1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,369 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 61Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,666 Posts
    Wow almost 1 million for a Kickstarter video game..kinda feels like a huge waste of money..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 96Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,369 Posts
    Wow almost 1 million for a Kickstarter video game..kinda feels like a huge waste of money..
    Fuck
    No
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    1,638 Posts
    but I want this game :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

5. Post #5

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    A shame it'll never get close to wasteland 2's 2.9 million... this is another project that deserves it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

November 2011
    6 Posts
    Happy to see this got funded, can't wait to play it!

7. Post #7
    May 2011
    318 Posts
    i donated 20k to this game! im glad that they made it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Duck and cover everyone, carpetboxing inbound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

July 2005
    3,180 Posts
    Are they not going to include the other stuff like Navy combat just because they didn't get an extra 200k? If that's the case they're really out of bounds. I perfectly understand a 1mil budget for the game overall, but 200k per extra bit? uhh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2007
    599 Posts
    i donated 20k to this game! im glad that they made it!
    No you didn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    awesome

12. Post #12
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    August 2012
    1,526 Posts
    You're a waste of money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 10 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,369 Posts
    Are they not going to include the other stuff like Navy combat just because they didn't get an extra 200k? If that's the case they're really out of bounds. I perfectly understand a 1mil budget for the game overall, but 200k per extra bit? uhh...
    Extra development costs extra money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,666 Posts
    Fuck
    No
    but I want this game :(
    Duck and cover everyone, carpetboxing inbound.
    Yea I kinda figured this would happen, look I understand, it's a cool game and all, but I don't know, I just feel like the money could have been more useful if it had gone towards something else, but obviously the same could be said about a lot of things, but I digress.

You're a waste of money
    ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,062 Posts
    Why is any more of a waste of money than the money spent on just about any other form of entertainment?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,666 Posts
    Why is any more of a waste of money than the money spent on just about any other form of entertainment?
    Yea I know thats what I just said

but obviously the same could be said about a lot of things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,062 Posts
    Yea I kinda figured this would happen, look I understand, it's a cool game and all, but I don't know, I just feel like the money could have been more useful if it had gone towards something else, but obviously the same could be said about a lot of things, but I digress.
    What is it with idiots assuming every penny a person spends has to go to bloody charity? People enjoy games so they spend money that they earn on them. Do you also disagree with people buying DVD's and music as well because it "could have gone to something more useful"

Edited:

Yea I know thats what I just said
    Then why say it in the first place when you clearly knew it was stupid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,782 Posts

I've waited over 10 years for something like this. I am ecstatic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,666 Posts
    What is it with idiots assuming every penny a person spends has to go to bloody charity? People enjoy games so they spend money that they earn on them. Do you also disagree with people buying DVD's and music as well because it "could have gone to something more useful"

Edited:

Then why say it in the first place when you clearly knew it was stupid?
    Wow what the fuck is your problem? No need to get all hostile, I fucking get it it was a stupid thing to say no need to jump down my damn throat about it.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,782 Posts
    I'M GONNA POST A NEGATIVE COMMENT IN A THREAD AND NOT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING. THIS CAN'T BE A BAD IDEA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,062 Posts
    Wow what the fuck is your problem? No need to get all hostile, I fucking get it it was a stupid thing to say no need to jump down my damn throat about it.
    Because you made a stupid comment and then tried to point me out as being an idiot by saying you knew it was a stupid post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    He's an idiot who thinks he'll gain some imaginary points from an imaginary audience for being as edgy insulting dickhead as possible for one mistake one makes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,666 Posts
    Because you made a stupid comment and then tried to point me out as being an idiot by saying you knew it was a stupid post?
    Uh actually I wasn't trying to "point you out as being an idiot", I honestly don't know where you got that idea from. I only did that because you had posted a couple seconds after I had posted and I was just reiterating the fact that I just then realized it was a stupid thing to say, you need to relax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,062 Posts
    Uh actually I wasn't trying to "point you out as being an idiot", I honestly don't know where you got that idea from. I only did that because you had posted a couple seconds after I had posted and I was just reiterating the fact that I just then realized it was a stupid thing to say, you need to relax.
    Oh, I apologise

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts
    I'm gonna play the shit out of this game. I played so much Total Annihilation that I got good at spelling annihilation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,782 Posts
    I'm gonna play the shit out of this game. I played so much Total Annihilation that I got good at spelling annihilation
    This.

27. Post #27
    April 2010
    1,727 Posts
    Kickstarters great and all but I kind of dislike how a lot of games do this kind of "LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE, IF YOU GIVE US MORE MONEY" kind of thing.

Hopefully it will reach at least one of these goals, but it will still feel like we are missing out on part of the game for the ones they dont get enough for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    I spent money just to have words appear here
    January 2011
    960 Posts
    Can't wait for this game. Hopefully it will be as awesome as it's Kickstarter trailer was.

Kickstarters great and all but I kind of dislike how a lot of games do this kind of "LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE, IF YOU GIVE US MORE MONEY" kind of thing.

Hopefully it will reach at least one of these goals, but it will still feel like we are missing out on part of the game for the ones they dont get enough for.
    If we miss out on them, they might add it later as DLC or a free add-on if sales of the game are high enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Wasteland 2 and a real sequel to Total Annihilation?
    come here kickstarter, you deserve a very deep hug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    December 2010
    654 Posts

It's because it costs money to do things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,385 Posts
    This brings joy.

32. Post #32
    Looking forward to this, I love the art style.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,833 Posts
    no more video game industry, Now all the money goes to saving Ethiopia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member

July 2005
    3,180 Posts
    Extra development costs extra money.
    Not an extra 200k. Maybe to add in ALL the extra stuff, maybe 200k. That's being nice too, devs who work under EA are told to make that shit DLC, and they don't get paid anything more for it. Basically free dev work.

If they were DLC that were like 5 dollars each, I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

35. Post #35
    May 2011
    318 Posts
    No you didn't.
    um yes i actually did

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,120 Posts
    Not an extra 200k. Maybe to add in ALL the extra stuff, maybe 200k. That's being nice too, devs who work under EA are told to make that shit DLC, and they don't get paid anything more for it. Basically free dev work.

If they were DLC that were like 5 dollars each, I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
    Half Life 2: Episode 1 cost $12 million to develop, and many of the assets were recycled from HL2.

Considering the amount of content this game is packing into it, $1-1.5 million is a paltry sum compared to most games.

As of now, this game has a lower budget than the Dragon's Lair game from the 80's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37

June 2011
    276 Posts
    Yea I kinda figured this would happen, look I understand, it's a cool game and all, but I don't know, I just feel like the money could have been more useful if it had gone towards something else
    Like what, charity?

38. Post #38
    July 2010
    4,320 Posts
    Man i'm looking forward to this one.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,791 Posts
    I just feel like the money could have been more useful if it had gone towards something else, but obviously the same could be said about a lot of things, but I digress.
    I just want to say something about this specific argument in general, do people not understand that money doesn't just disappear from the economy when people spend money? I mean, I understand that people are disappointed that people aren't donating to something that would save some lives, but when you're giving money that goes into someone's bills and purchases, that then goes and feeds our economy, hopefully keeping some businesses and employees out of poverty, and possibly into people's pockets who will donate to something else. It's not like donating money to something bars people from giving it to charity, or is even "less useful" than other things, since that money will go towards something else eventually down the line. Something is only a waste of money if the person paying for it doesn't get satisfaction out of it, and only then it's a waste of money to the consumer alone, not anyone else. These "wastes of money" are what capitalism thrives on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,982 Posts
    all money ever donated should go to charity, and not a charity that doesn't save lives in any form

no fun allowed

Edited:

Half Life 2: Episode 1 cost $12 million to develop, and many of the assets were recycled from HL2.

Considering the amount of content this game is packing into it, $1-1.5 million is a paltry sum compared to most games.

As of now, this game has a lower budget than the Dragon's Lair game from the 80's.
    usually kickstarter is just used to show publishers/investors that people will buy the game, so more money will probably be pumped into this once they find one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)