1. Post #1
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    It was sunny and hot. But not in the shelter.

"hello stalker"

water tanks

gasmasks: GP-5

benches

mold ^^

vent room

accumulators

real radioactive sensor

toilet for men

for women

telephones

posters

Some fun:
    1) http://cs406319.userapi.com/v4063199...0ETu0gKEWI.jpg
    2) http://cs406319.userapi.com/v4063199...LXCquJxR04.jpg
    Thanks for watching, dear internetional urbex-friends :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 68Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    1,617 Posts
    All those gas masks, holy shit those Russian's sure as hell were ready for WW3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 57Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    so many souvenirs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    I hope you took a couple of those gasmasks. I know I would.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 54Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    81 Posts
    I think those gasmasks are GP-5s. They were issued in 1970 onwards and production ended in 1989.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Informative Informative x 7Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    1,617 Posts
    Can you send me one of those masks? I'm gonna start a gas mask collection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    767 Posts
    all the gas mask fetishists on facepunch can die happy now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2012
    12 Posts
    Want. So Bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    205 Posts
    Gasmask pls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    Can you send me one of those masks? I'm gonna start a gas mask collection.
    Sure. I can send to you.

PM me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 25Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    688 Posts
    Ha, now I want one of those masks. Pretty sweet location. I want to go to Russia just to urbex cool places. Where I live there's close to nothing that is abandoned.

12. Post #12
    January 2008
    6 Posts
    Could i buy two of those gas masks from you? me and my friend are starting a collection.

13. Post #13
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    Could i buy two of those gas masks from you? me and my friend are starting a collection.
    PM to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2010
    1,617 Posts
    PM to me
    Can you please donate a gas mask to a poor bastard with a gas mask obsession?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,115 Posts
    PM to me
    How many do you have with filters?

16. Post #16
    I like the fat, greasy nerds that wear MLP shirts three sizes too small
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    I own the exact same gas mask as the one you found in the bunker. I know a place selling them for $15 each. They look pretty legit.

I always love abandoned places like this. Good job man!

17. Post #17
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    How many do you have with filters?
    30-40 complects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2010
    1,617 Posts
    30-40 complects
    PLS SEND ME AT LEAST A BROKEN ONE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    You're really great for doing this, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    I am obsessed with titles; it is all I talk about
    August 2010
    2,265 Posts
    PM to me
    Facepunch's new gasmask salesman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    Facepunch's new gasmask salesman.
    lol.. maybe)
    I do not ask money for it
    If you need to - take it. ;D
    You only pay for shipping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 20Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Sent you a PM. I hope I can get some gas masks. Thanks.

23. Post #23
    Snow Wolf677
    That place looks quite creepy, reminds me a bit of chernobyl diaries. How many gasmasks are left?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    803 Posts
    Wait. How is there still electricity in that bunker?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Wait. How is there still electricity in that bunker?
    The Russians enchanted the bunker with magical pixie dust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,639 Posts
    How many more masks do you have for sale?

27. Post #27
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,104 Posts
    It baffles me how so much stuff is scattered across the former USSR and there's still so much of it that's barely touched/stripped clean by binners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,656 Posts
    It's crazy how many places like these there are, how much money was spent to build these facilities only for them to get abandoned completely. Not just in russia but worldwide, all because we hate eachother and want to blow everyone that isn't 'us' sky high.

29. Post #29
    April 2011
    3,188 Posts
    I actually had to close the window first time I got to the gas masks. I'm home alone and it was just a little too much. Great find!

30. Post #30
    August 2010
    2,265 Posts
    lol.. maybe)
    I do not ask money for it
    If you need to - take it. ;D
    You only pay for shipping.
    Mind you that I already own a gp-5 (The same ones in the picture) but thanks for the offer.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    510 Posts
    Sure. I can send to you.

PM me
    I think your kindness when it comes to sending these masks is admirable. But you're sort of violating the golden rule of Urban Exploration:

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints".

The idea behind it is, if you give away all these masks, your essentially ruining the experience somewhat for future explorers. They wont come in and see a room with masks all over the floor as it was when you found it.

It can be a horrible temptation when there is something cool in an abandoned building, but you're really supposed to leave it be.

In addition, you should probably warn these people that the masks are likely not safe to be worn. The filters alone may have dangerous substances in them not suitable for breathing through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,804 Posts
    I think your kindness when it comes to sending these masks is admirable. But you're sort of violating the golden rule of Urban Exploration:

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints".

The idea behind it is, if you give away all these masks, your essentially ruining the experience somewhat for future explorers. They wont come in and see a room with masks all over the floor as it was when you found it.

It can be a horrible temptation when there is something cool in an abandoned building, but you're really supposed to leave it be.

In addition, you should probably warn these people that the masks are likely not safe to be worn. The filters alone may have dangerous substances in them not suitable for breathing through.
    The filters will be fine as long as the filter doesn't have any rattling inside ( from the broken charcoal ) and if they are its not too hard to buy a 40mm NATO filter and screw it on. And yeah thats the golden rule but its an abandoned bunker, and those gas masks can still be used with a new filter and its not like hes making people pay for them either, unlike someone else who might come by and try and make profit off it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    August 2010
    2,265 Posts
    The filters will be fine as long as the filter doesn't have any rattling inside ( from the broken charcoal ) and if they are its not too hard to buy a 40mm NATO filter and screw it on. And yeah thats the golden rule but its an abandoned bunker, and those gas masks can still be used with a new filter and its not like hes making people pay for them either, unlike someone else who might come by and try and make profit off it.
    Wasn't it activated carbon and not charcoal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    510 Posts
    Dont get me wrong, I think his pictures are great and he's obviously a really kind person to offer these up to people for the price of shipping. That and you're right in saying there are plenty of people who would go in and make a profit of off the items, but this isn't traditionally how Urban Exploration is carried out.

It's about the experience.

People explore abandoned buildings because they are time capsules of a forgotten time. They show life preserved as it was in the moment the location was abandoned.

If everyone removed items from these places we'd have nothing to look at or take pictures of.

Please don't misunderstand me, in that I do understand that he's doing what he's doing out of the kindness of his heart.

Edit: I feel I should also clarify that the reason I mentioned about warning users of the filters, is that some users asking for masks may know very little about them, and may wish to own one as a gimmick. As a result they may not think twice about breathing through the filter it was provided with.

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. I thoroughly enjoyed this thread and the content within. But as someone who shares a very strong interest in Urban Exploration, I felt my opinions could be expressed on the subject.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,804 Posts
    Dont get me wrong, I think his pictures are great and he's obviously a really kind person to offer these up to people for the price of shipping. That and you're right in saying there are plenty of people who would go in and make a profit of off the items, but this isn't traditionally how Urban Exploration is carried out.

It's about the experience.

People explore abandoned buildings because they are time capsules of a forgotten time. They show life preserved as it was in the moment the location was abandoned.

If everyone removed items from these places we'd have nothing to look at or take pictures of.

Please don't misunderstand me, in that I do understand that he's doing what he's doing out of the kindness of his heart.

Edit: I feel I should also clarify that the reason I mentioned about warning users of the filters, is that some users asking for masks may know very little about them, and may wish to own one as a gimmick. As a result they may not think twice about breathing through the filter it was provided with.

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. I thoroughly enjoyed this thread and the content within. But as someone who shares a very strong interest in Urban Exploration, I felt my opinions could be expressed on the subject.
    No problem, I understand fully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2012
    16 Posts
    http://cs406319.userapi.com/v4063199...0ETu0gKEWI.jpg
    who's shadow is that in the pic first pillar on the left. O.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    got the coordinates on the place? I want to squat on it.

38. Post #38
    December 2011
    139 Posts
    http://cs406319.userapi.com/v4063199...0ETu0gKEWI.jpg
    who's shadow is that in the pic first pillar on the left. O.o
    my friend's shadow :D

39. Post #39
    October 2011
    68 Posts
    Kefir, great urbex and really great photos. I would love to see more, especially some close ups of the training documentation and training aids.

Active Charcoal is not the only material to be used in filters, over the years a variety of materials have been used. These materials depend on the year, model, ect... manufacturing materials can even be changed mid-production based on R&D.

Here's an example. The M17 Protective Mask is made completely out of Butyl Rubber, yet the newer M40 Field Protective Mask/MCU-2P Protective Mask are made out of silicone. Silicone is useless against blistering agents, so in order for the M40 to be effective in the field a Butyl "Second Skin" was produced to use against blistering agents, the MCU-2P does not have any Butyl skin available.

The production time frame on the M17 series is mid-1960 to the early 1990's. Yet the M40/MCU-2P production time frame is mid-1990's. Development isn't always forward thinking.

Active Charcoal can also be detrimental to the health of the wearer, chances are as the last production batch of the filters for the GP-5 was 1989 that would make the filters 23 years old. The recommended shelf-life is 15 years on filters, beyond that point it is determined the agents used to help the filtration process have begun their natural decay. The active charcoal is impregnated which Chromium VI, Chromium VI is considered hazardous waste because of the effects from long term exposure.

US-issue C2 filters are reported to have Chromium VI in it's active charcoal, they are identifiable by of course their markings and S/N.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_toxicity

However, yes the GP-5/GP-6 is an acceptable respirator that can still be effectively used with newer 40mm NATO thread filters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Facepunch Dept. of Defense
    April 2012
    1,670 Posts
    LOVE the pictures

Hey, sorry to inondate you again, but can you send me a gasmask?
    I am tight for cash (And I cant use my credit card online because of debt) and I was wondering if you could send me a mask with/without a filter system. I have 70 cents in my paypal and thats it, and I would give you that as a stipent. I know its a lot to ask.
    PM Me if you are willing. Feel free to ignore me if not.
    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)