posts
    I've been against those being used for sources too

Huffington Post is some tabloid-like piece of shit 99% of the time unless it has the story first

10. Post #50
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,371 Posts

I may be wrong here, but doesn't being readmitted mean you are being admitted to hospital due to the same illness you were discharged with earlier?

Also, don't most people (Seniors included) receive their ongoing treatment from a doctor's surgery or a hospital's outpatients ward (and if you're an outpatient, you're not considered to be readmitted)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    you gotta remember that fox news is the same company that used james o'keefe as a source. A guy who lied again and again to make planned parenthood and acorn look bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1204280

Please read this and try to justify private healthcare.
    According to that article, Wells Fargo is claiming the man was fired for other reasons not related to the health care expenses, so how does that help build a case against private health care?

13. Post #53
    July 2012
    354 Posts
    Here's what I don't get, Glaber. You post threads in some misguided attempt to make the Obama government look bad, to a community made up almost entirely of liberal, atheistic democrats, who waste no time at all in calling Fox News out for the shitty news source it is and pointing out just WHY the steps taken by the Obama administration are a good thing for the quality of healthcare.

What are you trying to prove, exactly, and who are you hoping to convince? It ought to be clear by now that Facepunch isn't the most appreciative audience for neoconservative drivel. Or does getting ridiculed by people get you off? I can't tell whether you're a masochist, exceptionally stubborn, or not very smart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,473 Posts
    Here's what I don't get, Glaber. You post threads in some misguided attempt to make the Obama government look bad, to a community made up almost entirely of liberal, atheistic democrats, who waste no time at all in calling Fox News out for the shitty news source it is and pointing out just WHY the steps taken by the Obama administration are a good thing for the quality of healthcare.

What are you trying to prove, exactly, and who are you hoping to convince? It ought to be clear by now that Facepunch isn't the most appreciative audience for neoconservative drivel. Or does getting ridiculed by people get you off? I can't tell whether you're a masochist, exceptionally stubborn, or not very smart.
    He is doing the Lord's work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    June 2010
    4,727 Posts
    Glaber's a troll. Report him as such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,875 Posts
    The mere fact that the article uses the term "Obamacare" destroys it's credibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    According to that article, Wells Fargo is claiming the man was fired for other reasons not related to the health care expenses, so how does that help build a case against private health care?
    It's called lying. Think about it, if you fired somebody just to avoid paying for their expensive insurance and then their daughter died, would you openly admit to it?

Hell no, your business would go out in like 6 months, one way or the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    beep
    January 2006
    7,444 Posts
    because corporations (especially banks) never lie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)