1. Post #1
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    Have you ever looked at an older screenshot/artwork/something of yours and thought, Man, I bet I can do this better than I did before?
    Have you looked at someone else's screenshot/art/whatever and thought, This guy sucks dick. I can shit out a better version of this or something much friendlier.

Well homie, here's the thread to get shit done in. The purpose of this thread is to find an old screenshot or some other kind of image and remake it(in GMod of course). See how your posing/post-processing/editing skills have improved since you first started posing. Take someone else's work and put your own spin on it. Change a WWII themed image into a Warhammer 40k picture. Maybe you want to enhance the scale of what's going on in an image like turning a small firefight into a massive battle. Maybe you already remade an older picture already and just want to share it again.

The only rules that I can think of is that the remade versions should still look somewhat like the originals and that you should post both pictures so people can compare. New first and then the old directly underneath. If you can't find the image you're recreating, then that's fine too.

Anyways, I guess I'll kick off this shindig by posting my own remakes.

Have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    You make me push my dick and balls Back between my legs
    Dennab
    July 2006
    359 Posts
    FIRST!

(User was banned for this post ("First Post!" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb x 22Informative x 3Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,250 Posts
    Brilliant idea man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2012
    1,531 Posts

Remake of this with much help from Masterfgh for the editing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    That's badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    A six sided fish cube of the Flounder variety
    March 2010
    3,157 Posts
    Wasn't the original edit by MasterFNG (sorry if I messed up his name horribly :V )

Edited:

Whoops, just saw you giving credit. Nvm.

Edited:

Also, I'll post some content tomorrow. There's a screenie of mine I'd like to redo.

7. Post #7
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    FIRST!

You are the most awful type of person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    3,361 Posts

I did a spec ops-y one too!
    mine is more yellowy brown though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,556 Posts
    i kinda remade that scene from children of men once if that counts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,004 Posts
    FIRST!

Thats the first time I have seen someone on fp do that, lets all hope its the last.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    :3 FURRY ELITIST PRIDE :3
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts
    i kinda remade that scene from children of men once if that counts

I love that film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2012
    98 Posts
    Looking good, I'm actually making a Band of Brothers sort of one, but using Vietnam models instead.

13. Post #13
    HUGE FAGGOT x9999 Dumb
    October 2009
    620 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,086 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,227 Posts
    i've done a lot of this sort of thing over the years

the poses in the original pictures is always so much more dynamic and interesting

Edited:

really old stuff

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    Still amazing poses nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,817 Posts
    Decided recently to revisit an edit from last month.

Before:

After:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,004 Posts
    Decided recently to revisit an edit from last month.

Before:

After:
    I kinda like the old one better, it feels more dynamic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,227 Posts
    i dont know if the posing is different but the more aggressive snow and the positioning of the characters in the first one, and the bend in the sword, makes the whole thing look a lot more dynamic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,786 Posts
    You know, I like the work you put into your poses. But love to make more completely original things. Not based of other pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    We need more content up in here.

plz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2007
    1,107 Posts

That'd be great if someone could find the original artwork I based this pose on. It's a WWII game cover obviously!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2011
    628 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,868 Posts
    I'd make something, but I don't have any old pictures to remake and I can't think of any scenes I want to recreate. it'd be good if there were a selection of images in the OP for people to get started on.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,807 Posts
    similiar for me, I feel like remaking something but can't be arsed searching for anything

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,686 Posts
    I guess I should post this:

I think I won a scene recreation contest we had on here or something with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    May 2012
    98 Posts
    Took me a bit to make this, just sorta did it here and there.

Original:

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,741 Posts
    Ohdearsweetbabyjesus, so much green. Needs to be desaturated and tinted a bit more tan if you're going for the 'Band of Brothers' look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,905 Posts

and an edit of Vman's Inglorious Basterds pose.

Edited:

Also the end of Taxi Driver
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    Was watching Jarhead and felt the need to do this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,741 Posts
    Evening, ladies and gents. Someone asked for inspiration/reference pics to recreate for this thread, so good ol' Ostriches is providing.

All images taken from a low-resolution copy of Black Hawk Down

(fuck yah, Black Hawk Down).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,356 Posts
    All your pictures are borked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,741 Posts
    Super descriptive. Can you not see them or are you talking about the crazy low image quality?

34. Post #34
    July 2010
    5,321 Posts
    Inspirational shiz

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2012
    1,056 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,741 Posts
    Meh, close enough. You should really try adding some rubble and detritus to your screenshots. Most of the stuff you pose ends up being a WWII soldier in a very flat environment. I think HL2:E2 has some good rubble and stuff to play around with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)