1. Post #1
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Ive tried playing on my friends building server. And then when its sending its Client info, I get a message saying: "Cheater, sdef 7 july". What the hell does that mean? I do know what "Cheater" means, but I am just a builder/poser and a wiremod geek who doesnt need any hacks. And I am guessing that the "7 july" is the date I was a "Cheater". It could be some dummy addon what protects people from using hacks. I guess that "sdef" means SethHackdef, yet I never had owned/used SethHack in my life. (including any extra .dll's)

Ive seen some Anti-SethHack addons, which have been flamed on due to it adding random IP's in its ban list and not letting people play the server where the addon has been installed.

Please someone help me ASAP.

PS: Ive noticed that I cant play on SOME other servers aswell due to the same reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Does your friend use a global ban list or something?

Also please post your steam profile.

Edited:

Nevermind: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997103153

Edited:

Oh just checked, you are banned, and whatever you say, noone will believe you.

Edited:

Looks like your friend is banned too

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rome95/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    I am not sure about that :L

And also:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997103153

Oh and I just discovered that I made a grammer mistake at "my friends server". I meant the server where my friend is playing at.

What do you mean by "banned"? VAC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events

4. Post #4
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    You gonna get banned on the forums too, just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    What banned? Do you mean VAC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Facepunch's Local Lycanthrope
    December 2008
    1,785 Posts
    No, you've been banned by Garry's anti-cheat (just for GMod).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

7. Post #7
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Uhm? I hope that my SmartSnap doesnt count as a cheat since I checked from VACBanned.com telling me that I am not VAC banned. Im just a builder, why in the world do I need hacks/modifications for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    VAC is not Garrys anti cheat.

This discussion doesn't really matter, Garrys anticheat was pretty much only pointed against SethHack, so you did use it.

Edited:

Afaik Garrys Anticheat also send some system info in the report payload, so he might check it, but I doubt it will give any prove of your innocence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #9
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    No sir, I have not used SethHack or even bought/owned it. And what does the "pretty much" mean by that? Since it may have accidentally pointed on my SmartSnap what I downloaded off Garrymod.org

EDIT: What does afaik mean? And I am pretty sure that it will discover that I am innocent. I am a bit afraid about my SmartSnap what I downloaded some years ago. (Its the addon what allows you to target on some polygons by pressing E)

10. Post #10
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    It's not SethHack, sdef is gmcl_sdef2, aka ScriptDeforcer 2, a module which lets you bypass scritpenforcer.

afaik = as far as I know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    I never have installed something named like "gmcl_sdef2". And I have heard it does bypass ScriptEnforcer. Does the gmcl need to be in a specific place in garrysmod? Since I am willing to check my folders in garrysmod.

EDIT: Im just wondering, is the gmcl_sdef2 a lua file?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,386 Posts
    No sir, I have not used SethHack or even bought/owned it. And what does the "pretty much" mean by that? Since it may have accidentally pointed on my SmartSnap what I downloaded off Garrymod.org

EDIT: What does afaik mean? And I am pretty sure that it will discover that I am innocent. I am a bit afraid about my SmartSnap what I downloaded some years ago. (Its the addon what allows you to target on some polygons by pressing E)

Garry's anti-cheat doesn't do anything against lua scripts, it stop people from bypassing scriptenforcer (which requires a module or injecting executable).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #13
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    It'll be a file called gmcl_sdef2.dll in garrysmod/lua/includes/modules
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Okay, ive check the /modules and there are only 3 .dll's :
    gm_sqlite.dll
    gm_sqlite_linux.dll
    gm_sqlite_osx.dll

And yes isnipeu I know what the Scriptenfocrer is and does.

And those .dll's I told you, they seem pretty offical to me.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,127 Posts
    surely if you are consciously trying to bypass scriptenforcer you should be banned?

Edited:

bad reading, my bad, snippy snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

16. Post #16
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Once again, I never have tried or even thought about bypassing scriptenforcer. I dont see how ScriptEnforcer can bother me in any way for giving me a reason to by-pass it.

EDIT: Oh, haha. My bad aswell. -snip-

EDIT: Still confused here :s.

EDIT: I also have 2 OS (Win xp, win 7). I checked the win7 garrysmod /modules, and those 3 same .dll's are there.

17. Post #17
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    So you're sure that on the 7th July you didn't have a file called gmcl_sdef2.dll in that folder?

Email bans@garrysmod.com with your SteamID and garry should be able to either provide more proof you cheated or unban you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #18
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    So you're sure that on the 7th July you didn't have a file called gmcl_sdef2.dll in that folder?

Email bans@garrysmod.com with your SteamID and garry should be able to either provide more proof you cheated or unban you.
    Okay, will do. And I am 140% sure that I did not have a modified/hacked .dll file in there to bypass SE.

19. Post #19
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,227 Posts
    Well someone did prove garrys anticheat was a loose cannon and someone posted a script that supposedly bans any steamID from it, I dont know if it actually worked though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Well someone did prove garrys anticheat was a loose cannon and someone posted a script that supposedly bans any steamID from it, I dont know if it actually worked though
    You just had to create a font with a specific substring in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    That could be the case aswell.

22. Post #22
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    You just had to create a font with a specific substring in it.
    No it wasn't that, I asked him right back when he first introduced his anticheat if malicious servers could get people banned by creating the font on their clients and he said it wouldn't work.

The script that supposedly did it was a PHP script which created a request to api.garrysmod.com, which is what garry was using to receive cheat reports from clients. I don't think it ever actually worked though, or if it did I doubt the OP would have been targetted.

23. Post #23
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Sent it to bans@garrysmod.com with my SteamID.
    Is it possible that the ban what my friend "Rome95" got affected me?
    Now something non-related to this topic:
    Editing a machinima (hopefully funny).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Unless your friend Rome95 gave you sdef2 and told you to put it in a folder, or you know him irl and he did it himself, no.

25. Post #25
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    I do not know him IRL. He is just a fellow Steam friend.
    BUT!
    As I said before, I am a bit paranoid about my SmartSnap addon. Since I got it as a .exe and it was a installer. I got it via Steam, a friend sent me who hasnt logged on for a year now. That might be the case :L. But my computers OS broke some months later, forcing me to re-install OS and losing all of my things in my comp. When my friend gave me the .exe I didnt use it right-away. I put it on my USB where I keep all my important stuff. So I used the .exe after I fixed my comp and installed gmod. But Im not sure if that is the right thing what may had caused the ban for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    So either you are lying or you are really fucking dumb, either way, it's your problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    1,030 Posts
    There is no such thing as a smartsnap .exe

You could always PROVIDE it so it can be decompiled, as long as you aren't bullshitting. which indeed, it does stink of the stuff in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,025 Posts
    I do not know him IRL. He is just a fellow Steam friend.
    BUT!
    As I said before, I am a bit paranoid about my SmartSnap addon. Since I got it as a .exe and it was a installer. I got it via Steam, a friend sent me who hasnt logged on for a year now. That might be the case :L. But my computers OS broke some months later, forcing me to re-install OS and losing all of my things in my comp. When my friend gave me the .exe I didnt use it right-away. I put it on my USB where I keep all my important stuff. So I used the .exe after I fixed my comp and installed gmod. But Im not sure if that is the right thing what may had caused the ban for me.

Uhhh...smartsnap isn't in an exe installer. What you have is malicious, and is why you're banned. Your smartsnap installer has a hidden payload in it.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121887 <-- That's a legit smartsnap download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Okay, I guess I am "really fucking dumb" then for using the .exe. Ima go looking for the SmartSnap.exe in my computer, since I dont have it on my USB anymore.

And thanks TestECull for providing me the legit SmartSnap.

---EDIT---
    Finally found the installer! What do I do now?
    Further info about the installer:

Size: 199KB
    Created on: 7.10.2011
    Type of file: Application
    *When clicked on* The title is: "WinRAR self-extracting archive".
    Destination folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\###ENTER YOUR NAME###\garrysmod

30. Post #30
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Upload it so we can take a look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Upload it so we can take a look.
    Shall I PM it to you? Since people may abuse it.

32. Post #32
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    I think most people in this thread are capable to handle stuff like this.

33. Post #33
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    I still PM'd you, just for security.

34. Post #34
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Invalid or Deleted File.

Yea, right.

Would you just post it here, thanks.

35. Post #35
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Oh, okay. Just a sec.

EDIT:

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hs3xd5apzfavg6w

But once again, this was not my idea to make this public.

36. Post #36
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    I doubt it takes that long to fix a broken upload.

37. Post #37
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    I doubt it takes that long to fix a broken upload.
    My net was messing. Had to restart the router for a couple of secs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Ok, honestly, eitherway you are just horribly dumb for trying to get us believe this shit story OR, you are really horribly dumb for installing that, either way, this ban is deserved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2012
    91 Posts
    Okay :L I understand. Shall I take the download down?

40. Post #40
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Doesn't really matter, this thing will be broken with gm13 anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)