1. Post #41
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Don't make people spawn with pistols, It was pretty fucking annoying to die with end game gear to some fresh spawn with a makarov from behind.

EDIT: Did not read ammo-less* although don't do it anyway.
    Yeah, I know it's a pain. Just spitballing tbh, but we want to stray far enough from the norm that it's interesting, without getting so far away that's it's unlike regular Hive servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #42
    February 2010
    2,210 Posts
    Just had a hell of night.

Some hacker spawned a UH-1H (he didn't get it legit despite the fact it is possible to get one legit) and he was flying around in elektro, my friend and I was watching him, he touched down and got out but got banned by an admin. Basically we bolted to the heli, I got in as pilot (I know how to fly) and we flew around the map.

As we were flying over Stary, we took some heavy fire and some damaged but my friend who was a gunner was firing at them and actually killed someone at pitch black at night. We touched down @ NW Airfield, he grabbed some loot and got out.

We were going to stop at Devil's castle but some bandits were there and started shooting, so I hauled my ass out of there. We flew over to Krasnostav airstrip and touched down. Everything was going well and as he was coming back from looting, I think some hacker spawned next to me as I saw "Give Morphine" even though my friend was not at the heli.

Jumped in my heli, freaked the fuck out and crashed. The first heli I ever found in DayZ and best find I've ever had in DayZ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,646 Posts
    James is putting a password on the server, apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,966 Posts
    that new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 5 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,935 Posts
    Don't make people spawn with pistols, It was pretty fucking annoying to die with end game gear to some fresh spawn with a makarov from behind.

EDIT: Did not read ammo-less* although don't do it anyway.
    that's why you look behind you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #46
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    I'm trying to play with fans on DE 1771 and there are two snipers on Triple Yellow shooting everyone.

Anyone wanna come and counter-snipe em? :D

7. Post #47
    Players spawn with M79 or Mk13, with flares&smokes on USPVT now. This should be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    Damn it's been a while since I've played this.

Time to try and get back into the groove of things.

9. Post #49
    Didn't work and I'm definitely not crying. Just don't feel like wasting my time, therefore I'm looking for alternate places to play. I know plenty of people here play on different servers than USPVT and I'm looking for a new home.
    You realize there are hackers on all servers? I'm serious too, its been a couple months with a fuckton of hackers you should have gotten used to loosing your precious bandages by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,521 Posts
    Players spawn with M79 or Mk13, with flares&smokes on USPVT now. This should be interesting.
    Wasn't Mk13 blacklisted in DayZ along with the Mk16 and Mk17 series?

11. Post #51
    August 2012
    41 Posts
    You realize there are hackers on all servers? I'm serious too, its been a couple months with a fuckton of hackers you should have gotten used to loosing your precious bandages by now.
    nah man it's all one big conspiracy, we're definately the only ones being targeted here

12. Post #52
    Wasn't Mk13 blacklisted in DayZ along with the Mk16 and Mk17 series?
    Oh wait a minute. You're right.. disregard the latter then. I completely forgot, Fuck you rocket. You blacklist a fucking flaregun and not a AS50_TWS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    james said
    "lol peopl will get bored i better just stop porting dayz to this map"
    or something
    He got it working on Panthera pretty easily, he was just too lazy to get lootspawns working properly for every building. Also adding vehicles and remaking the loot tables so they would work properly for all the custom buildings in Panthera.

The map just didn't seem to suit DayZ very well considering there were some roads that had enterable house after house lined up, which would lead to way too much loot spawning. Outside towns there was quite literally nothing but mountains and the odd foliage. The cities were also very small and looked extremely undetailed.

All in all, its playable, but its not a very good environment for DayZ. Its like 60% mountain, 20% desert, 20% roads and settlements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    October 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Uh

"This server is currently locked."

What do.

Edited:

Now it says there is a password.

Edited:

Fuck, what is going on?

15. Post #55
    I added a password to the servername to cut down the amount of join spam we get, and hackers usually have lesser IQ then the majority so.. lets try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #56
    October 2009
    4,278 Posts
    I added a password to the servername to cut down the amount of join spam we get, and hackers usually have lesser IQ then the majority so.. lets try it.
    That is one strange password.

17. Post #57
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    I wish Rocket would use the ACEX gun models, the fucking M16M203 is unbearable to use in its normal mode, the ACE one is way better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    I wish rocket would just use ACE in general.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,597 Posts
    I bought ARMA and I'm going to play this with a friend who's been playing for a while. Any tips to de-noob me?

I'm treating this as a roguelike where I WILL die and I WILL enjoy it. Other than that I have no idea what I'm doing.

20. Post #60
    Qwo
    August 2012
    47 Posts
    I wish Rocket would die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    I bought ARMA and I'm going to play this with a friend who's been playing for a while. Any tips to de-noob me?

I'm treating this as a roguelike where I WILL die and I WILL enjoy it. Other than that I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Prepare to be shot by a invisible guy with godmode or thrown 1km into the air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,521 Posts
    Prepare to be shot by a invisible guy with godmode or thrown 1km into the air.
    If you're lucky they'll just turn you into a goat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #63
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Or let you at it at their hacked weapon crates.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,521 Posts
    Or let you at it at their hacked weapon crates.
    No, that's if the hacker's unlucky and James is on hahaha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,597 Posts
    I hear talk of "servers" here. Are there different servers that people have ala Minecraft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,521 Posts
    I hear talk of "servers" here. Are there different servers that people have ala Minecraft?
    Yes, some people join random servers every time they play, some have favorite servers they prefer to play on. Not to mention this is how it works for 95% of online PC games, whereas consoles generally just use matchmaking and stick random people together on servers hosted by I don't know who.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    He's from 05, I imagine he would at least have played Gmod.

28. Post #68
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Jesus have you been playing fucking GoldenEye for the past 20 years?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

29. Post #69
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,085 Posts
    so after not playing ArmA 2 for some time, i had forgotten how to throw grenades

Edited:

also fun fact, my character has over 100 days survived
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    January 2010
    599 Posts

This needs to be a thing, like right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,521 Posts
    also fun fact, my character has over 100 days survived
    I think you just dumped out a carton of salt while stepping on mirrors with cleats as you stroll under a giant ladder.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts
    So gentlemen, where do I find the password?

Edited:

SNIP OH GOD IM AN IDIOT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,851 Posts

informational post, make sure a helicopter is stopped before you bail
    Nobody seem to know how to land a huey quickly and safely almost everyone does the same fucking thing it's quite annoying. I haven't played in a week hopefully I still have my tents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,498 Posts
    I found the FAL with the NV optic at a helicopter crash and had six magazines for it, stashed it in my tent because it my buddy already had a DMR and I had the M16A2+ACOG. Patch rolls out, tent reverts to 3 days earlier, FAL is gone. Life goes on.

Also in my first life, I killed a bandit who had an M249 because he spawned in front of me, I tried to put it in my pack and it was deleted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What is password tell me pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

36. Post #76
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,661 Posts
    m249 saw in a heli crash. :D

3 heli crashes today already. i am lucky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Alright so who was sniping at a group of surviors in Stary? If you read this you only killed one and downed the rest. We are fine and far away now.

Edited:

Why is USPVT locked?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #78
    April 2009
    2,409 Posts
    Survivor FM visited Novy Sobor, hooray!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,597 Posts
    Jesus have you been playing fucking GoldenEye for the past 20 years?
    ahaha

I had been under the impression that this game just had "Chernaubus" and that was THE server and THE map and everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    October 2009
    1,510 Posts
    ahaha

I had been under the impression that this game just had "Chernaubus" and that was THE server and THE map and everything.
    Chernaubus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)