1. Post #1

August 2012
    14 Posts
    Hello guys I have been so excited to announce that I am finally making use of my spare time my computers been upgraded and is much faster now well the title says it all really 'Dead Island 2D'

The game -

Well as you may know making a story line to a 2D game is pointless but I have and its quite good actually :D

The Island of Ointin the once green rich grassland has been overtaken by ZOMBIES you and your team must stop the spreading of the virus by helping numerous survivors that have been saved by a life guard called Gregg Beats a ex detective the story line consists of big boss battles such as Thugs, Butchers and Walkers the main objective is to see what you didn't see in Dead Island what happens to the Helicopter will Ointin ever recover ? (Campaign is multiplayer just not on v1.0)

Plus +

For the first version only Bloodbath arena will be available to try out this is like a BETA shall we say...Yes it has got multiplayer although its not ready yet I need some BETA testers so if you wan't to help me and become a survivor first message me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 23Winner x 3Dumb x 2Optimistic x 2Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,205 Posts
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    June 2010
    403 Posts
    why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #4

August 2012
    14 Posts
    Dead Island was such a good game I enjoyed it so much I just couldn't wait for Riptide so whilst I am waiting here comes another short but fun chapter of the story.

OT:

I have changed the names a lot for copy right reasons sorry about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts
    or you could just make the game as a fangame and maybe not sell it?
    Also you seem to have made the mistake of telling us all these features....that don't exist and might never exist.
    Such as "multiplayer but not in v1.0". I always find wannabe game devs sprinting to the finish line before the gates even been opened....smashing right into the gate so to speak.
    If you want to make a good successful 2D rip-off and sell it, expect a few years of dev.
    If you want to make a good 2D fanmake, still expect a year or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6

October 2011
    105 Posts
    No sewers please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts
    ok i'll be a beta tester the game sounds amazing hwen is release date
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,593 Posts
    i want to beta test
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,205 Posts
    beta for me plz too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    5,812 Posts
    we have top notch quality here !!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 13Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

August 2012
    14 Posts
    or you could just make the game as a fangame and maybe not sell it?
    Also you seem to have made the mistake of telling us all these features....that don't exist and might never exist.
    Such as "multiplayer but not in v1.0". I always find wannabe game devs sprinting to the finish line before the gates even been opened....smashing right into the gate so to speak.
    If you want to make a good successful 2D rip-off and sell it, expect a few years of dev.
    If you want to make a good 2D fanmake, still expect a year or two.
    Before you jump to conclusions the game has been in development since 2011 when the actual game was released yes I did say that the multiplayer won't be available on v1.0 because I have alot of things to add in before v1.1 comes out who wants to play multiplayer when I still need to add a few more weapons :/

Edited:

No sewers please.
    Yeah I know the sewers are quite annoying but then the storyline will be unfinished although the sewers was like 2 chapters on the game I promise you that it wont be long prehaps 20 mins long or maybe more the sewers have been completed up to the part that you enter the police station for the final time but that will soon be finished.

Edited:

ok i'll be a beta tester the game sounds amazing hwen is release date
    The game for BETA testers will be available in a week so I can finish off the weapons that you can get off downloading DLC. DLC will be free although they are only available for a short time :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,838 Posts
    wtf dlc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Hey I can help you, I also have a ~legit~ copy of game maker so maybe we can make levels together
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,487 Posts
    at least post some content
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

August 2012
    14 Posts
    wtf dlc?
    The ripper (DLC)
    Bloodbath arena more maps (DLC)

Edited:

Hey I can help you, I also have a ~legit~ copy of game maker so maybe we can make levels together
    Yeah okay that sounds good prehaps we could remake the levels or upgrade mine prehaps make a new special level ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    The ripper (DLC)
    Bloodbath arena more maps (DLC)

Edited:

Yeah okay that sounds good prehaps we could remake the levels or upgrade mine prehaps make a new special level ?
    Yes but I think we should upgrade to game editor, much better than game maker, and some guy on fp just release his own super smash bros game on facepunch and he used game editor!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    1,398 Posts
    Well as you may know making a story line to a 2D game is pointless
    What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    what the hell's going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    This is obviously one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse here to warn us that it's coming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2009
    36 Posts
    I can offer you texture and sprite work.
    I did almost all of the textures and models in BF3, nad that used the same game maker format so I'll be used to theformat.

----
    InUndenial
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30Dumb Dumb x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    Put it on Steam Greenlight and use a paint picture to display your game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2008
    445 Posts
    i'll be the ideas guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    i'll be the ideas guy
    that positions mine!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    600 Posts
    Can't wait to pay for this. I've got my wallet in my hand right now, just say when.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    Can't wait to pay for this. I've got my wallet in my hand right now, just say when.
    I'll double the cash in his wallet for beta access.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

August 2012
    14 Posts
    Haha dude I don't want cash the games free no charges whatsoever BETA testers will be chosen in a day or so.

Edited:

I did almost all of the textures and models in BF3, nad that used the same game maker format so I'll be used to theformat.

----
    InUndenial
    (\__/)
    Great dude I would love that my Xian and Shelly sprites are mixed up when upgrading a weapon, Sam B ,Logan and Purna are fine though

Edited:

Progress Update :D

Upgrading Weapons 99.8% Just need to make one more weapon and then we are done :)
    Weapon Mods 87% The weapon mods are fine there sprites need updating a little
    Shelly and Sinamoi 99% These are now playable characters for the 2D version

Story Line 100%

Resort all finished
    City all finished
    Sewers all finished
    Jungle all finished
    Police Station all finished

Blood Bath Arena 68%

Arena A 100%
    Arena B 100%
    Arena C 21%
    Arena D 87%

Zombie Disaster 100%

Zombie Disaster is a fun Minigame when one of your team members becomes infected you must avoid them for the longest time :D

I need six voice actors -

3 Female
    3 Male

Please inbox me with a short recording of your voice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2012
    371 Posts

----
    InUndenial
    (\__/)
    can't tell if troll, or bad alt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,164 Posts

3 Female
    3 Male

have me

oh wait zombie sounds

What kind of voice do you need dude? You say voice actors but they could be cartoony sounding voice actors, you need some zombies? What do you need!?

I make your music k?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    9,563 Posts
    Haha dude I don't want cash the games free no charges whatsoever BETA testers will be chosen in a day or so.

Edited:

Great dude I would love that my Xian and Shelly sprites are mixed up when upgrading a weapon, Sam B ,Logan and Purna are fine though

Edited:

Progress Update :D

Upgrading Weapons 99.8% Just need to make one more weapon and then we are done :)
    Weapon Mods 87% The weapon mods are fine there sprites need updating a little
    Shelly and Sinamoi 99% These are now playable characters for the 2D version

Story Line 100%

Resort all finished
    City all finished
    Sewers all finished
    Jungle all finished
    Police Station all finished

Blood Bath Arena 68%

Arena A 100%
    Arena B 100%
    Arena C 21%
    Arena D 87%

Zombie Disaster 100%

Zombie Disaster is a fun Minigame when one of your team members becomes infected you must avoid them for the longest time :D

3 Female
    3 Male

You are pulling those percentages straight out of your anus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    I would like to test the beta and fix what I see fit

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,226 Posts
    Threads like this are the reason i even bother visiting this site these days..

On a serious note, good luck. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2012
    901 Posts
    Originality! Bravo!

33. Post #33
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,593 Posts
    any updates or content???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

August 2012
    14 Posts
    The amount of people who don't respect the fact that making a game is tough they can leave and not bother coming back when the game is released I don't criticize you and your life.

Edited:

You are pulling those percentages straight out of your anus
    And you pulled that sarky comment out of your moms bra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Zing Zing x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    i'd rather kill myself tbh
    June 2005
    2,474 Posts
    i'm a game developer i studied college gaming maybe i could help you i know my way in and out of all game editors

also i can help with animating i used pivot a lot i'm a pro in the animating business nowadays
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    March 2009
    36 Posts
    How many lens flare sprites do you need?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

January 2012
    7 Posts
    rip

38. Post #38
    August 2009
    9,563 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    So when can I help/beta test?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40

August 2012
    14 Posts
    I have a amazing trailer coming in a week it shows all the characters what weapons they are best with
    also it shows clips of actual game play and part 1 of the 'Dead Egg' easter egg.

The trailer has been finished i'm just building up tension :)

I don't need any sprites/beta testers I had my friends test the game out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)