1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Declare.

    Also get on steam greeeg

    Edited:

    The Marines continue their ways toward the consoles.

  2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    Rapist's Avatar
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:



    The fancy base building continues.
    The soldier on the ledge goes to talk to the unknown soldier.

  3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    Dmaster's Avatar
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    Declare.



    The Tau begin to move up, moving slowly and stealthily, a difficult task in such an open environment. As they advance, the TPN troopers rift in and appear right in front of them. The squad leader quickly searches his databanks on the TPN, recognizes them as an ally, and orders the squad to stand down. In an attempt to be hospitable, he turns off his translator and attempts to read his message in their own tongue. However, as inexperienced he is at speaking languages, the pronunciation is sub-par, and he stumbles over the words a bit. Yet, his message should be clear to the TPN troopers.

    "Greetings, TPN soldiers! While I have not exactly encountered your kind before, our Empire recognizes you as esteemed allies. Our mission is to secure a nuclear warhead that is in an underground base not far from our position. While the weapon is primitive by our standards, that doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Our goal is to either disarm or disassemble the weapon to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. However, if you are here because you think the weapon could prove useful to your army, you will have our aid in securing it, as we trust you to use it responsibly. We must proceed with haste, as I'm already detecting life signs in the launch base."
    Meanwhile, the sniper drone controller spots the advancing troops, and hacks into their comm channels to give them a warning.

    "Trespassers! State your business for being here, or I will be forced to open fire!"

  4. Post #44
    SniperComZero's Avatar
    March 2011
    841 Posts
    Delclare.



    "Well. We should get going? Shall we?"

    "I suppose."

    "Hey. I think I see someone in the distance..."

    "Well. Keep your swords at hand, men."

    And so, the Clay Knights run off into the open. Most Likely going to be ripped apart. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

  5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    BananaFoam's Avatar
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    You gotta love how Greg insta-spawns his soldiers right next to the nuke.

    Yeah, totally fair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  6. Post #46
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    Daniel Smith's Avatar
    September 2010
    9,195 Posts
    Declare.



    Oh shit here come the Romans! (Sorry if they are slightly larger than the other guys)

  7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    Dmaster's Avatar
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    You gotta love how Greg insta-spawns his soldiers right next to the nuke.

    Yeah, totally fair.
    He's actually far away from the nuke, he needs to navigate the silo base to access it. Getting through from the blast doors would kill his troops or be a stupid idea in general. The other hatch is an opening to vent the exhaust during launch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    BananaFoam's Avatar
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    He's actually far away from the nuke, he needs to navigate the silo base to access it. Getting through from the blast doors would kill his troops or be a stupid idea in general. The other hatch is an opening to vent the exhaust during launch.
    Then who the hell is the guy who literally spawned his commandos inside the nuke facility?
    You know, the 3 soldiers in there, right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    Dmaster's Avatar
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    Then who the hell is the guy who literally spawned his commandos inside the nuke facility?
    You know, the 3 soldiers in there, right now.
    Oh, that was milkdairy. No idea what's going on there.

  10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Oh fuck melee oriented soldiers from the classical antiquity! I'm frightened!


    I drop podded my guys straight into the facility. It's what they do.

  11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    BananaFoam's Avatar
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    Oh fuck melee oriented soldiers from the classical antiquity! I'm frightened!


    I drop podded my guys straight into the facility. It's what they do.
    Uh, unless that nuke is made of cardboard or you aren't planning on activating it, then no, it's not what they do.

    OP or not, you still have to play by the rules, and inst-fragging us isn't going to help.
       However, I am in favor of your men holding the facility from outside invaders. That could create a pretty interesting firefight.   

  12. Post #52
    TheSporeGA's Avatar
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Why do we even have a nuke there if we can't nuke anything?

  13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    I think the point is to use it as leverage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    gregmasterx's Avatar
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Isn't the rule that WE can't nuke anything (Think michealsoft in the old thread), but that we CAN fire the nuke that's already there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    That's pretty much the manner of the "No nukes" rule.

    The ICBM in the silo is supposed to let you create leverage to make other people do things so you don't nuke them.

    Only problem is that it's an ICBM and in-flight detonation would kill your guys too.

    So the most productive thing you could do is fire it at some imaginary base somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

  16. Post #56
    Xron's Avatar
    January 2010
    1,746 Posts
    He's actually far away from the nuke, he needs to navigate the silo base to access it. Getting through from the blast doors would kill his troops or be a stupid idea in general. The other hatch is an opening to vent the exhaust during launch.
    Why would breaking the doors instantly kill you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Because the amount of explosives needed to open it would set off the warheads.

    And if you used a drill, that would need to be huge, or take a significant amount of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

  18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    Rapist's Avatar
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    I'm fairly sure nuclear bombs don't work like that, and the explosion wouldn't be that big to breach some doors anyway, you could use a drill or something else.

  19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    gregmasterx's Avatar
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Declare, also Daniel, you skipped Dmaster's declare, but I'll fix it.

    Edited:



    "We are here for the same purpose. We sense your Terran allies are close, so it may be wise if you lead, given the current situation between our empire and theirs.
    Meanwhile, the Fy'krrut plants a device into the nearby vent.

    (By the way, you can control movement of my guys now, so we don't have to declare turn after turn just to move together.)

  20. Post #60
    SniperComZero's Avatar
    March 2011
    841 Posts
    You both skipped my declare.

  21. Post #61
    RagamuffinIIII's Avatar
    March 2011
    1,220 Posts
    declare

    Edited:



    The BluBots waste no time hesitating to make their move, a shock squad of 5 bots is sent towards the tracking beacon - each armed with a pair of rocket boots to aid mobility. Two of them fire into the air to get a better look at the situation behind the hill and catch a glance of the top of some drop pods. The rest trudge along the soft sand - struggling to keep grip.

    The APC's would be saved for later in the larger scale assault on the facility, the plan was to capture it and then call in reinforcements once (if) the area was clear aswell as some specialists to open the cargo bay doors into the nuclear warhead. Of course this was all hypothetical, the BluBots didn't actually expect any resistance at all - it was supposed to be a deserted planet.

    (also added in claymen)

  22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    Dmaster's Avatar
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    Declare.



    "Our time is precious, so we must now make haste!"
    Tau and TPN alike move closer to their objective.

  23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    Rapist's Avatar
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:


    The ship finishes its cover and the building continues.

  24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:

    The Terran Milita of the Servos XV Division, notified by their group AI of a communications breach listen into the feedback, acquiring the message. They secure their channel from any further hacking, and move on.

    They identify themselves by their former title, and state their purpose of securing "A weapon of mass destruction located in a nearby facility" from the wrong hands, and bypass the sniper.

    The Marines, in the interest of a gap locate the two facilities, and radio their success to orbital command. They access the external announcement systems, and make a loud announcement through their vocoded mask speakers.

    Facility Announcement posted:
    ATTENTION ALL UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL IN REGION; A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION HAS BEEN SECURED BY THE HIGH TERRAN IMPERIUM OF EMPEROR AVEXIUS THIRTEEN. ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE FACILITY WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION. COMMUNICATION LINES ARE OPENS FOR DISCUSSION.

  25. Post #65
    Zombie_2371's Avatar
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Declare

    Edited:



    ASSIMILATE

    Edited:


  26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    Rapist's Avatar
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:



    It continues.

  27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    gregmasterx's Avatar
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:



    The group continues.

    Meanwhile, the previously placed device, now revealed to be a trap, is set off.

    The projectile easily passes through the group's leader, and stops in the head of the person behind him.

  28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    Dmaster's Avatar
    March 2012
    897 Posts
    You forgot my drones, no worries, though. I'll add 'em later.

  29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    gregmasterx's Avatar
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Oops, nah, I'll make a quick edit.

  30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Declare

    Edited:

    Underclare..

  31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    BananaFoam's Avatar
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    The Terran Milita of the Servos XV Division, notified by their group AI of a communications breach listen into the feedback, acquiring the message. They secure their channel from any further hacking, and move on.

    They identify themselves by their former title, and state their purpose of securing "A weapon of mass destruction located in a nearby facility" from the wrong hands, and bypass the sniper.

    The Marines, in the interest of a gap locate the two facilities, and radio their success to orbital command. They access the external announcement systems, and make a loud announcement through their vocoded mask speakers.
    A voice crackles to life, but not by radio. You sense of a feeling of occupancy in your mind, and suddenly a voice speaks.
    CSC posted:
    This is Commander William J. Ford of the Coalition Space Marine Corps. We request access to this facility and this bomb. The weapon you have hear is destructive beyond your comprehension. With all do respect, you do not understand what you hold.
    I cannot reveal anymore details as of current, but I must warn you, launching that warhead will mean the death of us all, possibly the annihilation of this Galaxy. Please, allow us to take the weapon into our protection.

  32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    The Marines call up to Orbital command to shoot down more drop pods. They concentrate, attempting to respond to the voice. They have encountered experiences alike these, but nothing short of a quantum psyker is able to fully respond back.

    Terran Marines posted:
    You are allowed to enter. However, this weapon is under TERRAN control. It will not be fully released.

  33. Post #73
    KommradKommisar's Avatar
    August 2009
    12,441 Posts
    Putting the tau in the map like that looks really gross. Shouldn't they be standing on the ground, rather than in it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

  34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    BananaFoam's Avatar
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    How the hell did the Tau and other guys get right next to the blast doors in 2 fucking declares? I mean, it's not like you even gave anybody else a chance to declare.

    I still cannot declare because my brother is, yet again, on the computer with my sprites on it. (Seriously, he needs to buy his own goddamn gaming computer. I spent 2 years and 750 bucks for that and I feel like I barely gets to use it because he wants to get more fucking hats on TF2.)

  35. Post #75
    Zombie_2371's Avatar
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Hurr da la hurr declare

    Edited:



    The Creature moves up to the first in the line, and targets its victim.



    The Creature stabs its victim, through the armor, immediately crushing and piercing his scull, killing him.
    The soldier goes limp, drops his sword, and bleeds out of his armor.



    The Creature lifts up his pray, and opens his mouth, letting out a tentacle like formation. What could it be hoping to do? Oh yeah, that's right.... it wants to ASSIMILATE.




  36. Post #76
    RagamuffinIIII's Avatar
    March 2011
    1,220 Posts
    declare

    Edited:



    The BluBots waste no time engaging the targets that had appeared on the hill, a volley of HMG rounds is fired towards them aswell as a self guided missile being launched and one of the APC's back at the main camp preparing to fire on any survivors. The rest of the squad carries on forward before stopping at the start of the hill, the squad leader stopping for a moment to make a plan.

  37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    Milkdairy's Avatar
    July 2011
    3,239 Posts
    Declare.

    Edited:

    The militia designate a new sergeant, and continue on, reluctantly. Crashing booms are heard as Terran orbital insertion "Drop pods" land in various places. Reinforcements have arrived.

  38. Post #78
    Xron's Avatar
    January 2010
    1,746 Posts
    How the hell did the Tau and other guys get right next to the blast doors in 2 fucking declares? I mean, it's not like you even gave anybody else a chance to declare.

    I still cannot declare because my brother is, yet again, on the computer with my sprites on it. (Seriously, he needs to buy his own goddamn gaming computer. I spent 2 years and 750 bucks for that and I feel like I barely gets to use it because he wants to get more fucking hats on TF2.)
    If you bought the computer, drag him off it, since its yours you should be able to use it when ever you want.

    Declare.

    Edited:

    The group continues.

    Meanwhile, the previously placed device, now revealed to be a trap, is set off.

    The projectile easily passes through the group's leader, and stops in the head of the person behind him.
    Its not a device, its a exhaust nozzle for the rocket, but thats a simple miss understanding, but you didn't place it so why didn't it fire on your soldiers?

  39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    gregmasterx's Avatar
    July 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Its not a device, its a exhaust nozzle for the rocket, but thats a simple miss understanding, but you didn't place it so why didn't it fire on your soldiers?
    If you look more closely, it should be fairly obvious that it was a device that I placed in the nozzle.

  40. Post #80
    Zombie_2371's Avatar
    September 2010
    1,406 Posts
    Might just have to declare.

    Edited:



    The creature, sensing danger, starts to dig, while assimilating the soldier. Interestingly enough, the sand being flinged over the side of the pit has covered up most of the blood, and the sword.

    What could the creature be planning?

    Edited:



    Edited:

    Also, let the record show, that I am extremely pissed at milk spawning units right around me, just to kill me. Seriously, two unit pods that contain four people, that means 8 more soldiers, just to attack me. (I know this, because me and milk had an argument about my creature being usable in the battle. Its not a fucking giant laser that can take out the map in two shots, its not over powered, and it can manage in a fight. there is NOTHING wrong with it.)