1. Post #1
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,297 Posts
    I'm currently doing strong-lifts and I'm having trouble reaching the caloric intake that Medhi set out for the program. Are mass-gainers any good, they seem pretty pricey.

This is the one I'm interested in getting as the opinions I read on it were overwhelmingly positive. I'm all ears.
    http://www.iammutant.com/products/mu...ionalfacts.php

2. Post #2

August 2012
    47 Posts
    no shut up eat more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

March 2005
    3,297 Posts
    I realize it's that simple man, but I can only stuff myself with so much food. I've always been on the skinnier side even though I managed to eat more now ever since I started lifting.

This is 12 pounds of gainer for 45 dollars, wouldn't it be pretty effective? It seems cost-effective even compared to food and an easy way to get my entire caloric intake.
    http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit...pr_product_top

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,314 Posts
    That's just maltodextrin and some whey. Oats have better general nutritional values, as much protein and oats are cheaper.

How long you've been lifting and have you gained any weight?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

March 2005
    3,297 Posts
    I'm eating oats, I try to get in a bowl of oatmeal everyday. I've been lifting for about a month now with stonglifts. I started off at 150 and reached 155 lbs at my peak about a week ago, but today I noticed I was 151.2 pounds.

6. Post #6
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    I'm on the skinnier side too, but trust me you do need to eat more. Even if it fucking hurts to eat more you just gotta do it. Even if you think you're about to throw up you gotta do it.

I was always really skinny, weighed about 65 kg a year and so ago. Now I weigh 83 kg and I'm still pretty lean. It's because ectomorphs (the body type we probably are) find it really hard to put on any sort of weight, fat or muscle, and the only way to do it is if we eat a heap of food. Good thing about us, we don't have to worry about getting fat and losing weight to lower our bf% is easy as hell. Bad thing though is that we have to eat more than others to make our gains.

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    I'm on the skinnier side too, but trust me you do need to eat more. Even if it fucking hurts to eat more you just gotta do it. Even if you think you're about to throw up you gotta do it.

I was always really skinny, weighed about 65 kg a year and so ago. Now I weigh 83 kg and I'm still pretty lean. It's because ectomorphs (the body type we probably are) find it really hard to put on any sort of weight, fat or muscle, and the only way to do it is if we eat a heap of food. Good thing about us, we don't have to worry about getting fat and losing weight to lower our bf% is easy as hell. Bad thing though is that we have to eat more than others to make our gains.

oh fuck me.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    If I'm wrong on what I said I am fine with that and accept that, could you please educate me. I like to learn about what I'm wrong about.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,053 Posts
    the whole body type thing is broscience.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Why are you trying to stuff yourself? Your workouts should be your indication; making progress, feeling energetic throughout the day and the workouts are not gassing you out too quickly - you're fine.

500g of carbs and 200g protein is an overestimation.

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    If I'm wrong on what I said I am fine with that and accept that, could you please educate me. I like to learn about what I'm wrong about.
    Somatotypes are a discarded criminology theory, they were never intended for fitness/physiology and you will never find a single research journal using somatotypes because they are bullshit.

There are no pre defined body types, you can see how ridiculous it gets when people start claiming to be mixes of all three.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    I'm currently doing strong-lifts and I'm having trouble reaching the caloric intake that Medhi set out for the program. Are mass-gainers any good, they seem pretty pricey.

This is the one I'm interested in getting as the opinions I read on it were overwhelmingly positive. I'm all ears.
    http://www.iammutant.com/products/mu...ionalfacts.php
    dude

your avatar

Edited:

y

13. Post #13
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    Somatotypes are a discarded criminology theory, they were never intended for fitness/physiology and you will never find a single research journal using somatotypes because they are bullshit.

There are no pre defined body types, you can see how ridiculous it gets when people start claiming to be mixes of all three.
    Oh right, I didn't realise it was just a theory I've seen the graphs for it everywhere. I don't know, I guess I've been really skinny all my life and say that as a reason.

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Oh right, I didn't realise it was just a theory I've seen the graphs for it everywhere. I don't know, I guess I've been really skinny all my life and say that as a reason.
    It's like most things in the world of fitness:

Somebody says one thing, people start repeating it and soon it's gospel despite having no basis.

After all it's very easy to make excuses and say oh I have <x> bodytype and thats why I have <y> problems rather than acknowledging that I eat too much/too little or have a terrible training program
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)