1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,466 Posts
    My firefox seems to have automatically disabled Java.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 17Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,056 Posts
    Went and disabled it.

3. Post #43
    on a 1-10 how ban is this thing?

Can you use adblock and greasemonkey on chrome? No you can't, give me a reason why chrome is better I dare you.
    because firefox is a chronic bloody piece of shit

seriously though, Chrome runs insanely well for me

it also tells me this
    Tubor Was rated:
    43 x Dumb
    19 x Funny
    16 x Agree

AKA it warns me when a "Fucking idiot" is in the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Okay Chrome has finally gotten addons, Still where's the reason why its better?
    Shut up, there is never a time and place for such a dumb discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Contains Vitamin K!
    January 2011
    6,692 Posts
    It's telling me to download a 'critical security update'. Worrying.
    Can't get it because it's only for Lion, so I am forced to disable :( Good thing we got this news quickly

6. Post #46
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,385 Posts
    Okay Chrome has finally gotten addons, Still where's the reason why its better?

I have installed it a few days and did not like the ui (heck I did not like the UI in firefox 4 either but i changed it so it looks like ff3) and for some reason it runs slower than firefox for me.
    firefox master race!11111
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

7. Post #47
    May 2010
    913 Posts
    I was going to freak out but then I realized my Chromebook doesn't even support Java.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,062 Posts
    I found a download link for v6 if you are on v7 and need to roll back.
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/Java-Ru...ram_16852.html
    Uninstall v7 from add/remove programs and install this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Useful Useful x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    August 2012
    69 Posts
    It seems you are clearly being butthurt, firefox is better and always will for me.

You guys used to like it what the fuck happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP China Show Events Dumb Dumb x 82Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,603 Posts
    It seems you are clearly being butthurt, firefox is better and always will for me.

No one gives a fucking shit if you think your dick is better than chrome, please shut up, this isn't relevant to the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 28Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,526 Posts
    Nevermind, I don't even have javascript installed on my chrome.
    Not the same thing. Java is different. Follow MrEndangered's instructions of the first page if you wish to disable it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,385 Posts

You can almost taste the bias.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2010
    1,386 Posts
    does having chrome set on click-to-enable plugins help at all with this? I still disabled java but just wondering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    May 2010
    913 Posts

That's quite a lot of opinion you've got.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,908 Posts
    I found a download link for v6 if you are on v7 and need to roll back.
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/Java-Ru...ram_16852.html
    Uninstall v7 from add/remove programs and install this.

Couldn't you just use version 6 from Java's website?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,440 Posts
    Never had it enabled to start with.

17. Post #57
    does having chrome set on click-to-enable plugins help at all with this? I still disabled java but just wondering.
    Chrome asks you to use Java by default anyway.

18. Post #58
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,603 Posts
    Guys I don't think you should be downgrading it, disable it instead. Who knows how old this exploit may be, this seems pretty big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,941 Posts
    Could anyone point me to a means of finding out what version of Java I have?

On the chrome plugins screen is says 10.something. That doesn't sound like the versions in the OP.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,231 Posts
    1.7 right? I have 1.6! yay, being a lazy cunt saved me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,908 Posts
    I have 64bit Java. It isn't enable on Firefox being that it's a 32bit application.
    http://javatester.org/version.html

22. Post #62
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    In the form in which it was discovered, the exploit only works on Windows machines, because the payload that it downloads is a Windows executable. But the hackers behind the Metasploit penetration testing software say they have studied the exploit and found that it could just as easily be used to attack machines running Linux or Mac OS X, given the appropriate payload.
    "Don't give them any fucking ideas, you motherfucking shitgubbling retard!"

Seriously. Why do experts always have the need to point "the obvious" to the press? What if it wasn't obvious? Good job, you just gave these asshats an a+ tip. Shit son...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,440 Posts

FP is a collective of thousands upon thousands of users
    not 'you guys'
    the whole of FP never thought that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #64

Seriously. Why do experts always have the need to point "the obvious" to the press? What if it wasn't obvious? Good job, you just gave these asshats an a+ tip. Shit son...
    Because it doesn't really matter with Java since it runs on all systems anyway.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,973 Posts
    Thanks, OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #66
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH

July 2009
    3,952 Posts

it kinda sounds like you are butthurt because we disagreed with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #67
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,876 Posts
    It seems you are clearly being butthurt
    "I dislike firefox"
    "YOU ARE BUTHURT LOL"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

28. Post #68
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    1,534 Posts
    I just disabled it, even though I had version 7, I certainly hope I was not too late.

29. Post #69
    August 2012
    69 Posts
    I don't care where's my answer why chrome is better I haven't got it yet you all acting like you want me to use chrome why the fuck would i want to? Nothing stands out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP China Show Events Dumb Dumb x 46 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,908 Posts
    I do have "Java Deployment Toolkit" at version 6.

31. Post #71
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH

July 2009
    3,952 Posts
    "I dislike firefox"
    "YOU ARE BUTHURT LOL"
    With his "all of fp is against me" attitude he really has no valid argument
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    I don't care where's my answer why chrome is better I haven't got it yet you all acting like you want me to use chrome why the fuck would i want to? Nothing stands out.
    I haven't seen anyone tell you to use Chrome. Instead I have seen them telling you to stop being an elitist cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 4 (list)

33. Post #73

butthurt because he uses a horribad browser and is a terribad person

to be honest I wouldn't mind if macs got attacked just slightly at this point

Apple needs to cut their shit out with not being able to do anything with their computers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,522 Posts
    For once being lazy about updates is a good thing apparently

"improved security"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #75
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,616 Posts
    I received an alert several days ago, maybe even a week back, and it's been disabled ever since, so i'm protected against this.

36. Post #76
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,440 Posts
    we aren't telling you to use chrome
    where did anyone tell you that
    boo hoo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #77
    August 2012
    69 Posts
    butthurt because he uses a horribad browser
    Stop there you piece of shit , its like saying internet explorer is better than opera and safari because no one use them http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming+threadshitting" - Orkel))

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming+threadshitting" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP China Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Stop there you piece of shit , its like saying internet explorer is better than opera and safari because no one use them http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    Please just stop, you are embarassing yourself and other firefox users.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH

July 2009
    3,952 Posts
    Tell us why Firefox is so superior asshat. I'm not saying it's worse but why should I change to firefox if chrome does literally everything that firefox does.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts

Wats dis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)