1. Post #41
    May 2011
    2,706 Posts
    Those bandits are geniuses.

"Look! One of our own has him in a hold!"
    "Cease fire!"
    "Look now! The guy has one of our own as a meatshield!"
    "Blast him to hell!"
    To be fair, he did shoot. And he missed. A nearly static target. Then he shoots one of his comrades multiple times. I call stormtrooper syndrome.

2. Post #42
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,103 Posts
    I felt that the people who you fight are nice normal people, who started shooting at you because you choked one of their friends.
    No, it's right after these "nice" people made the duo crash their car and run for their lives.

here is the video of how things escalated.

Edited:

Those bandits are geniuses.

"Look! One of our own has him in a hold!"
    "Cease fire!"
    "Look now! The guy has one of our own as a meatshield!"
    "Blast him to hell!"
    I am pretty sure you would react in a similar manner in a situation when adrenaline rushes through your veins, your average human doesn't think very much during these kind of situations.

Edited:

To be fair, he did shoot. And he missed. A nearly static target. Then he shoots one of his comrades multiple times. I call stormtrooper syndrome.
    Because you can have perfect aim during high levels of stress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,181 Posts
    aim at this relatively small target and DONT SHAKE YOUR VISION THE PRESSURE THE PRESSURE

theres a simulation of what police go through anytime they need to use their gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44

June 2012
    602 Posts
    The voices sound amazing. Especially hers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #45
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    The voices sound amazing. Especially hers.
    Contain your boners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,045 Posts
    Contain your boners.
    your trying too hard to be funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    October 2005
    236 Posts
    Why do people always say this as a bad thing? The Half-life's were linear and I'm sure it's one of your favorite games, as it's everyone's. The reason these games are linear is because it makes it a lot more plot-driven, and to give it more polish and attention to detail.
    Well it takes away some replayability. Uncharted wasn't as bad for this because there were collectibles and stuff you had to find along with multiplayer.

8. Post #48
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    your trying too hard to be funny
    You're not trying hard enough to type correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

9. Post #49
    July 2007
    537 Posts
    aim at this relatively small target and DONT SHAKE YOUR VISION THE PRESSURE THE PRESSURE

theres a simulation of what police go through anytime they need to use their gun
    Dude it's a video game, not real life. You even get a cross hair with perfect aim.

Also we need to use a more recent example of a good linear game because Half-Life is an old game. It being linear didn't matter back then, but a game like Metro 2033, which is linear in a market of sandbox FPS games, has a very immersible story and gameplay which this game undoubtedly does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,103 Posts
    Dude it's a video game, not real life. You even get a cross hair with perfect aim.
    He is talking about the npc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2010
    125 Posts
    Well fuck, looks like I'll have to steal back the PS3 I sold to my little brother.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,641 Posts
    He is talking about the npc.
    They didn't want this game to be really hard (though I'm pretty sure they'll allow you to disable all hud and other aids), but they did allow for realistic enemies such as these. I'm sure as hell I wouldn't easily shoot at my friend if he had the other guy in a hold.

13. Post #53
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,505 Posts
    It's as if Ellie looks 14 but has the voice of a 20 year old.
    Fun Fact: Ellie is voiced by the same VA who did that blonde hall monitor girl in King of the Hill.

somewhat more importantly, she voices Gwen from Ben 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    Thing is, I get that with my PC. It might cost a bit more to assemble, but the hardware's worth it. How much are PS3's going for nowadays? I should get one for the games that are exclusive.
    160 GB PS3s go for $250.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,890 Posts
    Goddamn I hate it when games are platform exclusive, it makes absolutely no sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,641 Posts
    Goddamn I hate it when games are platform exclusive, it makes absolutely no sense
    Devs are owned by sony. Why would sony want to publish their games on the 360. Same with 360 exclusives.

Thats the reason why the vast majority of console exclusive are so.
    And it makes perfect sense to me at least, whether I like it or not.

17. Post #57
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,969 Posts
    Just look at some of the posts in this thread, people considering buying a PS3 for this game and others. THAT'S why it's an exclusive, boosts sales of the console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,026 Posts
    If this is the only reason you have a PS3 you must be doing something wrong.
    Seriously. It's like the people who look at Halo or something and say "This is the only reason I have a Xbox 360." Sony might be the reigning king of exclusives right now, but if you own a console for only one game then I'm not entirely sure what to say. Personally, I've got a PS3 for Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Last of Us, LittleBigPlanet, God of War...I could go on for a while, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,890 Posts
    Devs are owned by sony. Why would sony want to publish their games on the 360. Same with 360 exclusives.

Thats the reason why the vast majority of console exclusive are so.
    And it makes perfect sense to me at least, whether I like it or not.
    I was mainly referring to PC

20. Post #60
    I am Zero's Fox
    February 2009
    3,501 Posts
    day 1 nude mods pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Aaaaaarh, I wish i didnt have to sell my PS3 recently, better get another soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    April 2011
    1,387 Posts
    I was mainly referring to PC
    You know that doesn't change anything at all.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,267 Posts
    I'm sure as hell I wouldn't easily shoot at my friend if he had the other guy in a hold.
    But he unloads into his friend when he's the one being taken hostage? Yeah ok.

24. Post #64
    January 2012
    1,796 Posts
    But he unloads into his friend when he's the one being taken hostage? Yeah ok.
    Why are we necessarily attaching such deep meaning to this? If the guy blindsided you then took you into a hold like that, would it be fun if you get shot and die right then? No, you'd be pissed. I imagine they did it so you don't get taken by surprise and killed right on the spot, because that's just not as fun, when you don't stand a chance.

25. Post #65
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    I have a feelings this is going to be linear.
    do you say that about movies too

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts
    I think when this game comes out I am going to do a PS3 + The Last of Us giveaway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    This is the only reason I have a PS3
    There is also Journey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    July 2012
    427 Posts
    Why do you guys start pissing yourselves as soon as you see something scripted?
    Jesus, way to nitpick.

29. Post #69
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Why do you guys start pissing yourselves as soon as you see something scripted?
    Jesus, way to nitpick.
    Not sure if you're saying that people are excited about scripted events or pissed off about scripted events, so I'll answer your question thinking that you mean the latter.

The thing with scripted events is that they're always the same. On every playthrough. That eats a lot of replay value, because you know all the tricks and shit and when they happen.

This game would be the best shit ever if all of those events seen in the video were dynamic and unscripted. Every playthrough would be different in a way that you couldn't precisely predict if a guy is gonna pop out of nowhere and smack your head on the table and take you hostage.

I think we're way pass scripted events and we should put a lot more effort into dynamic gameplay. This could be a good start or just another, but more polished game with scripted coolness.

30. Post #70
    The atmosphere in this is fantastic, I love how everyone reacts to ever bullet fire, like a flinch or a duck.

Edited:

Aha, "Are you alright?"

"No! You scared the shit outa me"

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,326 Posts
    isn't it obvious that the game's combat/stealth scenes are mostly unscripted but with a set of various options that respond to fairly dynamic ai? this is evidence enough from the fact that this is the exact same part of the game the first gameplay trailer was from, but it plays out in a completely different way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts
    Reminds me a lot of I am alive, except this looks a lot better, I just hope it's going to be harder than I am alive was, which was piss easy on hardest difficulty.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,045 Posts
    isn't it obvious that the game's combat/stealth scenes are mostly unscripted but with a set of various options that respond to fairly dynamic ai? this is evidence enough from the fact that this is the exact same part of the game the first gameplay trailer was from, but it plays out in a completely different way
    i noticed that as well

first trailer the guy goes into there and shoots up everybody, hell even the girl helps
    this one he goes the more stealthy route which i like better.

i also love how that last guy ran away, it gives the game so much more
    imagine when your playing that, this happens and he tricks you into running head first into another group (who then riddle you with bullets)
    also love the fact that ammo is so little in this game, i personally think that finding even a single bullet will make you feel like a god among men.
    wonder what other weapons will be involded, we've seen one pistol, a shotgun, metal rods, bricks and other small items, again i'm personally hoping for some kind of bolt-action rifle that would be GOTY for me.