1. Post #41
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,479 Posts
    I am Dutch, and we name the British Queen 'Queen Elizabeth', and our queen 'The Queen'
    As an American, I've always found it amusing that many modern European nations still have kings and queens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Informative Informative x 5 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2012
    689 Posts
    I bet the Queen is having a ruff day coping with her loss
    FTFY

Edited:

As an American, I've always found it amusing that many modern European nations still have kings and queens.
    As a Canadian, I think it's really cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    February 2009
    25,479 Posts

Personally I think we should all live in republics. Monarchies are archaic, at best. Even "constitutional" monarchies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    592 Posts

;_;7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 India Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts
    this being the 50th pet of the queen to have died of old age.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 31Dumb Dumb x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #47

March 2012
    321 Posts
    RIP little dog.

8. Post #48
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,340 Posts
    Personally I think we should all live in republics. Monarchies are archaic, at best. Even "constitutional" monarchies.
    And republics aren't archaic?

It's a joke I really don't care enough to get into a discussion about this   

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,480 Posts
    Does this put Charles one step closer to the throne?
    You just sent me into a laughing fit, well played sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,491 Posts
    Waiting for a "where were you when x died" post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    Many? If I'm not mistaken, it's only like 10 out of 50. And 3 of those 10 are only microstates. (Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Monaco)

But yes, as cool as traditions may be, it is quite amusing.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,854 Posts
    corg is die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    894 Posts
    corg is die
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member

October 2007
    2,317 Posts
    this a tragic loss :-(

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,491 Posts
    riller must be so sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    5,253 Posts
    That was only funny on the Sonic thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

17. Post #57
    If the mods approve of this title they hereby admit that they are all massive faggots
    October 2009
    9,663 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    August 2011
    498 Posts
    When I saw the title I thought the band Queen had a Corgi mascot

19. Post #59
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts
    implying the UK is a monarchy

implies republics aren't archaic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,982 Posts
    ok who put ian in the drier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

21. Post #61
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    That was only funny on the Sonic thread.
    That was the point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    Americas two-party system consisting of "vote for this person" surely has existed pretty much as long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    FTFY

Edited:

As a Canadian, I think the British monarchy is completely irrelevant to our society and would like to see it removed from our political process and constitution completely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Americas two-party system consisting of "vote for this person" surely has existed pretty much as long.
    Its not a 2 party system by government, its a 2 party system by effect from the people, they only vote for the 2 major parties because no one knows what anyone else does, because our history has dictated that a majority side with one or another for the problems of the decades (such as slavery/civil war). We have many different parties, but, again, none of them matter.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    corg is die
    excuse for bad english

wher you when corg is die

i was bathroom dranking tea fluid when charle am call

"corg is die"

no

and you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,912 Posts
    I bet the Queen is having a woof day coping with her loss
    Your barking up the wrong tree ZombieDawgs, don't be so ruff on the queen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    August 2010
    1,027 Posts
    Don't worry, we find your government pretty hilarious too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,926 Posts
    Its not a 2 party system by government, its a 2 party system by effect from the people, they only vote for the 2 major parties because no one knows what anyone else does, because our history has dictated that a majority side with one or another for the problems of the decades (such as slavery/civil war). We have many different parties, but, again, none of them matter.
    But campaign financing rules and the 'bipartisan' presidential debates keep the two-party system in place

30. Post #70
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,121 Posts
    Can we not turn this into a debate about governmental systems and just continue to mourn the royal corgi?

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,926 Posts
    It's what Monty would have wanted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

32. Post #72
    March 2011
    4,223 Posts
    God damn it, they're on to us

Edited:

Not really, couldn'tve been't been the Irish, there wasn't a shooting, car bomb, anything set on fire or even a riot.
    Not even a broken beer bottle was found. So it couldn't have been them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,455 Posts
    It's what Monty would have wanted
    But not what Cider would've wanted at all.

34. Post #74
    July 2008
    1,605 Posts
    lynch the hop

35. Post #75
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,886 Posts
    At least she has two backup corgis.

36. Post #76

January 2012
    283 Posts
    i have a corgi and the mere thought of losing him makes me cry

why did i come to this thread
    help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    5,124 Posts
    I bet the Queen is having a woof day coping with her loss
    You must be barking mad to think that pun was clever.

Edited:

excuse for bad english

wher you when corg is die

i was bathroom dranking tea fluid when charle am call

"corg is die"

no

and you?
    Gooby pls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    June 2012
    259 Posts
    shit

do Canadians have to pretend they care

we had to pretend for the royal wedding

Yes, we do. Not doing so is punishable by public execution via Guillotine.

So now the question is what kind of flowers are appropriate for a corgi funeral.

39. Post #79
    February 2009
    25,479 Posts
    Can we not turn this into a debate about governmental systems and just continue to mourn the royal corgi?
    But that's exactly why I made the "monarchies are dumb" comment.

(That, and because they are)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #80
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    3,007 Posts
    I bet the Germans did this.
    Slander!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)